My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

Hi Shahidsan,

Yes, the officer did congratulate me and gave me 652 with the very first box checked and told me to wait for the oath letter.

Please keep me posted on how does your infopass process goes. What time did you get for your infopass on Jan 31st.

Thx

Hi Fellow_immig,

Just to clarify on ur N-652 form did the Officer not Check "Congrulations! Your application has been recommended for approval..." Mine had two items checked like i mentioned to u earlier

I have an infopass on Jan 31st at 7:30am. I figured if I go early and things work out for me, I can get sworn in the same day!

Fellow Immi

The info pass works. I have used for my wife.

But I didn't go finally for preponing the interview.

Hi Hidimba,

When you used the info pass, did you get to speak to the same officer that did the interview, or it does not matter? Also since i have passed my interview, and now waiting to hear back for my oath. What would you recommend me taking as documents for my infopass appointment?

Hi Shahidsan,

Both the boxes are checked on my 652, the very first box & Congratulations ... box. What documents are you planning to carry and what reason are you planning to specify for the infopass session. Let us hope this will work out for us.

Hi Hidimba:
Did you go with infopass to get the oath for your wife, if so could you please let me know the dates and the documents and did she gave any specific reason and please give us the details.

Thanks for all your responses.
Good luck!

Hi Fellow_immig,

When getting the info-pass I selected the option to "Speak to an Immigration Officer". My goal is to get a status as far as when to expect my oath letter. As for the documents, I am planning to take my GC, my passport, copy of my Interview appt letter, and my N-652 form.

What about you? Are you also planning to go to the Atlanta DO?

Hi Shahidsan,

I could not get it for Jan 31st, I will try for later date, the will carry the similar documents, but I do not have a copy of appointment letter, I forgot to make a copy before I took it to the interview. Also, on 652 they don’t have my A# or name. Do you think this would cause any problem (not having copy of interview letter or not having A# on 652). Please advice.

Thx

Hi Fellow Immig,

Not to worry. You have your previous letters (like FP notice, N-400 Receipt etc) from INS, the A# does not change, take that with you. Its odd your N-652 does not have it. Bascially the Officer is suppose to wrtite it on N-652, along with their name.

As for the InfoPass appt, i would not worry about it, as they have all the information with them to locate your case, so your A# number should be enough, along with your GC.

Also I mailed a thank-you letter to the attention of the officer that interviewed me, and also asked politely in the letter when i should be expecting my oath letter.

In any case, I will keep you posted about my infopass appt. The good news is our cases are similar so it will help us track things down!

Lets pray we get our letter before my infopass appt.

Hi Shahidsan,

Thank you for the info. On 652 may be 'coz it was so late in the afternoon, he might have forgotten to write the A#, but he has written his name.
Let us pray and hope to get the oath letter before infopass.

Hi Fellow_immig,

Wanted to share latest update with you. A friend of mine went for his interview today at Atlanta DO. I had asked him to enquire from the Officer how long does it take to get the oath letter. He said it takes 6-8 weeks!

So now I am wondering, is it worth my time to go on Jan 31st (which will be just 2 weeks since my interview) What do you think?

Finally Done!!

Hi,

Just wanted to post a final update on my Naturalization Process.

Priority Date : Feb 10, 2004 (Sent to Houston Immigration Office)
1st Fingerprinting : Apr 02, 2004
InfoPass Appt : May 09, 2005 (Atlanta DO had not even received my application from Houston)
2nd Fingerprinting: Aug 17, 2005
Interview: Nov 7, 2005 -- Passed interview, Missed same day Oath Ceremony by 2 hrs
Oath Ceremony : Jan 20, 2005

Total time : 1year and 11 months

Was a long waiting period, but I only had an InfoPass appt. once and even at that time did not get any details on what was causing the delay.

Don't know and don't care now. :)

It was the most stress free immigration process, and it could be as I was not worried about how long it would take.

Good luck to everyone who is still in the process!!

Thanks for the update and Congrulations!! If you be kind enough to let me know when u got done with your interview, did your N-652 form have 2 check marks. One for "You passed the tests.." and the other say "Congrulations..."

From what you say I think it is best to wait for the 6-8 weeks window to get the oath letter. So maybe i should drop the idea of using my infopass?

N400 Atlanta Timeline

I thought I'd chime in with my time line since I got naturalized today. :) :) :)

Sent N400 in around June 10th, 2005
Receipt received about June 20th, 2005 with Priority date of June 15, 2005
Fingerprints taken July 15, 2005
Received interview notice with notice date of November 8th, 2005
Interview TODAY January 26, 2006.

WOOHOO!!

V.

vyshnya said:
I thought I'd chime in with my time line since I got naturalized today. :) :) :)

Sent N400 in around June 10th, 2005
Receipt received about June 20th, 2005 with Priority date of June 15, 2005
Fingerprints taken July 15, 2005
Received interview notice with notice date of November 8th, 2005
Interview TODAY January 26, 2006.

WOOHOO!!

V.

Congratulations !!

What was the interview time and oath time?

It appears for most people for Atlanta DO, if you have your interview time set for the morning or get done before 12pm. You have the option to take the same day oath. I have been tracking a number of people who had early morning interviews, and all got the same day oath. On the other hand people finishing their interview after 2pm, were told that their Oath notice would come in the mail

August05 said:
Congratulations !!

What was the interview time and oath time?

Interview was scheduled for 9:45 AM. Didn't actually go in until about 10:30 AM. I was going to change my name but my interviewer said that if I did that, I would not be able to take the oath today so I opted not to do that. Interview took about 10 minutes - she didn't even take any of the stuff I had copied (citizenship was based on marriage). So came out at around 10:40 AM. And had to wait for the oath letter. I was SO hoping that I'd somehow make the 11 AM oath. :cool: But, alas, a man came out at 10:45 AM or so with a stack of letters and said "these are the last of the 11 AM oaths - the rest will be 2 PM" and I was not in that list. So waited about 40 minutes after I came out to get the oath letter. Oath took about 2 1/2 hours. Did not get done until 4:30 PM. So this was a WHOLE DAY event!!!

Did they give you naturalization certificate at the end of Oath ceremony? What time did you get your nat. certificate in hand?

Also did they ask whether you want to take oath on same day? Just curious.

Hidimba said:
Did they give you naturalization certificate at the end of Oath ceremony? What time did you get your nat. certificate in hand?

Also did they ask whether you want to take oath on same day? Just curious.

I left with my certificate in hand at 4:30 PM. Some people did the ceremony with a white piece of paper and then after the ceremony had to go upstairs to get their real certificate. There were 77 people in all and maybe about 50% (maybe more) had the white people instead of the certificate. I do not know how much longer those people had to stay.

I wasn't given a choice about when to take the oath. The officer just told me if I wanted to change my name, I would not be taking the oath today. So I said, "OK - I won't change my name". She said "Are you sure?". I said "yes" and she said that my oath ceremony will be 2 PM. She didn't give me any other choices.

Do they take your GC at the begining of Oath?

Hopefully people with the white paper got the Nat certificate on same day. Otherwise they will not GC as well as Nat Certificate.

Hidimba said:
Do they take your GC at the begining of Oath?

Hopefully people with the white paper got the Nat certificate on same day. Otherwise they will not GC as well as Nat Certificate.

I do not know about the people with the white papers. They took my GC during the interview.