N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

Hi guys Any updates, Same old from myside, Probably next week wait for postman!!!!

One of my friend initially schedued for an interview on Nov1 had interview today advanced due to some construction in the building, oath date is Nov 30

One of my friend initially schedued for an interview on Nov1 had interview today advanced due to some construction in the building, oath date is Nov 30

Thanks DBIVRAB ! This is VERY VERY useful information to me. So, basically your friend's interview had been scheduled on 11/01/2007 and his/her oath is now on 11/30/2007.

This translates to my oath date may be sometimes during first week of December since my interview is on 11/08/2007. That's what I really wanted, because I am taking a trip after naturalization interview and will be back during first week of December. This is an un-avoidable trip. So, I should be safe for my travel outside the U.S, based on your friend's timeline.

THANK YOU SO MUCH DNIVRAB for this great news shared with me !!! Can you please get more details from your friend like - how was the interview, which all dates USCIS provided him/her for oath ceremony etc.

Here is the updated spreadsheet for you and good luck to all of you !

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to tell the IO at the interview about your upcoming un-avoidable trip, since there is a possibility that the IO otherwise may schedule your oath to take place on 11/30/2007 as well...

You may want to tell the IO at the interview about your upcoming un-avoidable trip, since there is a possibility that the IO otherwise may schedule your oath to take place on 11/30/2007 as well...

Thanks McMahon. What I initially thought was - let them give the oath dates and I would pick the farthest one from the interview date, so that my return trip can be slightly adjusted to attend the oath.

What do you think, if I ask them a date during first week of Dec, if they provide on 11/30/2007. Will it be safe or will it delay my oath ceremony ? I don't want to delay my oath ceremony for couple of months due to my specific date request. Please throw some light on this. Thanks in advance !

I am getting worried that my interview will be scheduled while I am travelling. Can't avoid the travel, dad's surgery and a pretty serious one at that.

I am getting worried that my interview will be scheduled while I am travelling. Can't avoid the travel, dad's surgery and a pretty serious one at that.

SBA, based on the stats, your interview can happen during 1st or 2nd week of December. If you think, you want to travel during that time, please let the USCIS know to postpone your interview. This can be done when you get the IL in this batch, before 10/20/2007. There are instructions on IL, how to do it.

If you postpone your interview, it might take "many months" to get the next one, so it is highly recommeded NOT to do it. Good luck !

Oath experience

Just wanted to post my spouse and my oath experience today at New Haven (district court).

We arrived at 10:15 (15 minutes before schedule start) at the court house. Parking was a nuisance because the metered parking in front of the court house has a one-hour limit. So we had to find the closest paid private parking lot and then walk to the court house.

Anyway, when we reached there, there were about 35 other people taking an oath with us. There was a very polite USCIS officer there who called us one at time (reading our names off the natz certificates) and took from us the oath letter and GC. Once submitted, we were asked to sit and wait for the judge to arrive.

The judge arrived around 11:30 or so. We all stood and took the oath. After the oath, the judge gave a speech and then we were handed out natz certs one by one by the judge.

Two folks didn't show up. Also, the USCIS office didn't have natz certs for two people who were supposed to take the oath today. Not sure what happened to them after, but the USCIS office did speak to them individually.

That was it. After my wife and I received our certs, we went to the nearest Kinkos and made several copies of the certs. Then we went to the post office and applied for my wife's passport.

I will be applying for my own passport at the Norwalk Passport Agency (took an appointment already) since I need to travel to Canada the following week (have a letter and confirmed itinerary from my employer).

I will post updates on my wife and my PP application as and when I have them.

BTW... my wife and my case on the USCIS website still says "case received and pending". :)

Best of luck to all waiting!! God bless.

Just wanted to post my spouse and my oath experience today at New Haven (district court).

We arrived at 10:15 (15 minutes before schedule start) at the court house. Parking was a nuisance because the metered parking in front of the court house has a one-hour limit. So we had to find the closest paid private parking lot and then walk to the court house.

Anyway, when we reached there, there were about 35 other people taking an oath with us. There was a very polite USCIS officer there who called us one at time (reading our names off the natz certificates) and took from us the oath letter and GC. Once submitted, we were asked to sit and wait for the judge to arrive.

The judge arrived around 11:30 or so. We all stood and took the oath. After the oath, the judge gave a speech and then we were handed out natz certs one by one by the judge.

Two folks didn't show up. Also, the USCIS office didn't have natz certs for two people who were supposed to take the oath today. Not sure what happened to them after, but the USCIS office did speak to them individually.

That was it. After my wife and I received our certs, we went to the nearest Kinkos and made several copies of the certs. Then we went to the post office and applied for my wife's passport.

I will be applying for my own passport at the Norwalk Passport Agency (took an appointment already) since I need to travel to Canada the following week (have a letter and confirmed itinerary from my employer).

I will post updates on my wife and my PP application as and when I have them.

BTW... my wife and my case on the USCIS website still says "case received and pending". :)

Best of luck to all waiting!! God bless.

