N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

Got My Wife's DO Letter for OD

FYI I received today OD letter for 9/21 (NH)

They are asking to bring Reentry Permit or rufugee document?

Regards,
Asid

FYI I received today OD letter for 9/21 (NH)

They are asking to bring Reentry Permit or rufugee document?

Regards,
Asid

That's nice ASID ! If you don't have those docs, don't worry. I read somewhere those are standard wordings.

Palluji1, what's happening ? I haven't received IL as of yersterday.

That's nice ASID ! If you don't have those docs, don't worry. I read somewhere those are standard wordings.

Palluji1, what's happening ? I haven't received IL as of yersterday.

CTN400, no IL in today's mail either. :(

Not sure what's going on...

No IL for me, Palluji1

CTN400, no IL in today's mail either. :(

Not sure what's going on...

Palluji1, no IL today for me too. I got a letter from my congressman saying his office is contacting USCIS for my case and will let me know soon, in response to my letter mailed to him last week. At least, he was courteous ! I just wanted to know what is the exact situation.

Interview Letter Received Today

Here are the details.

PD 1/5/07
FP 1/30/07
File disappeared a couple of days ago on USCIS website.
IL out on 8/21/07; received today; scheduled for 10/29/07

Good Luck, everyone. You turn will come. Be patient.

I just got my 1-797c. Timeline as follows:

Mailed: 7/14
RD: 7/16
PD:7/16
ND: 8/21

Check cashed on 7/20. According to the notice, I will be informed of the interview date within 212 days...

Updated Timeline - Received I-1797C

Check cashed on 7/20. According to the notice, I will be informed of the interview date within 212 days...

Interview letters received

I am happy to announce that my wife and I both received our interview letters in the mail today.

Interview date for both: October 2, 2007

One question: the interview notice says "Request for applicant to appear for Naturalization Initial Interview"

Does anyone know what it means by "Initial" or is this standard?

Good luck to CTN400 and DUCKSOFT. Please post as soon as you receive your ILs.

"Initial Interview" is standard wording

One question: the interview notice says "Request for applicant to appear for Naturalization Initial Interview"

It is standard. For most cases one single interview is sufficient but in rare cases the USCIS needs a second interview to clarify some points in the application (and to update the information entered on the N-400 form).
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Appointment :) (Notice date July 13)

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat News !!!

I am happy to announce that my wife and I both received our interview letters in the mail today.

Interview date for both: October 2, 2007

Good luck to CTN400 and DUCKSOFT. Please post as soon as you receive your ILs.

Palluji1, Congraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats !!!

This is great news for me. After a looooong wait, you and your wife made it. So happy for you. Wish you all the best ! Keep us posted after interview too. Please don't worry about "Initial" interview.

I haven't received IL today too. Pray for me. I have updated the spreadsheet with all new information.

Good luck ARJGUPTA for your FP notice. It'll arrive soon.

Congrats USCIT !!!

Here are the details.

PD 1/5/07
FP 1/30/07
File disappeared a couple of days ago on USCIS website.
IL out on 8/21/07; received today; scheduled for 10/29/07

Good Luck, everyone. You turn will come. Be patient.

Congratulations USCIT !!! Your timeline was like DUCKSOFT, so I replaced his/her name with yours in the spreadsheet since there was no response from DUCKSOFT. My hearty congratulations and you are the first to receive IL, who has a PD in 2007.

All the best again for interview and please post interview experience here.

Palluji1, do you think now, IL is processed batch by batch ???

Congratulations USCIT !!! Your timeline was like DUCKSOFT, so I replaced his/her name with yours in the spreadsheet since there was no response from DUCKSOFT. My hearty congratulations and you are the first to receive IL, who has a PD in 2007.

All the best again for interview and please post interview experience here.

Palluji1, do you think now, IL is processed batch by batch ???

Congrats USCIT!!

Yes, it definitely looks like ILs are processed batch by batch... you were absolutely right.

Congrats USCIT!!

Yes, it definitely looks like ILs are processed batch by batch... you were absolutely right.

Palluji1, Good luck to you and your wife for interview ! I'll update you as soon as I receive it. If it doesn't come in the next couple of days, I'll have to wait for the next bach in the middle of Sep. However, I will not lose time for the interview.

If you have noticed, N400BC and you had only 6 days diff. in PD. He/she got IL last month and you got this month. But, the ID for both of you are almost same and only 5 days diff. Actually, you gained one day in interview date compared to N400BC. Cheers !!!

Palluji1, Good luck to you and your wife for interview ! I'll update you as soon as I receive it. If it doesn't come in the next couple of days, I'll have to wait for the next bach in the middle of Sep. However, I will not lose time for the interview.

If you have noticed, N400BC and you had only 6 days diff. in PD. He/she got IL last month and you got this month. But, the ID for both of you are almost same and only 5 days diff. Actually, you gained one day in interview date compared to N400BC. Cheers !!!

hmm... interesting observation.

Good luck CTN400!! I hope you get your IL early this week.

One request to everyone, as you go through your interview process, please do post your experiences here so that everyone can benefit from it.

Thanks!

Important Question above foreign travel

I recently posted a question about a trip to Canada last week.

I travelled to Canada as part of my work and was there for one night (2 day trip). We travelled on the corporate jet and departure/arrival were at a private hargar (not a public terminal).

When we landed back in the US, the customs/immigration office came to our plane to check the passports/GCs and to collect customs forms. He, however, did not stamp our passports or anything. That was it. We didn't go thru a formal customs/immigration check.

I have a letter from my employer clearly stating that was REQUIRED to travel to Canada for the 2 days as part of my work. Also, I have a copy of the itinerary and flight schedule etc.

Is this enough?

I recently posted a question about a trip to Canada last week.

I travelled to Canada as part of my work and was there for one night (2 day trip). We travelled on the corporate jet and departure/arrival were at a private hargar (not a public terminal).

When we landed back in the US, the customs/immigration office came to our plane to check the passports/GCs and to collect customs forms. He, however, did not stamp our passports or anything. That was it. We didn't go thru a formal customs/immigration check.

I have a letter from my employer clearly stating that was REQUIRED to travel to Canada for the 2 days as part of my work. Also, I have a copy of the itinerary and flight schedule etc.

Is this enough?

Palluji1, Did they swipe your GC for the records on their system ???

When I travelled by road, they haven't looked into my passport, but they swiped the GC on their system.

But, you need all those supporting docs, and should update N-400 form at the time of interview. Whether or not, they swiped the GC, you need to declare it.

Palluji1, Did they swipe your GC for the records on their system ???

When I travelled by road, they haven't looked into my passport, but they swiped the GC on their system.

But, you need all those supporting docs, and should update N-400 form at the time of interview. Whether or not, they swiped the GC, you need to declare it.

No, didn't swipe the GC either. The officer did absolutely nothing besides looking at my docs while we were still on the phone.

I am planning to declare it and I can also take other proof of my travel (hotel bill etc.)

No, didn't swipe the GC either. The officer did absolutely nothing besides looking at my docs while we were still on the phone.

I am planning to declare it and I can also take other proof of my travel (hotel bill etc.)

Palluji1, I read in other forums, whatever changes happened in N-400 after the submission, have to be amended at interview time. So you have to declare it.

If my interview/oath doesn't complete before first week of December, I am planning to go to India for my marriage for 3-4 weeks. I confirmed with other guys if this could be an issue, but I was told it is ok, I need to to update N-400 (if travel is before interview) or at oath time (if travel is between interview and oath) with this details. Hope this helps out.