N-400 San Francisco timeline

The format I gave was specifically for WSC. North Carolina has another Service Center. I'm sorry that it worked out in the manner that it did. Sit tight. It takes between 10 days and 21 days from check cashing to get the NOA. Additionally, if after 45 you don't get the NOA you can call and have it sent.

Jedi,
45 days from when? (from date of filing + 45 days?)
Is that when you should call them and ask for NOA if not received?

Does anyone know how can I find out the oath schdule? My interview is on Sept. 5 in San Francisco. I would like to know when is the next oath date. Thanks.

Does anyone know how can I find out the oath schdule? My interview is on Sept. 5 in San Francisco. I would like to know when is the next oath date. Thanks.

Hi be_cb,

Could you please share your immigration timeline with us? It is important to know for me if you get your GC via employement or marriage and where did you get your GC issued like here in CA or from another state.

Thanks in advance!

Your Timeline:
N400 mailed: 1/3/07
PD: 1/5/07
FP: 2/8 (done earlier 1/25)
I/V notice date: 7/23
I/V date: 9/5
Oath: ??/??

My Timeline:
N400 mailed 2/20/07
PD: 2/23/07
FP: 3/27
I/V notice date: ??/??
I/V date: ??/??

Last edited by a moderator:
My GC is via marriage. My husband GC is via employment. We got our GC in CA at same time. We filed N-400 together, we have the exact same timeline. My husband also has interview on Sept 5.

Hi be_cb,

Could you please share your immigration timeline with us? It is important to know for me if you get your GC via employement or marriage and where did you get your GC issued like here in CA or from another state.

Thanks in advance!

Your Timeline:
N400 mailed: 1/3/07
PD: 1/5/07
FP: 2/8 (done earlier 1/25)
I/V notice date: 7/23
I/V date: 9/5

My Timeline:
N400 mailed 2/20/07
PD: 2/23/07
FP: 3/27
I/V notice date: ??/??
I/V date: ??/??

Any Updates?

Any Updates?
Anyone from SF DO with FP done at SF/OAK between June 20 - July 20 received Interview letters ?

FP done on Jun 30th

Haven't received anything further yet. Is there a way to check the status of the FP ?

If there is anyone with FP done around June 30th and has recieved Interview Letter , please update your details.

Thanks

Called CSC today

The rep told me that it takes a month to receive the application receipt from the date check encashed due to high number of applications.

Application Mailed: May 10, 2007

N-400 Time Line
District Office : SFO/OAK
May 10, 2007 : Mailed to CSC (USPS)
May 14, 2007 : Package accepted at CSC
May 14, 2007 : Priority Date
May 30, 2007 : Notice date (I-797C)
June 10, 2007 : FP Notice received
June 22, 2007 : FP Done (Oakland)
July 28, 2007 : Interview Notice, scheduled for Sept 17, 2007 in SF

I happen to have a day off so I schedule the infopass today. I showed the officer receipt notice and finger print notice. He checked his screen then walked to another window to ask another IO something. I think he's quite new. Another IO said something like "it's clear and it's up to you how you want to do this" or something like that. He walked back and told me my finger print and name check is clear. Then he said he is going to email the center that I'm ready for interview. He then keyed something into the system and said "You are all set. I just send the message to the center that you're ready for interview. You should receive the letter in 30 days."

I don't know if this can be done that he can actually request the interview for me. I guess I just have to wait and see. At least I'm relieved that my name check is clear. Thank you.

PD: 6/19/07
FD: 7/12/07

I happen to have a day off so I schedule the infopass today. I showed the officer receipt notice and finger print notice. He checked his screen then walked to another window to ask another IO something. I think he's quite new. Another IO said something like "it's clear and it's up to you how you want to do this" or something like that. He walked back and told me my finger print and name check is clear. Then he said he is going to email the center that I'm ready for interview. He then keyed something into the system and said "You are all set. I just send the message to the center that you're ready for interview. You should receive the letter in 30 days."

I don't know if this can be done that he can actually request the interview for me. I guess I just have to wait and see. At least I'm relieved that my name check is clear. Thank you.

PD: 6/19/07
FD: 7/12/07

Hi QuickQuickPls,
Which option you choose when making Infopass appointment? My FP was done on 13th July, so I'd like to know whether my name check is clear or not. Please tell me how to schedule infopass with correct option. which office?
Thanks for your help.

