Received FP notice

Receipt Date - 01/26
Priority Date -01/26
Notice Date - 01/28
NOA received - 02/01
FP Notice Date - 02/03
FP received-02/09
FP appointment - 02/18

Punjabi1 - You really dont need a excuse.... If you really need one..you can say that you have an appointment at the time on the letter

FP Walkin

I heard that we can go for FP walkin on Wednesday/ saturday afternoon. I am thiniking to go for FP this coming Wednesday 02/11. Do you think its ok to go too early for FP? Is it gonna be any problem for me???

Newark D/O
01/21/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Lewsville Lockbox
01/23/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
01/28/09 : Check Cashed
01/23/09 :priority Date
01/28/09 :Notice Date.
02/03/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)

02/09/09 :FP Notice Received
02/24/09 :FP Appointment (Hackensack ASC)
xx/xx/xx :FP Walkin
xx/xx/09 :Interview Letter.
xx/xx/09 :Interview & Oath Ceremony(Same Day)

Punjabi1 - You really dont need a excuse.... If you really need one..you can say that you have an appointment at the time on the letter

fp walkin

I was planning to go tomorrow as i travel a lot..and fortunately i was home for this week..

Are walking allowed only on wednesdays or saturday?Can anybody please confirm..

I have also heard abt Wed and Saturday...

There is nothing like Too early.... I know members who have done the FP the same day they got the letter...

Nino77: Surprisingly today i received my Fingerprint Notice. Looks like new Lockbox process working pretty good. Tell me is FP walkins only possible on weekends or i can go any day?. and secodly what Execuse should i make for early FP walkin?

Newark D/O

02/24/09 :FP Appointment

Punjabi1

Punjabi,

I thought you could do it any day not just the weekend - I did mine on Saturday cause I work Mon-Friday 8-5 and didnt want to take half a day off or call in.
As far as the excuse go - I was going to say I am planning a trip overseas and I would really appreciate it if you let me get it done today so I won't have to delay my trip. I am sure it would have worked, but they never even looked at the date in the first place, they cared about seeing my GC and made sure I am who I said I was.

Good luck and let us know....

nino77,

Have tried calling but am always told that have to wait. Also saw that most people with the Dec 15th RD have not received anything. The online status still says Case received. Has anybody with the NBC*000012*** sequence received an interview notice. I have seen some people with later dates receive IL notices already. Guess its wait and see.

Thanks,

mnq_n400

asdasd,

On you online status did your LUD change. I know you said it still says the same even after the interview letter but what about the LUD date.

Thanks,

mnq_n400

1.The online status still says Case received.
2. Has anybody with the NBC*000012*** sequence received an interview notice. I have seen some people with later dates receive IL notices already. Guess its wait and see.
1. my first application was denied Sep 2008 and online status is still "received November 2007 and pending"
2. it totally depends on how busy is your local District Office (DO), not on your sequence number among many other states.
you can verify your DO by zipcode: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

Last edited by a moderator:
nino77,

Have tried calling but am always told that have to wait. Also saw that most people with the Dec 15th RD have not received anything. The online status still says Case received. Has anybody with the NBC*000012*** sequence received an interview notice. I have seen some people with later dates receive IL notices already. Guess its wait and see.

Thanks,

mnq_n400

It depends how busy your DO is, I agree with Feliz. my sequence is NBC*000015XXX

FP Completed

Receipt Date - 01/26
Priority Date -01/26
Notice Date - 01/28
NOA received - 02/01
FP Notice Date - 02/03
FP received-02/09
FP appointment - 02/18
FP completed - 02/10

What is the number to check the status of your FP with FBI?
And also is it automated or do we speak with some one?

Do we have a similar number to check the status of name check.?

Thanks
Shanks

FP Question

SHANKS: What Time you went there for FP ?. Did they ask you any Question?.How much time it takes?.

