N-400 from Service Center to Lockbox - NEW USCIS PROCESS

Thanks so much y'all for your support

Its tough but you will get through this. If you are in IT there still are a lot of jobs. But you have to work hard and sharpen your skills and knowledge. Use this time to learn new stuff.

I have been there. Don't waste this time.

nino77, very sorry to hear that, if that's any help - keep your receipts from job search expenses - apparently there's possibility to deduct them from taxes (if they exceed 2% of gross income and other rules, ask accountants)

btw, i know entry level position open in West Hollywood, i will post it in LA thread.

FP walk-in question

HI,

I am new to the forum. My timeline is similar to Punjabi1. I see lot of folks going for early FP via walk-in. I have a couple of questions:

1. Do all ASC's allow walk-ins - Wed. and Sat. afternoons? My D/O is San Antonio and I cannot seem to be able to find any info on whether it allows walk-ins. I can't seem to locate any phone #s to be able to call them and obtain the information. A hit or miss situation may not work well for me as I live hours away.

2. Most people on the thread have tried doing walk-ins. Any particular reason - does it really expedite processing substantially?

San Antonio D/O
01/22/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Lewsville Lockbox
01/23/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
01/29/09 :Check Cashed
01/23/09 :priority Date
01/28/09 :Notice Date.
01/31/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)

02/09/09 :FP Notice Received
02/20/09 :FP Appointment

SATX - yes, San Antonio allows walk in FPs. I had my appointment on Feb 10th, but went in earlier, on Feb 7th, a Saturday, since I had work related stuff going on, on the 10th. Just take your GC, your DL and your appointment letter and hand it over to the person at the table, don't say anything about the actual appointment time - he will ask you to fill out the worksheet, check your GC etc and give you a token number. You should not have any problems - good luck!

Most people go for walk-ins only as a matter of convenience, on weekends or on a day when they don't have any urgent matters to attend to...doesn't speed up any processing...

Thanks much UscIn2009. This helps a lot. My reason to go Sat. is convenience as well, esp. considering the other steps (interview, oath) will require a weekday trip (hence day off from work).

Would you suggest going morning/afternoon/late afternoon to minmize chances of any issues in getting the FP done earlier?

Thanks!

Glad to provide this info. I went at around 11:00am, there were about 5-6 applicants ahead of me, but it started to get crowded after 11:30am. I would recommend going in early Saturday, 9:00am-10:00am. You will be in and out quickly.

Spoke to a 2nd Level IO this afternoon - I was driving home and got stuck in traffic so I decided to call and check on my case since I was bored :D -
The IO told me they placed me in the Q for an interview this morning 2/13 which is 30 days from my FP notice date.

Like many of you read on my postings - my name check was pending for almost 2 years when I got my GC so I asked him - does that mean my name check was cleared. he said I can't answer that question but we need to get background checks done before we place people for an interview. I was like HECK YEAH.

Now its all up to Memphis to request my file - I wish I could bug them some how but I can't so I will be calling the 1800# again next Friday :D

Nino:: Is your Online status change from Case Received and Pending to Queue for Interview??

Spoke to a 2nd Level IO this afternoon - I was driving home and got stuck in traffic so I decided to call and check on my case since I was bored :D -
The IO told me they placed me in the Q for an interview this morning 2/13 which is 30 days from my FP notice date.

Like many of you read on my postings - my name check was pending for almost 2 years when I got my GC so I asked him - does that mean my name check was cleared. he said I can't answer that question but we need to get background checks done before we place people for an interview. I was like HECK YEAH.

Now its all up to Memphis to request my file - I wish I could bug them some how but I can't so I will be calling the 1800# again next Friday :D

No - my online status is still the same. Current Status: Case received and pending.

I would assume the status gets changed once your file gets transfer to your DO. I was placed in the queue for an interview, they have to wait for my DO to request my file - thats why its based on your DO how fast you will get an interview letter.

The way I understand it is once your background for FP & name check are cleared they notify your DO and wait - once your DO request your file, they send your file to your DO and send you an interview letter. I will keep checking my online status as well as I am planning to call them next Friday - 1 week from when they placed me in Q for interview and will update you guys.

