N-400 San Francisco timeline

Yup, i am done with my FP today. Pretty Fast. THe guy told me i should receive IL in a month, hopefully that is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the online status change at all after the first update? My online still shows the app was received and is being processed. No update of FP, etc. Just wondering if it makes sense to track it at all for interview purpose.

Thanks

Missed my FP appointment for last week, as wife's hand got injured. Not suitable for taking fingerprints.
Any suggestions? Should I call and wait in queue to reschedule appointment? or just walk in.
-
SSC
N400
6/30/2007 : Mailed N400 by regular mail from Fremont, CA
7/03/2007 : Priority Date on receipt
7/12/2007 : Check cashed
7/25/2007 : Received notice of application
7/30/2007 : Received FP notice
8/09/2007 : FP appointment (missed it)

Missed my FP appointment for last week, as wife's hand got injured. Not suitable for taking fingerprints.
Any suggestions? Should I call and wait in queue to reschedule appointment? or just walk in.

Walk in. Try Saturday. You have genuine reason. Explain them and they will do it.

Does the online status change at all after the first update? My online still shows the app was received and is being processed. No update of FP, etc. Just wondering if it makes sense to track it at all for interview purpose.Thanks

As per various posts on this forums, it looks like it changes twice:
1) It appears online. That means Receipt is issued.
2) It disappears online. That means interview is scheduled.
Apart from these two, I don't think it changes at all. Again this is as per this forum and not very definite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuation of timeline + interview reschedule experience at San Francisco

San Francisco CIS, 250 Broadway

App mailed: Apr 2, 2007
Priority Date: Apr 4, 2007
Notice Date: Apr 17, 2007
Fingerprint Notice: Apr 26, 2007. Appointment Date: May 3, 2007
Fingerprinted: Apr 27, 2007.

Both my app, and my wifes app seem to be moving in lockstep.

Went in to get an early FP done today (Apr 27, 2007) since I will be travelling next week, and my wife has another commitment.

Got into the center at 10:00AM. Just a handful of people around and a very relaxed atmosphere. Spoke to the guard/receptionist and explained that I had come in early since I had travel plans. She asked for proof that I was travelling - an itinerary. "Anyone can come in here an say that they are travelling, so we need some proof". I didn't have one, and pulled a sad face. She took pity, went into the inner room, came out and asked for our PR cards and ID. Gave us a form to fill out along with a token! Form asks for height, weight, eye, hair color, A#, address.

Before I could get the form filled out (10 min) it was our turn. It is a optical machine which analyzes the image immediately for acceptability of the print. A relief to me since during my 485 I had my prints rejected and had to repeat the procedure.

Within 10 more minutes we were out of there.

Fingerprinter told my wife to expect an appointment letter in 3 weeks or so.

There was a good amount of metered parking spots available right in front of the center. Also 2 parking garages very close by: Sansome & Broadway.

Interview Letter Received: May 26, 2007
Interview Date: July 06, 2007
Interview cancel request made in person with InfoPass appointment: May 31, 2007.
Interview cancellation notice received: June 04, 2007

Visited district office with InfoPass appointment to check on interview reschedule: July 29, 2007

Officer said that she couldn't tell when it would be reschedule. Usually a month is assigned, but even that has not yet been done. Gave me a sermon about how this was the most important day of my life and why I shouldn't have missed it. She told me that once an interview is cancelled it gets rescheduled only if there is another cancellation and a slot becomes open, and then the people that are in queue with cancellations get alloted the slot. As a result there was no way to tell when my interview would get rescheduled. Could even be a year before it did.

Rescheduled interview notice received: August 3, 2007!
Interview Date: Aug. 17, 2007. Both for me and my wife on the same day with half-an-hour between our appointments!
Oath Ceremony notice: handed over in person soon after interview was completed.
Oath Date: Sep. 25, 2007.

No Interview notice yet ! What should I do ?

Hello all,

I had my FP at the San Francisco center on June 30th. I have not received a Interview notice yet. I am getting a bit concerned and am wondering if there is something I can do to check progress. I have already called up FBI and they have confirmed that my finger print verification was sent back the next day.

Please help. Appreciate your guidance in this matter.

Hello all,

I had my FP at the San Francisco center on June 30th. I have not received a Interview notice yet. I am getting a bit concerned and am wondering if there is something I can do to check progress. I have already called up FBI and they have confirmed that my finger print verification was sent back the next day.

People in this forum/thread who had mid May PD and mid June FD have started receiving IV notices. In my opinion, you might be in next batch. Consider that things have slowed down after rush of applications recently.

We only saw couple of ILs

...with FP dates in that timeframe. I got mine done on 6/28 and patiently waiting. So, nothing to be alarmed about.

Hello all,

Oath experience

All,

My journey is finished today with an oath ceremony at SF Masonic auditorium. Thank you for all of you who has provided excellent experience and thought through this forum especially to Mr Rajiv Khanna for providing this forum.

We had 1365 people from 98 countries to begin and finished with 1 country. All of the best for all of you in obtaining your citizenship. Now, the only waiting for passport just about to begin.

HTAM

Was your walk-in in Oakland ?

Walk in. Try Saturday. You have genuine reason. Explain them and they will do it.

Hi andromeda2007,

I saw in your timeline FP done was a walk-in. Was that in Oakland ?
Was it hasslefree or did you have to answer a lot of questions ?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi andromeda2007,

Andromeda can correct, but i recall him/her saying talk to supervisor and tell the reason as he was out of station and they will oblige if there is no rush. On the days I went there was lot of rush and i went on appointed time, and my wife went the next day. Still awaiting any letter !

Mine did not work

Hi andromeda2007,

I tried to do my FP by walk-in but that day there were so many applicants that they didn't even listen to my request. When I insisted, the lady at desk said that they will keep FP letter and you can reschedule FP on another date, if you are not in town.

So it all depends on how many ppl are present the day you "walk-in".

I'm still waiting for my IL (it's more than one month) :mad:

Got Interview letter

Just wanted to update that I got my interview letter today. Thx

Priority Date : 5/31/2007
Notice Date : 6/12/2007
FP : 6/30/2007 (rescheduled from 7/5/2007 since I was to be out of country)
Interview Letter revd : 8/23/2007
Interview Scheduled : 10/9/2007

Just wanted to update that I got my interview letter today. Thx

Priority Date : 5/31/2007
Notice Date : 6/12/2007
FP : 6/30/2007 (rescheduled from 7/5/2007 since I was to be out of country)
Interview Letter revd : 8/23/2007
Interview Scheduled : 10/9/2007

Is your online status disappear?

Thanks

Pradciti,
congratulations. Please keep updating on what documents you are planning to take to SF/Oakland interview and you experiences. Have you finished the 100 civics questions? Did you apply alone or with spouse? If with spouse, did he/she also get interview letter.

-good luck