N-400 San Francisco timeline

any update?

We may have other IL news this weekend and next week since SFO DO start to sending letters.

any update from anyone?

Not a problem what so ever...! Just walk in...security guard will give you a number as you do not have an appoitment...will have you talk to one of the clerk and if its not too busy, he/she will just give you paperwork to fill out and send you upstair. If they are busy, they will manually schedule you on the spot for the first available date. If you are going to do the walk-in I suggest, do it on Saturday around between 9.00 - 11.00 - supposed to be the slowest time.

Make sure you don't have a sweaty palms...clean it really dry before you go upstairs for FP.

Good luck.

Thanks, moonman.

I gave it a shot yesterday and the place was empty; however the supervisor is not willing to let me do the walk-in. He's willing to let me come this Saturday (May 12, 2007) and he signed off my appt letter. Oh well better than waiting till May 24. I guess it really depends on their mood. :)

Moonman,

Could you please tell us what is your GC type H1 based or marriage? Also, whre did you get H1 (if there is), and GC? All CA or any other state?

GC Type = H1 Based (through employer)
Got the H1 here in CA
All my stay is in CA (and past 8 years at the same place)

One thing I sure recommend is to have a lawyer represent you. I know there are lot of people saying it is a simple paperwork but let me tell you...lawyers know it better - what and how to file and fill the forms and they can do all the chasing for you as well - particularly if you are in a hurry to get Citizenship and don't want to take any chances, just go through a lawyer, its worth $1000 - $ 1500.

My lawyer's quote - "N-400 processing is like assembly line and once you fall off, it will be a long time to get back on and the trick is to make sure you file all the paperwork in such a way that it minimizes the risk of falling off"

note to moonman

If you do not have a legal issue you do not need a lawyer. Especially if you get everything done in CA you are fine. Several of my friends get their IL in 3 - 4 weeks without get any help from lawyers. Sure you may need a lawyer if you have a complex status.

Yes the key is to not stress, after all there is nothing we can do except wait.
Thanks for your kind words. I hope you hear from them soon.
TTYL

Hi Euripidi,
Any update from your side? I almost completed 2 weeks since I submitted N-14 and no response so far.

No updates yet from my side my friend.

Hi Euripidi,
Any update from your side? I almost completed 2 weeks since I submitted N-14 and no response so far.

I have been waiting now for almost 4 weeks. I have made arrangements to visit the USCIS office via INFOPASS this Friday. I am worried that supervisors have been on vacation for the review process to take this long. I am sorry that you have not heard anything either. On one side though its comforting to me since,if you would have heard something it would mean my case is being scrutinized more. I will post updates as soon as i hear anything.
Please do the same if you hear back from them.
Thank you.
TTYL

I have been waiting now for almost 4 weeks. I have made arrangements to visit the USCIS office via INFOPASS this Friday. I am worried that supervisors have been on vacation for the review process to take this long. I am sorry that you have not heard anything either. On one side though its comforting to me since,if you would have heard something it would mean my case is being scrutinized more. I will post updates as soon as i hear anything.
Please do the same if you hear back from them.
Thank you.
TTYL

All the best for your INFOPASS appointment. Let us know if that hepled, if I do not get my Oath by end of this month, even I will do the INFOPASS drill.

Hi Euripidi,

Vijay2001, what was the name of your interview officer? can you tell us more about the exact details about how (what you were asked and what you replied) you ended up getting the N14? Was your interview in SF? my interview is 5.21

All the best for your INFOPASS appointment. Let us know if that hepled, if I do not get my Oath by end of this month, even I will do the INFOPASS drill.

I will definitely post my experience after I return back from my INFOPASS appointment. I am tired of opening my mailbox and finding nothing there, after i attend my infopass and nothing is resolved ill keep harrasing them every month via Infopass until August when I can sue them. That will force them to make a decision and quickly. The abuse from the USCIS with all the fees that we pay is rediculous. 99% of people that apply for citizenship are good honest and God fearing people we deserve some respect. No matter what we do or say nothing happens its like you talk to a wall.
Anyways I am just frustrated. Ill keep you guys updated on what happens.
Thanks
TTYL

at last the wait is over

I had my interview today (05/02/2007). I passed both the CIVIC and the English test, but I mentioned about my traffic ticket I got last year...Mr honest man... :) I had missed out in the application form. I forgot to get the receipt I paid to DMV. I thought it was not a big deal but the INS officer gave me a N-14 for obtaining my driving record from DMV.:rolleyes:

