N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

Like CTN400, I too had my oath at 10:30 in New Haven Court House...Quite similar to what CTN400 described...49 new citizens...took 1 1/2 hours overall. Most had a photo session while the natz cert was being distributed by the judge. SSN office was right behind, so we (myself and my wife) went there and had our status changed from resident alien to citizen. she printed out a form to be signed and we'll have new SSN cards mailed to us. Don't know why new cards are reqd, since nowhere on the card it says i'm an resident alien or a citizen, and name or number hasn't changed. I thought info is only updated and no change in card is reqd...anyways...we went to hamden town hall and registered ourselves as unaffiliated voters, since we were told natz original may be required to be shown (they just checked our dr. lic). Finally we drove to the post office and they made a copy for us of the natz cert, and we submitted the online PP form we had printed with the bar code, and that's it...end of journey.:) Good luck to all who are in line..you'd get there too...

Thanks AGCSEEKER for SS Card info. It helped me. I went to the SS Office and was told that update the status to U.S Citizen is mandatory in the SS Card. IRS and USCIS can contact each other to verify the same. Make sure you bring your ORIGINAL Naturalization Certificate and Driver's License to SS Office.

Good luck to all for waiting Citizenship !

Heard that passports are being issued very fast. my friend applied forone on dec 21 and got it on dec 28, regular application not expedited.

Heard that passports are being issued very fast. my friend applied forone on dec 21 and got it on dec 28, regular application not expedited.

Thanks DNIVRAB for the update. But I am not that lucky, applied it on Dec 21, regular application, not yet received :(

Wish you all a happy and prosperous 2008 !!!

PD in April

Folks, they published the new processing dates for the month of December 2007. It moved by another month. The new processing date for N400 is Jan 30, 2007. Hopefully folks with April PD will receive their ILs during the 3rd week of Jan 2008 (Jan 24-25)
CTN400Applicant is the only person from this thread who had a April PD date.
goosia and SD63 are next in line - whose PDs are in May. Good luck to you all.

Yes. I am next in line (hopefully). My PD is on 25th of APR.

Hi Guys,
l am putting Interview Expirence here. My wife had interview at 8:30 am today. We reached there at 7:45 am. I strongly advice to be there at least 45 minutes earlier. Today there was a case when one lady stuck in traffic she came 15 minutes late, Guess what They didnt took her interview!!.
Interview went fine Officer ask 6 questions.
(1) How many states are there in the union?
(2) who elects president?
(3)Name one right of being Citizen of US.
(4)Why we celebrates 4th july? .......

He ask to read one sentence and write one.
He then ask about driving record and text-reurns.

Whole process took 20 minutes.
He was giving oath on 1st feb but she ask if earliest available,He gave us on 11th JAN (he ask why you want early SO be prepare to give solid reason)New Haven.

Hi Guys,
l am putting Interview Expirence here. My wife had interview at 8:30 am today. We reached there at 7:45 am. I strongly advice to be there at least 45 minutes earlier. Today there was a case when one lady stuck in traffic she came 15 minutes late, Guess what They didnt took her interview!!.
Interview went fine Officer ask 6 questions.
(1) How many states are there in the union?
(2) who elects president?
(3)Name one right of being Citizen of US.
(4)Why we celebrates 4th july? .......

He ask to read one sentence and write one.
He then ask about driving record and text-reurns.

Whole process took 20 minutes.
He was giving oath on 1st feb but she ask if earliest available,He gave us on 11th JAN (he ask why you want early SO be prepare to give solid reason)New Haven.

Why did the interviewer asked for the driving record, did you mention any traffic violations in the form?

Thanks Rembi.
Dnivrab : No i didnt mention any violations.He ask did you ever arrested while driving or any kind of driving violations i said no and asked him if he want to see records...

Hi guys
aGCSeekar or someone who had oath at NEWHAVEN District Court Can you tell how is parking there?

My interview is on Jan 10th. Keeping my fingers crossed. I am planning to take only the documents they have asked for in the IL:D.

Hi guys
aGCSeekar or someone who had oath at NEWHAVEN District Court Can you tell how is parking there?

I don't remember the exact parking garage... it was in the federal bldg next to the court though...and fairly expensive (i had to shell out about $11 i think for about 3 hours of parking :eek:)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...24,-72.924049&spn=0.007157,0.014591&z=16&om=1
:Here's a link to parking spots in and around...if you're lucky you can get street parking...you can try temple street garage if you don't mind walking a few blocks...i dont' think its as expensive as the one in federal bldg...

I also have an update on my PP...the online status check shows its been processed and put in mail y'day from norwalk, ct...i should be seeing it today i think...next step OCI for my family...

I don't remember the exact parking garage... it was in the federal bldg next to the court though...and fairly expensive (i had to shell out about $11 i think for about 3 hours of parking :eek:)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...24,-72.924049&spn=0.007157,0.014591&z=16&om=1
:Here's a link to parking spots in and around...if you're lucky you can get street parking...you can try temple street garage if you don't mind walking a few blocks...i dont' think its as expensive as the one in federal bldg...

I also have an update on my PP...the online status check shows its been processed and put in mail y'day from norwalk, ct...i should be seeing it today i think...next step OCI for my family...

Good luck AGCSEEKER ! I received the U.S passport today. I am also applying for OCI with you :)

Good luck DNIVRAB for your upcoming interview ! You are supposed to bring ONLY the documents that the officer asks, Cheers !!!

bumping..

Also we have another user - dineshgk (started a new thread)... once he has his PD - we can update the spreadsheet and post it.

dineshgk, please provide your PD once you have the NOA. Thx