N-400 San Francisco timeline

zhongguostream, congrats on becoming a citizen. Can you post your timeline please?

How do you know that your wife is stuck in name check? Is it through infopass?

thanks!

Anyone else with the same timeline as mine? I got my FP done at SF (Broadway and Sansome) last Fri. Did a walk-in; took me 2 hours (and $18 in parking). Around noon another guy came in to do walk-in, but was told to come another day (they are open Sat as well).

How soon can I expect IL?

Last edited by a moderator:
am_ver, look at my timeline and I am still waiting for my IL. There are others here who have waited longer. Just pray, u are lucky and u get urs in like 4-5 weeks.

Thx wannabe_citizen.

Here is my time line:

PD: 4/21/06
FP: 5/11/06
IL: 12/19/06 (Received on 12/22/06)
Interview: 2/8/07
Oath Date: 3/13/07
Passport Received: 3/20

My wife's:

PD: 4/21/06
FP: 5/12/06

Almost there I hope!!

Folks-

Had my interview at Oakland DO on 03/28/07. I should say I was lil bit unlucky as I had to go through an session of 30 mins of grilling, whereas it lasted only 5 mins for my wife. Anyway as they say...all that goes well, ends well.

Here's my brief interview experience:

My entire application from Q1..to Q(n) was validated. The officer grilled me on my traffic citations. (Eventhough I had 2 tickets in the last 3 years), one was for speeding. She digged deep into my speeding ticket...where it happ, speed limit, fine etc? Thought it was little weird.

The other area where I was grilled was on my overseas travel. I had done quite a bit of traveling after I got my GC. But none of the visits exceeded more than a month each time. The officer went to check my entire PP and validated the dates, with what had been mentioned on the application. There were few travel dates which were off by a day or two, and she was not happy with it. (Anyway lesson learnt... have to keep a tab on the travel dates after GC).

In the end had the civics, written test and approved the case.

Good luck for folks who are still waiting...

SR

Timeline:
N400 - 12/23/2006 (sent to CSC)
NOA - 01/03/2007
FP NOA - 01/11/2007
FP - 01/25/2007 (OAK - DO)
Int NOA - 02/07/2007
INT - 03/28/2007 (OAK -DO)
Oath - 05/08/2007 (SFO)

cool - congrats! looks like u got your interview notice a month after getting your FP notice!!

Folks-

Had my interview at Oakland DO on 03/28/07. I should say I was lil bit unlucky as I had to go through an session of 30 mins of grilling, whereas it lasted only 5 mins for my wife. Anyway as they say...all that goes well, ends well.

Here's my brief interview experience:

My entire application from Q1..to Q(n) was validated. The officer grilled me on my traffic citations. (Eventhough I had 2 tickets in the last 3 years), one was for speeding. She digged deep into my speeding ticket...where it happ, speed limit, fine etc? Thought it was little weird.

The other area where I was grilled was on my overseas travel. I had done quite a bit of traveling after I got my GC. But none of the visits exceeded more than a month each time. The officer went to check my entire PP and validated the dates, with what had been mentioned on the application. There were few travel dates which were off by a day or two, and she was not happy with it. (Anyway lesson learnt... have to keep a tab on the travel dates after GC).

In the end had the civics, written test and approved the case.

Good luck for folks who are still waiting...

SR

Timeline:
N400 - 12/23/2006 (sent to CSC)
NOA - 01/03/2007
FP NOA - 01/11/2007
FP - 01/25/2007 (OAK - DO)
Int NOA - 02/07/2007
INT - 03/28/2007 (OAK -DO)
Oath - 05/08/2007 (SFO)

Any body has same experience?
PD 04/20/2006
FP Done (Oakland) 06/28/2006
Interview ??
Oath ??
I hope 04/22/2007 may get interview letter if not should I call them? please advise.

omg.. your case looked pretty delayed - and I thought SF DO was fast!

Any body has same experience?
PD 04/20/2006
FP Done (Oakland) 06/28/2006
Interview ??
Oath ??
I hope 04/22/2007 may get interview letter if not should I call them? please advise.

San Francisco:

Priority date: Aug 21st, 2006
Fingerprints: Sep 21st, 2006

Still have not received interview notice.

Any people out there with same or prior priority dates who haven't got interview notice yet?
my pd is 7/25/06 and still haven't got the IL...

waiting and waiting........for IL

I'm still waiting for my IL too...it's been 5 months since I mailed the application last year... :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My N-400 Timeline (SFO):

DO: SFO
N-400 mailed to CSC: 10.30.06
N-400 received at CSC: 11.01.06(priority)
$400 Check cashed: 11.08.06
N-400 NOA issued: 11.09.06
N-400 NOA received: 11.15.06
NOA FP issued: 11.13.06
NOA FP received:11.16.06
FP appointment: 11.18.06 ( taken electronically in 20 min.)
Cleared FP Sent Back From FBI to USCIS: 11.19.06 (Called FBI to check)
Case status disappears: ? :(
Interview ND: ? :(
Interview Letter received: ? :(
Interview: ? :(
Oath: ? :(

Interview at Oakland

I had my interview today at Oakland DO. It was very short. The officer only asked for GC, DL and passport. She went over the form (just to check if there were any corrections to be made), verified my travel dates with passport, asked 10 questions, asked me to write a sentence and read two sentences.
After that, I signed the form, signed the photos and got the oath letter in 5 minutes.
The office was almost empty. I spend a total of 1 hour in the building, including waiting time.

A few notes:

1. No camera-cellphone in the building.
2. If the officer does not like the picture, you'll need to get new pictures taken and submit. Someone had to do that today.
3. The CSC website still shows my case status as pending.

My dates (approx)
-------
Submission 1/17/07
FP 2/20/07
IL early 03/07
Interview 4/09/07
Oath 5/08/07

am_ver: I have not received my IL letter yet. Will be posting here once I hear about it.

I am also quiet stumped as to what is the criteria for some applications being processed faster than the rest ? Well its the background check thingy, yes, but what goes into it ??
For ex: I have been in US for almost 10 yrs now, NO violations, NO speeding/other tickets of any kind in past 10 yrs, credit score above 720, paid my taxes on time, been a decent citizen all this time :)
But O well, as someone said, pray and wait

Last edited by a moderator:
PD - May 31, 06
FP - Jun 15, 06
Nothing much after that......

Anyone else in the same boat? Requested for inquiry into the case twice but no response.

Thanks.

Infopass appointment

Hi,

My first fingerprints were unreadable. Got noticed for 2nd FP. 2 of the 10 prints had red marks. I haven't heard from USCIS since my 2nd FP. I'm thinking of going for an infopass appointment to explain that my palms sweat and one more FP using the same machines is not going to help. I'll see if they can refer me to a police office where they'll take the prints in ink.

Has anyone been to an infopass appointment regarding fingerprinting. How was your experience?

thanks for sharing!