N-400 from Service Center to Lockbox - NEW USCIS PROCESS

Nino & Punjabi, Would you mind post your dates on the Q1 tracker thread? Paulclarke on that thread compiled all the dates and providing some stats. Your dates also will help to get a clear picture. If you don't want to thats fine.

Who sends out the interview letters?Does it come from NBC or does it come from the local DO offices.

And i am never able to get to the second level officer when i call.
They always ask me if i have the receipt number and when i give them,they say that its in the normal processing period..

shanks

Who sends out the interview letters?Does it come from NBC or does it come from the local DO offices.

They always ask me if i have the receipt number and when i give them,they say that its in the normal processing period..

shanks

Shanks,

The interview letter comes from NBC - they send you the interview letter and send your DO your file at the same time.

Don't give them your receipt number - say you never got one and it has been more than 30 days since you filed.

shanks
the interview letter comes from the NBC

the first people you talk to are not the second level IOs. You have to use the normal trick i have learnt from this forum. dial the 1-800 number, and select1-2-3. tell the customer services rep. that you sent your application and it is more than 30 days, you have not received any notice yet. do not say anything else. the CSR will then transfer you call to an IO. There you tell the IO your problem. all the best.
:):):)

ok..thaks friends..

so now when i get to the second level..should i then give the receipt number..

i will try this tomorrow..thanks again..

I filed my N400 application in early November 08 and quickly received the NOA letter and soon FP date and completed my finger print by early Dec. 08. However, my application has not moved any further after this. I suspect that it is stuck in the name check stage. I called USCIS based on the special steps mentioned by some of you here (thanks for that - it pays to be a lurker) and got hold of a L2IO. The person said that they are waiting for FBI to process the FP?? I am planning to call FBI tomorrow. Can anyone here give me some tips on how inquire about my case with FBI? Thanks!

----------------------------------------------
11/3/08 : N-400 Mailed to California Service Center
11/5/08 : N-400 Received.
11/5/08 : Priority Date.
11/7/08 : NOA Notice Date.
11/20/08 : FP Notice Received
12/5/08 : FP Appointment & FP Complete
??????? : Interview Letter
??????? : Interview Date
??????? : Oath Letter
??????? : Oath Date

Congratulationds to Punjabi1, rangav, funky brother & Zephyr2009 for their interview letters. Way to go guys.....this new process is going fast!:):)

To Seema01, we hope you can get your soon....do not desmay!

01/05/2009: N-400 Received
01/05/2009: Priority Date
01/09/2009: Check Cashed
01/12/2009: NOA Received
01/20/2009: FP Letter Received
01/29/2009: FP Appointment
01/29/2009: FP Completed
02/14/2009: Interview Letter
04/22/2009: Interview Date
xx/xx/xxxx: Oath Letter
xx/xx/xxxx: Oath Date

Nino and Mundowise::: Do you guys know how fast i can get Passport after oath ceremony?Do they have any expedited service where i can get it in 24 hours. actually my oath is on April 30 and on may 7 i want to attend wedding in india. i also need sometime to get indian visa.
or
can i still use my indian passport and greencard even after oath ceremony for a trip to india.??

Punjabi1:confused:

They usually ask for your A# to access your account

Folks: I called the FBI and they told me that they processed the Finger Print on the same day as it was taken 12/5/2008. According to them I should follow up with USCIS. So I sent a letter to my congressman seeking his assistance in this matter.

Nino77 and Punjabi1: Do you have any other recommendations?

----------------------------------------------
11/3/08 : N-400 Mailed to California Service Center
11/5/08 : N-400 Received.
11/5/08 : Priority Date.
11/7/08 : NOA Notice Date.
11/20/08 : FP Notice Received
12/5/08 : FP Appointment & FP Complete
??????? : Interview Letter
??????? : Interview Date
??????? : Oath Letter
??????? : Oath Date

Nino and Mundowise::: Do you guys know how fast i can get Passport after oath ceremony?Do they have any expedited service where i can get it in 24 hours. actually my oath is on April 30 and on may 7 i want to attend wedding in india. i also need sometime to get indian visa.
or
can i still use my indian passport and greencard even after oath ceremony for a trip to india.??

Punjabi1:confused:

Punjabi1,

Where do you live in the US?

You will give back your green card & travel document during your oath. They will be replaced with your citizenship certificate so the short answer is no

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks: I called the FBI and they told me that they processed the Finger Print on the same day as it was taken 12/5/2008. According to them I should follow up with USCIS. So I sent a letter to my congressman seeking his assistance in this matter.

Nino77 and Punjabi1: Do you have any other recommendations?

Ok - Relax, I know its easier said than done. Take a deep breath. Now pick up the phone and call the USCIS again and ask about the status of your case ( as always speak to a 2nd level IO) using the no NOA trick

Sometimes you get a bad 2nd level IO. Could be either lazy or an idiot and didn't know. try twice and let us know what they say.

Thanks

Nino: I live in North New Jersey place called Jersey city. Do you know any way i can get US Passport in 24 hours after Oath Ceremony??

Punjabi1

Punjabi1,

Where do you live in the US?

You will give back your green card & travel document during your oath. They will be replaced with your citizenship certificate so the short answer is no

Nino: I live in North New Jersey place called Jersey city. Do you know any way i can get US Passport in 24 hours after Oath Ceremony??

Punjabi1

Well my friend you are lucky - Here is what needs to be done.

Book your flight today (unless you have the ticket already)
As soon as you get done with the ceremony you need to go to a Regional Passport Agency. Tell them you got an emergency, not sure if they consider a wedding an emergency, and show them the original ticket and the original citizenship certificate. They will either process your passport and give it to you on the same day or the next

You gonna have to do some driving though cause the closest one to you in Philly I believe.

Here is the link http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_4312.html

Make sure to call and find out if they would consider a wedding an emergency, if not and if its really important for you to be there I would come up with one.

If you are willing to spend the money and don't wanna drive there are agencies that will charge you like $1500 and go on your behalf. they are reliable and you can google it but if I were you I would save my money for go there myself since you live so close.

Good luck

Nino

When I reach the second level ,, can i tell them that i need to chek the status of my application and give my receoipt number..is that okay?
or will they get pissed if i give receiopt number because i had lied that i didnt have the receipt number to the Level 1 person?

I dont know everytime i call..when i had to lie..i get nervous..and i cant move ahead ;-))

shanks

Nino

When I reach the second level ,, can i tell them that i need to chek the status of my application and give my receoipt number..is that okay?
or will they get pissed if i give receiopt number because i had lied that i didnt have the receipt number to the Level 1 person?

I dont know everytime i call..when i had to lie..i get nervous..and i cant move ahead ;-))

shanks

No they won't be pissed and they ask for your A# not your case number.

Keep me updated

ok..i am callin gnow..
but they can clealy see that my biometrics was done..
so that means i received the notice..hehehe

i guess its okay..let me try..
shanks

Thanks Nino...

My name check and fingerprinting check are done..she said that i might get the interview any time within the next 30 days..so just asked me to wait..

thanks so much for ur help..the person whom i spoke with was amazingly helpful..she guided me thru the entire step..and even asked me to prepare for the exam properly..excellent service..;-)0