N-400 from Service Center to Lockbox - NEW USCIS PROCESS

Congras on your IL - I am still waiting on mine :(

I know it is easier said than done...but be patient my friend. Do not think about it too much. I am sure you will get it soon......remember that also depends in your DO. Here in Chicago, they are starting to pick up the pace.

DO Time line

Nino,
How did you know that memphis is taking 11 monhts..did u call them..
is there a seperate number to check with DOs..

How much time is Atlanta taking now..

To all - Just had a first round of a job interview and it went great. They will contact me for the 2nd round within few days - I was feeling pretty good/happy, so on my way back home I decided to call up the USCIS to find out about my case status. The 2nd level IO said on Feb 25th, Today, we sent you your interview letter :D:D:D:D:D - I timed it and it takes 5 days to get here so I will either get it on Monday or Tuesday - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!

FYI - no change to the online status**

Nino77,

Congratulations. Hopefully you will get the job too. I am going to wait till Fri and call the IO again to see if my name check has cleared.

Regards,

mnq_n400

To all - Just had a first round of a job interview and it went great. They will contact me for the 2nd round within few days - I was feeling pretty good/happy, so on my way back home I decided to call up the USCIS to find out about my case status. The 2nd level IO said on Feb 25th, Today, we sent you your interview letter :D:D:D:D:D - I timed it and it takes 5 days to get here so I will either get it on Monday or Tuesday - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!

Congratulations on your first round interview and good luck on your next round....don't worry you will get the job.

good luck nino for your job. I am sure you will get it soon

nino77,

congrats!!! :):):)
We allknew you were ging to get the IL soon an there you go ;)
Now, its just a matter of time. Keep your spirit up and be positive. We all hope your 2nd interview tanslates into a job offer!!!

nino77,

congrats!!! :):):)
We allknew you were ging to get the IL soon an there you go ;)
Now, its just a matter of time. Keep your spirit up and be positive. We all hope your 2nd interview tanslates into a job offer!!!

Thanks mundowise - I truly appreciate it !!

Name check

I heard that there is a number we can call and confirm if the name check is done. Is that true?

What is that number? Or if USCIS the best place to check the status?

Thanks for the response.

I heard that there is a number we can call and confirm if the name check is done. Is that true?

What is that number? Or if USCIS the best place to check the status?

Thanks for the response.

You can't call the FBI and ask about your name check status - they used to have an email address to inquire about the status and it took 6 months for them to reply and this option is no longer available - You only have 2 options:

1- Infopass
2- call USCIS and speak to a 2nd level IO

Hey guys - I couldn't wait so I called again and asked when is my interview date, Its gonna be April 6th - wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!

Hi nino77,

Congrats on your IL/ID and good luck with your interview. How can you talk to a 2nd level IO? I called the 800 # yesterday. The lady who I talked to you just read me the case status info. that is posted on the USCIS site. She told me that she had no access to my info.

Its easy - just call the 1800# - press 1,2,3 then customer service rep will answer and read a script of questions and you answer yes/no - then you say I sent my N-400 to TSC more than 30 days ago and never got NOA. thats all, they will have to transfer you right then. once you get to a 2nd level I/O just ask about the status of your case and they will ask for your A#, dob, etc..
done.

Fast service thus far

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

We've had good fortune thus far with the new Phoenix lockbox process. We completed the fingerprints the same day that we received the letter in the mail. Just received the interview letters today for myself and my wife.

A few notes..

Both letters mentioned about bringing selective service documents. On the interview document checklist, it clarifies that the selective service documents are only required if you meet the criteria as outlined (so don't be alarmed by the NOA requesting selective service docs if they are not applicable to you.)

During the fingerprinting, the technician commented that our fingers were dry, and they somewhat struggled to get decent scans. But it seems to have worked out okay, so again don't be too alarmed if you are having to moisten your fingers a couple of times, it just may work out fine. They also provided the updated exam question book at the FP site.

The online status is about as inconsistent as others have mentioned. Though both interview letters were dated the same, the USCIS system shows one case last being updated in January, and the other shows an update in February with the red 'incomplete case status' message. So take the information in the online system with low anxiety.

Best of luck to everyone. Timeline in signature below.