N-400 San Francisco timeline

Hi,

My first fingerprints were unreadable. Got noticed for 2nd FP. 2 of the 10 prints had red marks. I haven't heard from USCIS since my 2nd FP. I'm thinking of going for an infopass appointment to explain that my palms sweat and one more FP using the same machines is not going to help. I'll see if they can refer me to a police office where they'll take the prints in ink.

Has anyone been to an infopass appointment regarding fingerprinting. How was your experience?

thanks for sharing!

Excellent idea to find the status of your 2nd FP through an infopass. I am not sure if you caught an earlier Interview Experience on this forum, one forum member who also had to give two FPs took a local Police Printing Verification with him (smarted out of a GC experience). During the Citizenship interview process, the immigration officer mentioned that his 2nd set of FPs had a legibility issue and that needs to be cleared, guess what happened? The member produced the local police FP verification report right there.... no questions were asked and he was recommended for approval and got the Oath letter. Moral of the story: Incase you think you 'may' run issue with a second set of FPs as well, be extra prepared and take the local police FP verification anyway.. would cost about $25 but would take one variable out of your Citizenship equation.....

Thanks Kookvik7. Shouldn't you wait till CIS sends you to local police for FP verification? I'll be happy to be proactive and just do it. But how do I go about it? Can you please tell me or post a link? thanks much.

Name check

My fingerprinting is pending (long story: first FP was unreadable. 2nd FP is not much better so I expect that FBI will reject it). Does that mean my name check is also pending? Or does name check happen independent of FP?

thanks!

There is an Oath ceremony the next day after my interview (5/22) - has anyone had luck with the Oath right after the interview? Can we ask the IO after the interview if they can accommodate me the following day?

passport agency

Does anyone know how fast you can receive the passport in SAN FRANCISCO passport agency? My appointment is early morning. Is it possible to receive the passport in the afternoon? or next day? or day after next day? :)

Reason asking is that I got an urgent travel plan. Thanks a bunch.

Hi,

I mailed my N-400 on April 6, 2007. I never received any ND. Is this pretty normal? I verified that the application was received on the April 11, 2007 which is Wednesday.

Anybody experienced the very similar time process?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I mailed my N-400 on April 6, 2007. I never received any ND. Is this pretty normal? I verified that the application was received on the April 11, 2007 which is Wednesday.

Anybody experienced the very similar time process?

Thanks.

yes, its pretty normal - look at my timelines. Just make sure that your checks have been encashed.

N400: All done in ~4 months -San Francisco Timeline

N400 applied: 1/3/07
priority date: 1/5/07
fingerprinting: jan - Oakland
interview: 3/28/07 - San Fran
oath: 4/24/07 - San Fran

San Francisco traffic sucks!
went for fingerprinting at the wrong time but Oakland office was fine with it.
arrived late for interview but within the grace period of 15 mints
arrived late for oath but there were few people behind us.

finally an end to 11+ years of immigration (INS & then USCIS) pains (F1, H1, GC, Citizenship). Even the officer at the ceremoney joked that the ceremony would put an end to immigration lines/waiting/queues.

N400 applied: 1/3/07
priority date: 1/5/07
fingerprinting: jan - Oakland
interview: 3/28/07 - San Fran
oath: 4/24/07 - San Fran

San Francisco traffic sucks!
went for fingerprinting at the wrong time but Oakland office was fine with it.
arrived late for interview but within the grace period of 15 mints
arrived late for oath but there were few people behind us.

finally an end to 11+ years of immigration (INS & then USCIS) pains (F1, H1, GC, Citizenship). Even the officer at the ceremoney joked that the ceremony would put an end to immigration lines/waiting/queues.

cool - congrats!!

Interview done today.

I had my interview today and passed finally. IO asked standard 6 questions:

1. Who is Vice President?
2. Who was the 1st president?
3. What is bill of rights?
4. Can u change the constitution?
5. What day is July 4th?

I forgot 1 more question.

He went over the N-400 applications. He asked to write a sentence in English.
He asked to write First Name, Last Name on the photographs. He asked to write the full name in the application in cursive style.

