My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

APR said:
Hi arevvg - Are the civics questions from the list of 100 sample questions? Also, when they ask you to verify DOB etc., do they ask for birth certificate or affidavit?

Thanks.
Though I'm not arevvg, but here it is, unsolicited advice :)

Civics Qs are from those 100 sample Qs.

They do not ask for your DOB verification docs as they already have them in your file which were included during your GC process.

I've seen non-applicants during the oath ceremony, they are welcome. During your interview time, the waiting room is quite spacious, provided you and your wife will not be called in for the interview at the same time, my impression, it should not be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
TAGA,

If you can get an appointment for Passport Agency in DC in the morning time then you can get the passport in same day. So make sure you make the appointment once you know your oath date.

But I am not sure about Indian visa from DC when you live in Atlanta. May be some experienced person can help us as I am also in the same boat. I think rules has changed considerably in past few years. I tried to contact Indian EMbassy in DC but no luck so far.

You can also use some agent to do your passport in one day. But you have to consider shipping time also. This will allow you to work in your job while everything is being done for you. Though you have to pay arround $150 plus shipping plus all govt. fees. There are few in Atlanta, but there are plenty arround the country.

Let me know what you find.

Needurhelp,

You said following,

------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

2. For getting same day Indian Visa, can we apply in DC ?

You can do it provided you can provide the local address, which is DC address.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do you know anyone has done it recently? I am having difficulty to believe it as my US passport, which is done on same day or 1 day before will show my atlanta address and Indian consulate will still accept DC address.

I just got the oath letter for 17 Feb @ 8AM in Richard B Russel Bldg Auditor.

Folks,

I just got it now the much awaited Naturalization oath ceremony letter from Mesquite, TX Serv cent, dated 2/1/06. It is held in Richard B Russell Bldg Auditorium on Friday the 17th at 8am, in Atlanta.
Yes, Shahidsan is right that Oath Ceremonies are held twice a month in Richard B Russell Bldg Auditorium in the first (fridays) and third week. For Feb, it is being held on the 3rd and 17th.
Good luck to those awaiting interview and oath.

TAGA.

Hidimba said:
Needurhelp,

You said following,

------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

2. For getting same day Indian Visa, can we apply in DC ?

You can do it provided you can provide the local address, which is DC address.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do you know anyone has done it recently? I am having difficulty to believe it as my US passport, which is done on same day or 1 day before will show my atlanta address and Indian consulate will still accept DC address.

I don't know who has done it recently, I'm sorry if I'm misguiding you in anyway, thats not the intention at all.

Good timing as I'm carrying the Passport with me to get passport copy notarized for the OCI, residential address is not listed in your passport unlike our old Indian passport. Issued by Dept of State US instead of Agency name.

Of course, even Houston office gives you same day visas.

Feb 4th, they did have the Visa Camp in Atlanta. That would have been perfect for you only if you have had your passport.

Same day service-US Passport and Indian Visa

Guys,
I live in ATL. Once I have my naturalization certificate (on the 17th), to get a US passport (same day service) and Indian visa as well, please suggest whether to go to DC or HOuston ? I really appreciate your inputs.
TAGA

Hey TAGA!!

Congratulation!! Happy for you, please convey your message to Fellow_immig. I am sure that will raise his Hopes for the Oath letter!

APR said:
Hi arevvg - Are the civics questions from the list of 100 sample questions? Also, when they ask you to verify DOB etc., do they ask for birth certificate or affidavit?

Thanks.

Yes, just those 100 questions are more than enough. For DOB, do not worry about taking any documentation. They have a copy of your birth date documentation from your green card file. So, they do not ask for any documentation at all. (This is based on my experience and also what I have heard from others.)

As for taking a child, you should be ok, coz I saw people that brought their spouse/kids/parents what not. So, close family members are fine. They allow you to take pictures, and are very nice about the whole thing...

xzhong said:
My PD is 21 July 2005. I have taken my Fingerpint on Aug 9 2005. However, I did not receive anything from USCIS since that. Several people that has PD much later than mine have got their interview notice. I am not sure what's going on with my case. Also, when I check my status on online, it gives me this message:

Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number.

Are there anyone have an idea about what's going on? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I hope your case is resolved xzhong. Good luck...

july2006 said:
Hi there
Thank you very much for your detailed reply. :)
I am glad you got it done without having any problems. :p
These days I don't really care about the citizenship as I used to because we just found out that my wife is 5 weeks pregnant. :confused: :)
As a reult of it, I am so happy and nothing can cause me to worry or stress these days.
Again, congratulations mate.
Take care

Thanks july2006, and wow! parenthood will make it doubly-sweet!

Let the good times keep rolling.

I am sure you are unaware but I should tell you: it was your posts in Aug/September 2005 that kept this thread alive and kept the information flow going. Your positive outlook has been a great influence here. Special thanks for all that...

It was fun

Hey Aarevg,
Thank you for your nice comments. :p
It was fun making comments here, expecting to finish as early as possible. Now that it's only 6 days away, one feels sad that it'll be over soon, all this excitement is about to be over :)
I as I said before am not excited at all about this because we are going crazy about this new baby. Gotta find names, shop for clothes and all that.
On the day of the interview, I'll be there around 11 a.m. even if the interview is at 1:05 p.m. to finish the whole process the same day because it's about 30 miles away from where I live.(Lawrenceville)
So, yeah good luck everyone.
I'll be back Monday night giving every single little detail.
For now, bye.

Hi areevg - Thanks for the info. Is the oath administered individually or as a group? The reason I am asking is I want to take my 3 year old with us for the interview and the oath. Will she be able to be with us when you have to take the oath?

Its Tinaaaaaaaa

A baby oh MY god did I hear A baby thats sooooo cool congratulation july2006 .
Just came to this forum to wish you good luck on your Interview you still i still havent fergotten you so best wishes on your interview and hope you get everything done very soon .

Tina :)

APR said:
Hi areevg - Thanks for the info. Is the oath administered individually or as a group? The reason I am asking is I want to take my 3 year old with us for the interview and the oath. Will she be able to be with us when you have to take the oath?
Usually, the oath is administered in a big room for about 100 people at a time. In my case, all the 80 of us were given a number and we were asked to sit on the numbered chair. All the friends/neardearones of the actual candidates were told to be in a different room for about 30-45 minutes in the moddle of th ceremony and then they can come back at the end of the ceremony. In your case, i assume since you cant leave a 3 year old in a different room, you most likely will have to ask for special permission to keep your kid with you guys even during the middle 30-45 minutes. Or if possible take a friend who can keep your kid for that middle part. Also, since the staff are actually quite nice, I think it may be possible for you to keep your kid with you even in the middle part, as a special case. Hope this helped...

APR said:
areevg - Thanks again. What do they do in the middle part of the ceremony?
In the middle part they ask the neardearones to leave the oath ceremony room. Then they give candidates an idea about how to form the line to get the certificate when our name is called, ask us to one by one sign our certificate which takes quite a few minutes, ask us to sit in designated numbered chairs, get completely settled, listen to a speech by the CIS local director, then to us anthem, then a song, then we do the pledge of allegiance, and we finally get settled in our chair. The middle part ends at this time.

Then they inform the neardearones to come back to the oath room so they can take part/pictures when candidates receive the naturalization certificate from the director...

sdm said:
Any updates from you?

SDM

No. I got back response from FBI with 'no records' letter to my FOIPA request. I have mailed my senator and have not heard back. I was hoping u would post something positive as your interview was earlier than mine

July 2006
Congrats on the baby news. Good luck for your interview