N-400 San Francisco timeline

dcu,

Congratulations!

I will have my interview soon on 6/06. And I have some questions about interview at SF DO.

1- How did your interviewer test your Civics Test? Orally? Written? For instance,
Did your interviewer give you a list(printout) of Civics Questions and ask you to read the questions and then answer them? Or something different ways of test?

2- Can we answer the questions in Short Answers? For instance,
Ask: "What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?"
Can we just answer "Freed the slaves." instead of saying the whole sentence again, like "The Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves" ?

3- Were your interviewer polite or picky to you during your interview?

4- Since my Priority Date is 11.01.06, Will it be possible for me to have an Oath in next oath ceremony(the closest one after my interview)? Or I still have to wait for a month?

Thank you for sharing your experience!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO: SFO
N-400 mailed to CSC: 10.30.06
N-400 received at CSC: 11.01.06(priority)
$400 Check cashed: 11.08.06
N-400 NOA issued: 11.09.06
N-400 NOA received: 11.15.06
NOA FP issued: 11.13.06
NOA FP received:11.16.06
FP appointment: 11.18.06 ( taken electronically in 20 min.)
Cleared FP Sent Back From FBI to USCIS: 11.19.06 (Called FBI to check)
Case status disappears: N/A
Interview ND: 5.01.07
Interview Letter received: 5.03.07
Interview: 6.06.07 ( 2:35 pm)
Oath:

Finished my OATH yesterday. :)

Thanks for this Forum members and Rajeev Khanna.

My dates....
DO::SFO/Oakland
N400 Sent: 2/7
Notice: 2/15
FP Notice Received:2/23
FP Date:3/13
FP done on 2/28 - Walk-in

Interview Notice Received: 3/12
Interview Date: 4/25 - SFO
Oath Date: 5/22 - SFO
PP applied: 5/22
PP Arrived: ????

dcu, could you please also tell us your GC timeline if it was in CA or other state based?

Thanks in advance!

here is interview exp...

1- How did your interviewer test your Civics Test? Orally? Written? For instance,
Did your interviewer give you a list(printout) of Civics Questions and ask you to read the questions and then answer them? Or something different ways of test?
Interview was oral.

Can we just answer "Freed the slaves." instead of saying the whole sentence again, like "The Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves" ?
I answered shortly

Interviewer was chinese guy and very polite

4- Since my Priority Date is 11.01.06, Will it be possible for me to have an Oath in next oath ceremony(the closest one after my interview)? Or I still have to wait for a month?

As you noticed my Oath and Interview dates, there was 1 month gap. However, you waited long...so you deserve to get it before. Good luck.

How to contact the interviewed officer?

Please help if anyone knows the answer. My inteview was completed on March 15th at SF DO and after the interview requested the officer with a written note to schedule the oath after June 15th because of exams at a school outside the country. He accepted and took the note. So far I didn't receive the oath letter for June 19th oath ceremony. How to contact the officer who interviewed me? I just have his first name on the letter given to me as I passed the interview.

dudo,

My timelines are alomst exactly the same as your and I have my interview the day after yours as well. The next oath post our interview date is June 19th 8:30am (they are always held at the Nob Hill Masonic Center) I would really like to get that one if possible, assume you will as well. Please let me know via the forum how the interview goes (good luck btw) and hopefully you will get a quick oath date as we have been waiting for a while it seems compared to many on the forum.

Simon

dudo,

My timelines are alomst exactly the same as your and I have my interview the day after yours as well. The next oath post our interview date is June 19th 8:30am (they are always held at the Nob Hill Masonic Center) I would really like to get that one if possible, assume you will as well. Please let me know via the forum how the interview goes (good luck btw) and hopefully you will get a quick oath date as we have been waiting for a while it seems compared to many on the forum.

Simon

Hi Arion007,

Could you also please share with us if your GC issued here in CA or other state and was it marriage based or employement based.

Thanks in advance!

Arion007,

I will post how my interview goes after I'm done.
Hope we both pass and have oath on the same closest date(6.19.07)
Good luck to you too!