I am a US Citizen, now (Aug 7th 2007). Traveled this journey with you all.

Dates...

1. PD = 03/20/2007
2. N400 and FP Fees withdrawn from bank = 03/25/2007
3. I-797 - N400 Petition Recieved letter from USCIS = 04/03/2007
4. FP done at Oakland, CA - 4/17/2007
5. Interview at Oakland, CA = 6/18/2007
6. Interview result = Recommended for approval and I/O gave me N-652 = 6/18/2007
6. Infopass - SanFrancisco - Got Oath date -N-445 = 7/12/2007
7. Recieved in mail - N-445 - Oath letter = 7/12/2007
8. Oath ceremony at San Francisco - date - 8/7/2007
9. Oath taken - San Francisco, CA - Citizenship Certificate Issued - 8/7/2007
10.Expedited Passport Submitted (total fees = $171.40 ($97+$60+$14.4)- Oath day - 8/7/2007

6/18/2007= I had my interview today and went ok except I was arrested on May 22nd - 3 weeks before the interview. I/O officer asked me about arrests and I truthfully told that I was arrested for 5 hours and released and the D/A did not file any charges. I/O officer cleared for interview for "Recommended Approval". I/O officer told me that Supervisor needs to take a look at Arrest and we will send you decision in the mail.

I was very nervous about this and same thing happened. I was never arrested in US before and 3 weeks before it happened, bad day, I suppose.

7/12/2007= I had apt at USCIS at San Francisco (Infopass). Immigration officer said that your N-400 is cleared and your Oath date is on 8/7/2007 at San Francisco. I/O also gave me the N-445 confirming the Oath ceremony

After recieving N-652 on Interview date on June18th due to Arrest but no charges filed - I recieved Oath date- after 17 days

7/12/2007= I had apt at USCIS at San Francisco (Infopass). Immigration officer said that your N-400 is cleared and your Oath date is on 8/7/2007 at San Francisco. I/O also gave me the N-445 confirming the Oath ceremony. ...and I came home after Infopass apt and checked my mail. There was N-445 Oath letter in the mail as well

Hearty thanks to all who directed or commented.

Hi QuickQuickPls,
Which option you choose when making Infopass appointment? My FP was done on 13th July, so I'd like to know whether my name check is clear or not. Please tell me how to schedule infopass with correct option. which office?
Thanks for your help.

Hi svj,
I pick "You need information or other services". My infopass is at 444 Washington St, SF, CA.

Good luck!!

rikhyes, CONGRATULATION!!!

Opinions on whether you drive or take BART to Oakland USCIS office. The Telegraph Ave office is close to BART from the map, but I am not sure which do people usually prefer. Asking since I only hear bad news regarding Oakland..

Definitely BART

Opinions on whether you drive or take BART to Oakland USCIS office. The Telegraph Ave office is close to BART from the map, but I am not sure which do people usually prefer. Asking since I only hear bad news regarding Oakland..

I took BART and it is just a block away from BART station. Believe me you don't want to look for parking plus it is better part of Oakland.

name check cleared

Hi svj,
I pick "You need information or other services". My infopass is at 444 Washington St, SF, CA.

Good luck!!

rikhyes, CONGRATULATION!!!

Today I had my Infopass appointment. IO told me that I cleared my name background check, She said she is going to recommend for expedite processing of my case and send email in front of me (atleast thats what she typed and told me). Hoping to get IL sometime soon :) IO was very friendly. If you are planning your first Infopass, please take NOA and other relevant docs with you (for me she asked for FP notice that I had with FP done stamp on it).

Thanks QuickQuickPls for info. I selected the same.

FP Done

Completed my FP at Oakland. Took Bart to 19th St station, exit out of 20th St/Broadway exit. Go along Sears and at signal cross to Right onto Telegraph Ave. The office is on right. When I went there were about 50 people sitting there. Got the App form and token number. Filled out the form and gave to receptionist. She asked me to wait. After an hour, my number was called for FP in the machine at lobby area itself. Lot of people were going upstairs. Most of my FP scores were 59, 60, max was 65. At the end, the guy told I am all done. Got the stamp and sig on the FP Notice and out of the office.