Finally he had told 'Passed', asked whether I can take oath on May-22 and handed over the application for Passport. And I got receipt for Oath in the next service room.

DO::SFO/Oakland
N400 Sent: 2/7
Notice: 2/15
FP Notice Received:2/23
FP Date:3/13
FP done on 2/28 - Walk-in

Interview Notice Received: 3/12
Interview Date: 4/25 - SFO - Done
Oath Dt: 5/22 - SFO

Time taken to receive oath letter from Oakland

Hi guys,

My wife had her interview on 4/11 in Oakland. She passed the interview, but at that time the computer was down; so the officer told her that they'll mail her the oath letter. She hasn't received it in 2 weeks.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Should we go to the Oakland office again and ask for the letter?

Thanks.

Early FP experience + timeline

San Francisco CIS, 250 Broadway

App mailed: Apr 2, 2007
Priority Date: Apr 4, 2007
Notice Date: Apr 17, 2007
Fingerprint Notice: Apr 26, 2007. Appointment Date: May 3, 2007
Fingerprinted: Apr 27, 2007.

Both my app, and my wifes app seem to be moving in lockstep.

Went in to get an early FP done today (Apr 27, 2007) since I will be travelling next week, and my wife has another commitment.

Got into the center at 10:00AM. Just a handful of people around and a very relaxed atmosphere. Spoke to the guard/receptionist and explained that I had come in early since I had travel plans. She asked for proof that I was travelling - an itinerary. "Anyone can come in here an say that they are travelling, so we need some proof". I didn't have one, and pulled a sad face. She took pity, went into the inner room, came out and asked for our PR cards and ID. Gave us a form to fill out along with a token! Form asks for height, weight, eye, hair color, A#, address.

Before I could get the form filled out (10 min) it was our turn. It is a optical machine which analyzes the image immediately for acceptability of the print. A relief to me since during my 485 I had my prints rejected and had to repeat the procedure.

Within 10 more minutes we were out of there.

Fingerprinter told my wife to expect an appointment letter in 3 weeks or so.

There was a good amount of metered parking spots available right in front of the center. Also 2 parking garages very close by: Sansome & Broadway.

Infopass appt

I went for an Infopass appt if my FPs have been accepted. The officer was very unfriendly and indifferent. She finally said that they received the FPs and they were okay. I don't think I need to go for a police clearance.

Anyway, the good news is - I got the interview letter! I don't know if this automatically means that FP and Name check are cleared.

Is there an oath schedule we can check? Can we request for an earlier oath date than they provide?

-----------
Timeline(approx):
N400 mailed: 2/2/07
PD: 2/7
1st FP: 3/9
2nd FP: 4/12
I/V date: 5/31
Oath: ???

Here is my Timeline. No interview letter yet. Anyone in the same boat? I saw some people mail the app in Feb and March already received interview notice.

N400 mailed: 1/3/07
PD: 1/5/07
FP: 2/8 (done earlier 1/25)
I/V date: ??
Oath: ???

PD mid Nov 06 - SFO

Mine seems to be a little earlier than your PD date and I am still waiting. I am going to give it until the end of May before I make any contact with the INS, by then my PD date will be around the same as shown on the INS Processing Times website.

same timeline with am_ver but Pending Name Check / Not sure what should I do

I am waiting my IL since 5 weeks but did not received yet. I just called USCIS and IO told me I am waiting for namecheck only. Do you think it is a long delay or I should give some more time before act?

Please give some advise.

am_ver our timeline pretty same.

PD: 02/27/2007
Notice Date: 03/15/2007
FP Notice: 03/22/2007
FP Done (SF): 03/23/2007

Application...and more

Hello everyone,

I applied for citizenship a bit over 1 month ago, got two letters from the CIS:

1) one aknowledging having received my paid application, and weirdly stating there is some missed evidence (s), when I know I sent a copy of everything needed.

2) My fingerprints appointment.

I am very confused about the "round trip" and some help will be gratefully accepted

JD