N-400 Applications in December 2007-January 2008

Gatedgal

Registered Users (C)
Hello all. I will be applying for Naturalization early January and would like to meet people to track our timeline and share information. I will be applying thru Texas Service Center - Charlotte.

Have a great day! :)

Hi there i submited my app on Dec 22,2007 so i guess now the waiting game.Also to the TSC.

There isn't much time difference between those applied in August and December. those who applied in august had to wait for 5 months. we all get our FP and ILs at the same time i guess. watch times lines of those who applied in august 1st week at TSC after July 30th fee hike.

I doubt we all get ILs around same time..
Now is the actual wait time and priority date (pending name check clearance) will take place for the Interviews.
I am not saying it will be months but there will be a difference for sure..

I'm 100% agree with ProudPal. You have to remember their priority was everything but N-400.That's why it took a while for us to see N-400 Noa. But after Uscis processed all other forms and clear july apps cashing checks goes very fast. I guess real wait starts from now.
I live in houston and a few friends of mine applied earier this year.It took 4-5 month for whole proccess and if the number of filers doubled after june it's not so difficult to figure out how long it will takes from the noa letter till interview. I cannot see how august filers will be scheduled for the interview about the same time as dec-jan filers.there are thousands of applications between us and it mean sereval month between interview days.

I live in houston and a few friends of mine applied earier this year.It took 4-5 month for whole proccess and if the number of filers doubled after june it's not so difficult to figure out how long it will takes from the noa letter till interview.

Actually, the fact that the number of applications doubled doesn't necessarily mean that the waiting time will double. Keep in mind that the increase in the overall number of applications is not necessarily spread out in equal numbers over various DOs. For instance, the number of applications in Chicago may have tripled, while the number of applications in Houston may have been halved. I've seen a couple of posts reporting interviews at the Seattle DO after late July filings, while many Boston residents with April priority dates are still waiting for their ILs. It's just a guessing game at this point.

Gatedgal,
How long ago before your five years date did you apply for Naturalization.
There are some conflicting days. Some people say appy 90 days before the five years line and some say apply 6 months before the five years line. Which one is correct?
Thanks for your response.
  • I-485 approved 4/15/2005
  • Residence since 4/15/2004
  • Received GC with wrong residence since date 5/15/2005
  • Returned GC with I-90D 12/18/2007
  • I-90 RD 12/18/2008
Hello all. I will be applying for Naturalization early January and would like to meet people to track our timeline and share information. I will be applying thru Texas Service Center - Charlotte.

This is about TSC. My Priority Date is Oct 4th. my check got cashed on Dec 21st. I haven't received my NOA yet. I know few here in this forum with priority dates in august 1st week got their checks cashed just 2 days before mine. on Dec 19th. we all receive NOA and FP at same time. couple of days difference thats it. and for ILs we can predict only after July rush is over. once District Offices start processing august applications, it is just matter of days for interviews for those with name check cleared from FBI. number of applications to TSC reduced drastically from august to December. It took nearly 4 months for checks to be cashed for July applications. TSC is a special center. I think TSC received too many applications in July than other centers. let say atlanta DO interviews may continue with July priority dates till May, in June Atlanta DO may complete 2,3 months of applications in one month. guessing. all depend on service center and District office.

my N400 - NSC/ Chicago timeline

N400 - NSC/Chicago

12/18 Sent N400 via priority
12/20 Received at NSC
12/26 Check cashed
.........Waiting........

Your DO may actually be Durham instead since new DO opens in March, 2008.

I am returning after 4 years..was a moderator for sometime here in 2003..My N400 details are as follows

Residence: Maryland
Center: VSC
N400 mailing date: 12/14/2007
Checks cashed: 12/31/2007
Waiting...

Any idea when to receive the receipt and FP?

I am returning after 4 years..was a moderator for sometime here in 2003..My N400 details are as follows

Residence: Maryland
Center: VSC
N400 mailing date: 12/14/2007
Checks cashed: 12/31/2007
Waiting...

Any idea when to receive the receipt and FP?

Depending on DO it's taking anywhere from same time as NOA to several weeks to receive FP notice. You should receive NOA within the next month, so count on receiving FP notice anywhere from 4-8 weeks from today.

Gatedgal! I would estimate your check will be cashed by 01/10, and will receive your NOA by 01/15. You are catching the tail-end of the July07 mess. Good luck - join the bandwagon!!

Last edited by a moderator: