N-400 San Francisco timeline

There are some postings online about missed evidence. i read on one of the threads, that this happens if you have traffic violations etc. you may want to search this site for 'missed evidence'.

Oath

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the Oath schedule for SF/Oakland? How is one's oath scheduled? Do we pick a date among the ones available or do they just assign a date of their choice? Do they take Oath most of the month or only twice or so per month?

thanks!

did anyone get a N-14 for DMV driving record on interview?

I had my interview today (05/02/2007). I passed both the CIVIC and the English test, but I mentioned about my traffic ticket I got last year...Mr honest man... :) I had missed out in the application form. I forgot to get the receipt I paid to DMV. I thought it was not a big deal but the INS officer gave me a N-14 for obtaining my driving record from DMV.:rolleyes:

I sent the driving record from DMV by Express mail today itself. My wife got thru her interview, today, and her Oath is scheduled June 5th. Anyone of you in my boat? Any timeline when I would get my Oath notice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello dcu.

My interview is the 17th of April in SF DO.
There is a Oath Ceremony at the Nob Hill Masonic Center on April 24th. You will have to wait for a oath letter. I have not read anywhere in these forums that the SF DO will hand you a oath letter under any circumstances.
Regards
Euripidi

My wife got one the same day she had her interview in SFO

Hi all,

Has anyone been asked for I-20 or H1-B docs (not Visa but H1-B papers) or I-140 filing copies during the interview?

thanks!

I had my interview today (05/02/2007). I passed both the CIVIC and the English test, but I mentioned about my traffic ticket I got last year...Mr honest man... :) I had missed out in the application form. I forgot to get the receipt I paid to DMV. I thought it was not a big deal but the INS officer gave me a N-14 for obtaining my driving record from DMV.:rolleyes:

I sent the driving record from DMV by Express mail today itself. My wife got thru her interview, today, and her Oath is scheduled June 5th. Anyone of you in my boat? Any timeline when I would get my Oath notice?

Vijay2001 was your officer called Nazeer??
Please let me know.
Also let me know if you receive your oath ceremony letter.
My N-14 was releated to marriage based application. Just like Dani.
Thank you
Regards
Euripidi

Vijay2001 was your officer called Nazeer??
Please let me know.
Also let me know if you receive your oath ceremony letter.
My N-14 was releated to marriage based application. Just like Dani.
Thank you
Regards
Euripidi

No.. it was not Nazeer. It was someone else. I can only say that he was very rude. He was rude to my wife too, but god grace, she got thru. I can't believe I got a N-14 for 1 speeding ticket.

I was very sad yesterday after my interview but Dani's Thread gave me some hope. She got her's in 2 weeks. I hope the same happens to us. I will let you know if I get my Oath.

Timeline for SFO

Can anyone tell me if 6 weeks waiting for IL at SFO is a long time or normal?
I know some others received in 3 / 4 weeks. Today is my sixth week. (I also read at SJ Timeline SFO is much faster than SJ is that correct?)

Thanks in advance!

THank you vijay2001

No.. it was not Nazeer. It was someone else. I can only say that he was very rude. He was rude to my wife too, but god grace, she got thru. I can't believe I got a N-14 for 1 speeding ticket.

I was very sad yesterday after my interview but Dani's Thread gave me some hope. She got her's in 2 weeks. I hope the same happens to us. I will let you know if I get my Oath.

Thank you my freind i appreciate your response. Yes Dani's experience game me hope too but i have now completed 2 weeks. I dont think they realize the excrutiating pain we go through. I am just afraid they will toss the file somewhere where it does not belong and will run circles after that to try to find it when they have to. You can not ask them any questions they are rude in general, i cant wait to be an American in paper because i have been an American at heart for a very long time.
Keep me posted please.
Thank you

Thank you my freind i appreciate your response. Yes Dani's experience game me hope too but i have now completed 2 weeks. I dont think they realize the excrutiating pain we go through. I am just afraid they will toss the file somewhere where it does not belong and will run circles after that to try to find it when they have to. You can not ask them any questions they are rude in general, i cant wait to be an American in paper because i have been an American at heart for a very long time.
Keep me posted please.
Thank you

Do not stress out and take it easy, you will get it. If you are a decent and a honest person with a clean record, no one can stop you in becoming an American. Once again do not stress out and take it easy, have patience and it will come.

And regarding INS officers behaving rude. I really do not understand why they behave like that, in fact they should welcome us as new American Citizens. I can understand they becoming Vigilant but I really do not understand their rude behaviour.

Do not stress out and take it easy, you will get it. If you are a decent and a honest person with a clean record, no one can stop you in becoming an American. Once again do not stress out and take it easy, have patience and it will come.

And regarding INS officers behaving rude. I really do not understand why they behave like that, in fact they should welcome us as new American Citizens. I can understand they becoming Vigilant but I really do not understand their rude behaviour.

Yes the key is to not stress, after all there is nothing we can do except wait.
Thanks for your kind words. I hope you hear from them soon.
TTYL

any update

update from anyone?

FP date is 03/23 and still waiting for IL.

PD: 02/27/2007
Notice Date: 03/15/2007
FP Notice: 03/22/2007
FP Done (SF): 03/23/2007

IL Timeline - SFO vs SJ DO

anyone has an idea which one is faster? I have friends received their IL in 3 and 4 weeks at SFO but not me. I also know someone from SJ received in 4 weeks. Now I am in 7th week.

Following is an estimated timeline for SFO DO. Anyone has any idea please submit your thoughts.
(Just replace your P Date day with 27 and see your estimated timeline)

HTML:
PD		FD		IL		IV		OTD
8/27/2006	9/23/2006	12/23/2006	2/23/2007	3/23/2007
9/27/2006	10/23/2006	1/23/2007	3/23/2007	4/23/2007
10/27/2006	11/23/2006	2/23/2007	4/23/2007	5/23/2007
11/27/2006	12/23/2006	3/23/2007	5/23/2007	6/23/2007
12/27/2006	1/23/2007	4/23/2007	6/23/2007	7/23/2007
1/27/2007	2/23/2007	5/23/2007	7/23/2007	8/23/2007
2/27/2007	3/23/2007	6/23/2007	8/23/2007	9/23/2007
3/27/2007	4/23/2007	7/23/2007	9/23/2007	10/23/2007
4/27/2007	5/23/2007	8/23/2007	10/23/2007	11/23/2007

*This is only an estimated sample and not a real timeline.

Does anyone know how fast you can receive the passport in SAN FRANCISCO passport agency? My appointment is early morning. Is it possible to receive the passport in the afternoon? or next day? or day after next day? :)

Reason asking is that I got an urgent travel plan. Thanks a bunch.

I'm also desperate for info about this. I have my oath tomorrow morning in SF and am due to travel to Europe May 19th. I have tried calling NPIC without any success in getting an appointment. Is there anyway I can get my passport in time? Even the expedited processing of 2 weeks will be too late!! Help!

Basic Questions?

Fellows, I am nearing 5yr from my GC. Started to read about citizenship. Please help me with few questions..
- Is the priority date the one called "Residence Since" on my GC?
- Can I send my N400 application 90 days from the "Residence Since" date on GC?
- What if I have to make a trip outside US from when I file the N400 to when I get citizenship?
- How much time is it typically taking for the whole process in California (San Jose).
- Any other advise, will greatly appreciate.

THANKS

My PD is 05/02/2006 and after a year I got my IV letter today...
So hang on, Name Check is slow but still moves.....

GOOD LUCK!

San Francisco:

Priority date: Aug 21st, 2006
Fingerprints: Sep 21st, 2006

Still have not received interview notice.

Any people out there with same or prior priority dates who haven't got interview notice yet?

ans

- Is the priority date the one called "Residence Since" on my GC?

No it is on your N400 receipt letter. Did you receive it?

- Can I send my N400 application 90 days from the "Residence Since" date on GC?

Yes, you can. Normally it is your PR starting date.

- What if I have to make a trip outside US from when I file the N400 to when I get citizenship?

It is OK and no legal issue. On the other hand not suggested.

- How much time is it typically taking for the whole process in California (San Jose).

SJ it takes nearly 9 months if there is no accident happens.

PS: This is not a legal advise and am not a lawyer

Hang on....

It looks like its either very fast 3-4 weeks or very slow (upto 1 year). I am still waiting (Filed in June/06), today i got my second SR created....lets see whats the response. It will definetly be your background check is still pending.....

anyone has an idea which one is faster? I have friends received their IL in 3 and 4 weeks at SFO but not me. I also know someone from SJ received in 4 weeks. Now I am in 7th week.