I sent the driving record from DMV by Express mail today itself. My wife got thru her interview, today, and her Oath is scheduled June 5th. Anyone of you in my boat? Any timeline when I would get my Oath notice?

at last the wait is over.....My case got approved:). Oath notice on the way. I had called-up the INS customer service number (1-800-375-5283) and they informed me the good news. I called-up twice to re-confirm and both the time they said it is approved.
My Oath is scheduled for the 5th June, same as my wife, so we can both go together. This is great news, we are going to celebrate;).
The whole N-400 process took less then 4 months, San Francisco rocks, they are fast. So people in queue, do not stress out, hold on for sometime, yours will be on the way pretty soon.

Thanks everyone for all the inputs.

at last the wait is over.....My case got approved:). Oath notice on the way. I had called-up the INS customer service number (1-800-375-5283) and they informed me the good news. I called-up twice to re-confirm and both the time they said it is approved.
My Oath is scheduled for the 5th June, same as my wife, so we can both go together. This is great news, we are going to celebrate;).
The whole N-400 process took less then 4 months, San Francisco rocks, they are fast. So people in queue, do not stress out, hold on for sometime, yours will be on the way pretty soon.

Congratulations on your approval.

What did you ask the operator after you got someone live on the phone?? I have tried to talk to them but they keep telling me i have to wait 90 days. They will not even transfer me to an officer which i know they can do. Please let me know at your earliest convinience.

Congratulations on your approval.

What did you ask the operator after you got someone live on the phone?? I have tried to talk to them but they keep telling me i have to wait 90 days. They will not even transfer me to an officer which i know they can do. Please let me know at your earliest convinience.

Simply tell them that you are calling to check the status of your case. If you are done with the interview, your case will not show-up for the first level of customer service, they will then transfer to the 2nd level, which I guess are INS officers. They can see your case. If your case is pending they will tell the same crap, wait for 30 days and then get the INFOPASS, but if your case is approved, they will tell it is approved and your OATH date. I hope this helps

Simply tell them that you are calling to check the status of your case. If you are done with the interview, your case will not show-up for the first level of customer service, they will then transfer to the 2nd level, which I guess are INS officers. They can see your case. If your case is pending they will tell the same crap, wait for 30 days and then get the INFOPASS, but if your case is approved, they will tell it is approved and your OATH date. I hope this helps

Thank you for replying back. I have tried to do that 2 times already they will not transfer me to the USCIS officer that can physically look at my case live on line. I think and this is just a guess ( i have called from the same number both times and they might have a caller ID that recognizes numbers and if they see you have been transfered before they will not bother to do it again) I will try a different number tomorrow and will see what happens Friday.

Thanks again for your reply.

Oath

Hi,

Do they issue oath notice by mail or do they give it in person at the time of the interview? Can you request for an oath date soon after the interview? Has anyone done it? If so, what was the experience like?

thanks!

Got my Oath Letter today in the mail.

Vijay my friend i also received my oath letter today in the mail.

Got my Oath Letter today in the mail.

I can not believe it it is finally over. I was so busy today at work and i did not even think about it at all. As i am opening my mailbox i was thinking it will not be there since I called USCIS and spoke with a officer and on his screen it said that the file was still under review. Of course my hopes of an Oath letter being there were very slim. To my astonishment the letter was there i could not believe my eyes. I dont want to be melodramatic here but tears came to my eyes, i have dreamed of that moment for a very long time.
Thank you all for your comments in these forums they have been able to give me some directions in my dealings with Immigration. Vijay thank you for your kind support I will see you at the Oath ceremony on the 5th of June.
Patience pays off even though it might seem like an eternity when you deal with the USCIS
Regards
Euripidi

I am on my way to celebrate with my wife.

Vishnu, I have a quick question regarding SF Oath rescheduling; when you had the interview did the IO give you the option there and then to pick a date or was it something you asked for? I have my interview on June 7th and fingers crossed I would expect to have a date for the actual oath sometime in July (there are 2 dates that month) I expect to be on travel for most of that month and therefore would like to request a date in early August. Do you think this is possible based on your interview experiance?

Regards,

Simon

Tax transcripts

Has any of you been asked for stamped or sealed tax transcripts? Or did the IO just accept the unsealed tax transcripts sent by IRS/State gov?

thanks!