Newark D/O

Punjabi1

Receipt Date - 01/26
Priority Date -01/26
Notice Date - 01/28
NOA received - 02/01
FP Notice Date - 02/03
FP received-02/09
FP appointment - 02/18
FP completed - 02/10

What is the number to check the status of your FP with FBI?
And also is it automated or do we speak with some one?

Do we have a similar number to check the status of name check.?

Thanks
Shanks

FP notice reeceived only for wife not for me.

Update: Received FP notice today (2/11/09).

Hi Punjabi,

I went around at 11.00 am.There was a line in front of the main door and there was a guy checking everyones credentials.When I got to him, he asked me to come back at 2.30 PM.I asked him if I had to stand int he line again,he said "Yes" and that there is no guarantee that he would take me in at 2.30 PM as my appointment date was not for today.He said it depends upon the rush.

So I went to a restaraunt and chilled out for the the next 2 hours..At around 1.00 PM, I went back to try my luck.This time there was a different guy.

He just asked me to show the Green Card and the Notice..and let me in.
Inside, I stood in another line where one guy was asking everyone to show their hands and asked me to fill up a form.

I handed the form to a receptionist and he gave me a token number.

I was then seated and in 10 minutes I was done..

Once your inside, its very fast..and it wasnt crowded at all..I am not sure why the other guy was giving me a tough time..

Good Luck with urs..

FP Done

Nino:: I am done with FP. I just walkin at 2pm. No Question asked. Did you already called that FBI number to verify Name and Background check ? also how much time i have to wait for Interview letter? Thanks

Newark D/O
01/28/09 :Notice Date

02/11/09 :FP Walkin

Punjabi1

Nino:: I am done with FP. I just walkin at 2pm. No Question asked. Did you already called that FBI number to verify Name and Background check ? also how much time i have to wait for Interview letter? Thanks

Newark D/O
01/28/09 :Notice Date

02/11/09 :FP Walkin

Punjabi1

Yeah I called today to verify my FP - it was returned to the FBI on the same day. Name check, you can't check that without infopass, my DO is 4 hrs away from me so I dont plan on driving for 8 hrs to know my name check status. As far as IL goes, most people got it within 4-6 weeks ( driving me crazy, I am watching the mail box like a hawk. However my name check took like 2 years to clear for my GC so my timeline should be different than most people. on a side note I got laid off today so if you gotta a job for me, let me know - hahaha

Wow Nino77 sorry to hear you got laid off today thats awful,, however you seem to be taking it ok though.

I guess your getting laid off is 100 times worse than me getting rejected for fingerprints ( I tried an early walk in today I got rude people and a big fat NO ) i was really upset but now reading how you got laid off makes me think about how worse things could be.

again sorry this happened to you and I hope you find a job soon.

Wow Nino77 sorry to hear you got laid off today thats awful,, however you seem to be taking it ok though.

I guess your getting laid off is 100 times worse than me getting rejected for fingerprints ( I tried an early walk in today I got rude people and a big fat NO ) i was really upset but now reading how you got laid off makes me think about how worse things could be.

again sorry this happened to you and I hope you find a job soon.

Yeah it sucks - I've never gotten laid off before, a year ago I decided to change company and had few offers. I turned them all down and went working in IT in the biggest earth moving equipment company in the US thinking I would be safe. haha yeah I guess I thought wrong :mad:

I wish I had my citizenship already - It would have been nice to fly home and spend few months - away from all the laying off going around here.

Yeah it sucks - I've never gotten laid off before, a year ago I decided to change company and had few offers. I turned them all down and went working in IT in the biggest earth moving equipment company in the US thinking I would be safe. haha yeah I guess I thought wrong :mad:

I wish I had my citizenship already - It would have been nice to fly home and spend few months - away from all the laying off going around here.

Nino:: Sorry to hear about your Layoff. Please dont lose your hope. Economy gonna bounce back in 5-6 months. Good luck !!:(

Punjabi1