N-400 San Francisco timeline

Your check cleared on 7/10 or 7/11 that makes it only 12/13 days till now. I don't think you should panic. It took me 13-14 days too. I think you might get it soon. Trust in the force you must :)

Yes you can put WSC*00<7-digits-on-check> and check website. I don't think that helps though much. The day I got notice only that day website showed me status. Although website says it was updated day before(as per dates on notice/site), but it appeared only on the day I got notice. In fact your status doesn't show means your notice is not lost and is in process of getting to you or being processed.

Hi,

I have but no luck for me. I have a copy of the cashed check...and I'm literally siting here right now doing this....
any help? There are seven digits infron of the check with no letters...just numbers?

Receipt number

Receipt number consists of 13 chars. So, if you see 7 numbers on the check, try with WSC*00nnnnnnn (n's are numbers from the check).

Hi,

I have but no luck for me. I have a copy of the cashed check...and I'm literally siting here right now doing this....
any help? There are seven digits infron of the check with no letters...just numbers?

Andromeda2007,

You're name is STILL cool! Thanks for helping. I know it's early you know...I'm just obsessing over this because it easy to. I'm totally still within the 10-21 days after check cashing so it's cool. I just wish I could know ... as I think everyone else here does. I have until August 14th to worry. There is a memo from USCIS stating that CSC is behind with N400 receipting and hopes to be up to date by 7-31-2007. Thanks for helping my nerves!

Hi All,

My case became available On-Line Today! It's 7:30am and I haven't received my NOA yet. Entering the number from the front of the check + WSC* REALLY works!!!!!

Application Process:
PR Since '86
5/01/07-6/30/07:...........Gathering Info/Docs
DO: Los Angeles, CA
06/30/2007:..................Mailed N-400 CSC, Laguna Niguel [Day 0]
07/03/2007:..................N-400 Applc. Rec’d (Rtrn. Rect. USCIS 06/29/07) [Day 3]
07/10/2007:..................Check Cashed (Per Bank Website) [Day 10]
07/24/2007:..................Application Case Available On-Line (Per USCIS Website) [Day 24]

Got it done today on a walk in basis. I think they get lot of such request, so the moment you start speaking they figure out, what you asking for. First person will say, you will have to talk to my boss. Thank him and sit patiently to talk to his boss. Boss will call you and be short and precise in explaining him why you want it today and tell him you appreciate it if it can be done today. Be ready for answers to what he asks. It was crowded but he gave me the number to do it then and there. Dont forget to thank everybody you deal with :)

I saw lot of ppl do it on saturday. I tried Friday, but at that time there were too many ppl came for FP, so they didnot consider my request. On my scheduled date, there were very few ppl. It all depends on the day and time you go.

All the best ;)

Andromeda, What reason you gave? Are you out of station on the said date. I am just curious what is the advantage of doing it early. Do they schedule for interview earlier? ie namecheck starts as soon as you do FP or do they still wait wait for your original interview date to move papers ...

Well I did it early because I will be travelling on my FP appointment date. Regarding advantage, I think as soon as FP is done, the rest of the process kicks in and yes you may get interview earlier.

Andromeda, What reason you gave? Are you out of station on the said date. I am just curious what is the advantage of doing it early. Do they schedule for interview earlier? ie namecheck starts as soon as you do FP or do they still wait wait for your original interview date to move papers ...

Hey jedi.knight,

i also checked the online status, and it says the n-400 app. was received on 7.9 and a notice had been mailed. Is that the same as what you have seen there?

maikal,
Yes! I got my NOA today. I'll update when I get home.

This means that you will get your NOA this week!!!!

Best Regards,
-Jedi.Knight

my friend is even at the same timeline as mine, same day of CC, but she has even got the date of FP already, which is 8.9....

Men between 18-45 will likely go through a more lengthier background and name check. Your NOA shoudl be arriving shortly though!

Hello all,
Getting back to immigration portal after a few years of rest. Thanks to everyone who posts on the board.

N400
6/30/2007 : Mailed N400 by regular mail from Fremont, CA
7/03/2007 : Priority Date on receipt
7/12/2007 : Check cashed
7/25/2007 : Received notice of application

Looks like CSC is swamped - and the process is slowing down.. but I am not in a big hurry..

-SSC

DO: SFO
N 400 Mailed to CSC: 05/11/2007
Check Cashed: 05/22/2007
PD: 05/14/2007
Notice Date: 05/30/2007
FP Notice Date: 05/31/2007
Notices (receipt and FP) both received: 06/02/2007
FP Appt Date: 06/20/2007
IL Notice Date: 7/23/2007
IL Received Date: 7/26/2007
Interview scheduled: 9/14/2007
Oath:?

Finally I received my interview letter yesterday. Here is my timeline.

N400 mailed: 1/3/07
PD: 1/5/07
FP: 2/8 (done earlier 1/25)
I/V notice date: 7/23
I/V date: 9/5
Oath: ???

where is the 7 digital on check??

Hi Jedi.Knight,

Could you pls tell me where can I find the 7 digital number on the check?
There are only 4 number on my check. I sent the n 400 to TSC at 29th June,
haven't received NOA yet. Can I check the case status on line with the check
number???

Hi Jedi.Knight,

Could you pls tell me where can I find the 7 digital number on the check?
There are only 4 number on my check. I sent the n 400 to TSC at 29th June,
haven't received NOA yet. Can I check the case status on line with the check
number???

there is a 7 digit number in front of check for CA. (say 1234567) so number is
WSC*001234567 . note addition of two 0's.

there will be number on back of check WSC?xxxxx..
please ignore that

Thanks for posting the info Desihai! Yeah, I think the deluge of applicants may result in delays. CSC put out a memo that they were behind and planed to be up to date by July 31. Keep looking out!

Best Regards,
-Jedi.Knight

Funny thing about the number in front of the check. I mailed applications for my wife and me. The number on my check is only 6 digits, whereas the number for the canceled check for wife is 7 digits. Expecting them to be in sequence, I inserted the missing number - and it worked..
i.e. similar to a typo, someone made a writo.

desihai,Jedi.Knight,
Thanks very much for your help.:)
I live in NC ,the number on the check is only 4 digits:(
I tried to put WSC*00000+4digits online,it show,the N400 application is received at May 20,1998:confused:

The format I gave was specifically for WSC. North Carolina has another Service Center. I'm sorry that it worked out in the manner that it did. Sit tight. It takes between 10 days and 21 days from check cashing to get the NOA. Additionally, if after 45 you don't get the NOA you can call and have it sent.