Congrats Palluji1 ! So your immigration journey is finally over ! The next set of people including me will be inspired by your experience. Good writing and all the best !

Our Oath ceremony
Our appointment, my wife and mine, was scheduled at 12:45 on October 5th in Hartford. We arrived at 12:15, but we had to wait outside until the previous group gets out. There was another oath ceremony just before ours. We then entered in the court, and at 12:50, we were called one by one. The USCIS officer compared the Certificate that he brought with him, with our Green Card, and kept the Green Card. One individual got married between the interview and the oath ceremony. The USCIS was not sure how to handle that. At the end, we saw him make a phone call and the newly wed guy was called back and he was allowed to proceed. Once everyone had been called, the judge arrived and made a short speech. The court clerk read the oath and we all together confirmed our acceptance. We then did the pledge to the flag.
We were then called again one by one and the judge gave us our Naturalization Certificate. He insisted a few times on the fact that we were allowed to take pictures and to not hesitate to take the time to pose.
The whole ceremony, for around 100 people, took around 1 hour and 40 minutes. We are now US Citizens. :)
We then went to the Hartford Library, in the next building, to take pictures and complete the passport forms. The Library holds special events for the people coming from the oath ceremonies. There were 2 persons authorized to accept passport forms. We decided to pay the supplement to have the passports in 3 weeks instead of 5 to 6 weeks. The library took care of everything. I’ll let you know when we receive our passports.

Our Oath ceremony
Our appointment, my wife and mine, was scheduled at 12:45 on October 5th in Hartford. We arrived at 12:15, but we had to wait outside until the previous group gets out. There was another oath ceremony just before ours. We then entered in the court, and at 12:50, we were called one by one. The USCIS officer compared the Certificate that he brought with him, with our Green Card, and kept the Green Card. One individual got married between the interview and the oath ceremony. The USCIS was not sure how to handle that. At the end, we saw him make a phone call and the newly wed guy was called back and he was allowed to proceed. Once everyone had been called, the judge arrived and made a short speech. The court clerk read the oath and we all together confirmed our acceptance. We then did the pledge to the flag.
We were then called again one by one and the judge gave us our Naturalization Certificate. He insisted a few times on the fact that we were allowed to take pictures and to not hesitate to take the time to pose.
The whole ceremony, for around 100 people, took around 1 hour and 40 minutes. We are now US Citizens. :)
We then went to the Hartford Library, in the next building, to take pictures and complete the passport forms. The Library holds special events for the people coming from the oath ceremonies. There were 2 persons authorized to accept passport forms. We decided to pay the supplement to have the passports in 3 weeks instead of 5 to 6 weeks. The library took care of everything. I’ll let you know when we receive our passports.

Congratulations N400BC for becoming U.S citizen !!! Good to know that the ceremony went very well as you expected.

One question - do you know more about the guy who got married between interview and oath ? I mean, did he/she face any issues ? Did he/she get the naturalization certificate right away as you folks did. My situation would be same like that guy since I am leaving the U.S right after my interview to get married and will come back to attend the oath. If you have more information about that guy, please post here.

To process my fiancee's K-3 visa immediately, I need naturalization certificate right away on the oath date.

Guys - MEATIZITI, SBA, JK2007 and DNIVRAB, you will be getting ILs before next Saturday in this batch. MEEK1234, good luck to you too !

Thanks
CTN400

SBA, based on the stats, your interview can happen during 1st or 2nd week of December. If you think, you want to travel during that time, please let the USCIS know to postpone your interview. This can be done when you get the IL in this batch, before 10/20/2007. There are instructions on IL, how to do it.

If you postpone your interview, it might take "many months" to get the next one, so it is highly recommeded NOT to do it. Good luck !

Thanks CTN400. I know it is not recommended, but what has to be done, has to be done! I have waited this long, I suppose I could wait a bit longer. Depends on when during Dec. the interview is. I fly out on 11th evening, so I suppose I could even make an 11th morning interview.

Updated with my details on Hartford Tracker

Dear All,

I am uploading the tracker sheet with my details:

PD 07/10/2007
FP 08/16/2007
awaiting other dates ;)

Hartford DO is just terrible... they can't even get the processing dates right. So we're back to November even though last month they sent out letters to the January people. Sweet.

Hartford DO is just terrible... they can't even get the processing dates right. So we're back to November even though last month they sent out letters to the January people. Sweet.

Not only Hartford. All DOs now say processing is 7 months, though some are fast and some are slow as usual. Hartford is one of the slowest. Good luck !

Now it is difficult from USCIS website to derive the right processing date. Conclusion can be made from this site based on others' postings.

Hartford DO updated the processing date to 11/19/2006 from 7 months. Most of the other DOs still show 7 months. This is not a reliable information. So guys, whoever have PD in Feb 2007 should get IL by the end of this week. Please post your details here. I'll see some happy faces here soon !

Passport

Just wanted to send out a quick update about my passport.

I had applied for my passport yesterday at the Norwalk Passport Agency yesterday (9am) by appointment. I received my passport today by express mail around noon.