Timeline in San Francisco

GC- employment based in San Francisco
N400 applied- 1/26/07 in SF
FP notice 2/4
FP done 2/22
Interview notice 3/1
Interview 4/9 passed
Oath letter 5/19
oath 6/5 in SF

I will bw applying for an expedited passport and wanted to know if anyone had any experience in SF to get one through any agency like http://www.ambassadorpassportandvisa.com/ or any others which give a passport within 10 days as i need to travel abroad in 3rd week of june and am confident that the normal expedited passport from the application center will not get it to me in time.
Any comments welcome

Hi,

I have received my I-797C today which is 05/21/2007.

My details are:

N400 Mailed to CSC: 04/27/2007
Received Date: 04/30/2007
Checks Cashed: 05/10/2007
Priority Date: 04/30/2007
Notice Date: 05/17/2007
I-797C Received: 05/21/2007

New info:

N400 Mailed to CSC: 04/27/2007
Received Date: 04/30/2007
Checks Cashed: 05/10/2007
Priority Date: 04/30/2007
Notice Date: 05/17/2007
I-797C Received: 05/21/2007
Finger Print Notice Date: 05/21/2007
Finger Print Notice Received: 05/24/2007
Finger Print Scheduled Date: 06/19/2007

Amver,

Congratulations! What questions were you asked? Anything that wasn't in the N-400? I hope my interview will be as straightforward as yours was. :)

he had a list (printout) of civic questions and he started asking me in serial order. He also went through the entire n400 form and asked me to answer yes/no (including stuff like - do you still live at..). He then asked me about arrest/citation etc - I said yes ... 2 I think; I have the dmv record with me and handed it to him. He asked me which city- and I didn't remember the city for the second ticket (somewhere in MD).

replies inline in bold

Amver,

Congratulations!

I will have my interview soon on 6/06. And I have some questions about interview at SF DO.

He had a printout of questions (one page) - he asked me orally

Short works - he asked me 'how many stars; I said 50. I didn't say the United states flag has 50 stars. I guess you could, but no requirement.

He was ok - wasn't extremely rude... but being Monday, he wasn't in a good mood. HE tried to be poite though - I it was showing that he was 'trying'. He b1tched about it being a Monday etc.. and I asked him if he went to Bay to Breakers the previous day - he chose to ignore it; almost like, don't push it buddy

There was an oath the next day after my interview; I was thinking that I would request the IO to give me that; but seeing their attitude I didn't feel right to pleading just for a small favor; you will get the Oath eventually.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO: SFO
N-400 mailed to CSC: 10.30.06
N-400 received at CSC: 11.01.06(priority)
$400 Check cashed: 11.08.06
N-400 NOA issued: 11.09.06
N-400 NOA received: 11.15.06
NOA FP issued: 11.13.06
NOA FP received:11.16.06
FP appointment: 11.18.06 ( taken electronically in 20 min.)
Cleared FP Sent Back From FBI to USCIS: 11.19.06 (Called FBI to check)
Case status disappears: N/A
Interview ND: 5.01.07
Interview Letter received: 5.03.07
Interview: 6.06.07 ( 2:35 pm)
Oath:

IO and staff worked with me for the Oath date

Vishnu, I have a quick question regarding SF Oath rescheduling; when you had the interview did the IO give you the option there and then to pick a date or was it something you asked for? I have my interview on June 7th and fingers crossed I would expect to have a date for the actual oath sometime in July (there are 2 dates that month) I expect to be on travel for most of that month and therefore would like to request a date in early August. Do you think this is possible based on your interview experiance?

Regards,

Simon

Dear Simon,
Please accept my apologies for not being able to reply to you earlier. I was away.
To answer your question: YES. IO and his scheduling staff worked with me to give me suitable dates. If I would accept immediate available date, I would carry the Oath letter in my hand then and there. Since I opted for one in he future, they noted down my choice and I received it in the mail. I do not know if you can legally hold them to give you preferred date out of availabvle dates but a polite request can go a long way. :)

Regards
Vishnu

New info:

-----------------------------
N400
Priority Date : 04/26/2007
Notice Date : 05/16/2007
FP Notice Date : 05/21/2007
FP Sched Date : 06/15/2007