In the meantime - if you read about the name check documents online, they say 98% of names are cleared in 30 days - to my understanding USCIS send your name to the FBI the same day they issue your finger print notice, so check the notice date and call after 31 days to see if you were placed in the Q for an interview

FYI - also the last updated date for online case status hasn't changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Nino for Valuable info. I just hope that u get your interview letter soon.

No - my online status is still the same. Current Status: Case received and pending.

I would assume the status gets changed once your file gets transfer to your DO. I was placed in the queue for an interview, they have to wait for my DO to request my file - thats why its based on your DO how fast you will get an interview letter.

The way I understand it is once your background for FP & name check are cleared they notify your DO and wait - once your DO request your file, they send your file to your DO and send you an interview letter. I will keep checking my online status as well as I am planning to call them next Friday - 1 week from when they placed me in Q for interview and will update you guys.

In the meantime - if you read about the name check documents online, they say 98% of names are cleared in 30 days - to my understanding USCIS send your name to the FBI the same day they issue your finger print notice, so check the notice date and call after 31 days to see if you were placed in the Q for an interview

FYI - also the last updated date for online case status hasn't changed.

1/10/09 : N-400 Mailed to CSC
1/11/09 : N-400 Received.
2/2/09 : FP Notice Received
2/11/09 : FP Appointment
?? : Interview Letter.
?? : Interview Date
?? : Oath Letter.
?? : Oath Date.

Dummy

Was just trying to keep it current..I dont see updates from anyone in a long time..
Any new interview notices for people who had FP last month..

shanks

Manual Fingerprinting

Today I went for my fingerprinting. The guy tried to do it on the computer but after different tries (many were successful) decided that my fingerprints are not coming "good" on the computer. So he printed a fingerprinting form with my case details and took fingerprints on those in old fashioned way with ink and everything.

He said they will mail it to FBI and it may take a few days. on the other hand the computer one sends the data immediately as it takes it.

anyone has the same experience, please share. I am a little frustrated.

Rashid

Folks,

Quick Question - I sent my application last Feb 2 to Texas Service Center. Worried that I haven't received any indication yet that my application have been received, I checked if I sent to the correct address. To my surpise (and horror !), I just found out that the address specified in the M-476.pdf (Guide to Naturalization) has changed from TSC to a Lockbox Facility. What do I need to do now ? Is my application considered lost and need to send a new one ?
I appreciate any reply or advice anyone could give. Thanks a lot !

forward to lockbox

Dont worry........USCIS will itself forward your application to correct lockbox address with no extra charge. I am hoping you will get your NOA from lockbox pretty soon.

Punjabi1

Folks,

Quick Question - I sent my application last Feb 2 to Texas Service Center. Worried that I haven't received any indication yet that my application have been received, I checked if I sent to the correct address. To my surpise (and horror !), I just found out that the address specified in the M-476.pdf (Guide to Naturalization) has changed from TSC to a Lockbox Facility. What do I need to do now ? Is my application considered lost and need to send a new one ?
I appreciate any reply or advice anyone could give. Thanks a lot !

Hello,

I have N-400 finger print appointment Wed Feb-25-09 at Fortworth TX 76115.

Can I walk-in to Fortworth TX 76115 USCIS this Friday 02/20?

If anyone has experience walk-in at Fortworth TX 76115 USCIS on Fridays?

The FP letter says I can reschedule to one of the days Wednesday or Saturday. So I was not sure to walk-in there on Friday.

Thanks for the help

-----------------------------------
TSC (Dallas,TX)
02/02/2009 N-400 mailed
02/04/2009 N-400 receipt date USPS tracking
02/06/2009 N-400 priority date
02/11/2008 Check cashed
02/17/2008 FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
02/25/2008 Original FP appointment date
xx/xx/xx : FP Done
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

Dont worry........USCIS will itself forward your application to correct lockbox address with no extra charge. I am hoping you will get your NOA from lockbox pretty soon.

Punjabi1

Thanks for the reply, Punjabi1 ! I am really hoping they would do that. What I am worried about is it has been 2 weeks already. All the other people here in the thread who mailed to a Service Center only took a few days for the application to be forwarded to a Lockbox. And 2 weeks is quite normal to get finger printing notice.
I just hope they still forward mails even after Jan 22.
If there's only a way to find out where my application is right now... sigh :(