• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My interview experience

I am still waiting for the VISA. They did not issue my medical report yet.

I hate waiting because i need to talk to my superiors about this as soon as possible at work.

scusyxx sana gelmeden once herhangi bir haber ya da benzeri bir şey (SMS, MAIL vs) geldi mi yoksa geldigi anda PTT'den bildirim mi geldi?

Tesekkurler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yayyyyy... Picked up my visa today.

gokhan8282,
Bana bu sabah postalandigina dair email geldi. Postaneye ulasincada SMS geldi. Bu benim bilmem kacinci vizem oldugu icin, genelde vize basildigi gun postaya veriyorlar. Vizede mulakattan birgun sonra basiliyor. Benim mulakat Sali sabahiydi, bugun elime gecti vizem.

scusyxx sana gelmeden once herhangi bir haber ya da benzeri bir şey (SMS, MAIL vs) geldi mi yoksa geldigi anda PTT'den bildirim mi geldi?

Tesekkurler.

Yayyyyy... Picked up my visa today.

gokhan8282,
Bana bu sabah postalandigina dair email geldi. Postaneye ulasincada SMS geldi. Bu benim bilmem kacinci vizem oldugu icin, genelde vize basildigi gun postaya veriyorlar. Vizede mulakattan birgun sonra basiliyor. Benim mulakat Sali sabahiydi, bugun elime gecti vizem.

Tesekkur.

Dun aradim konsoloslugu. Daha yeni islemisler raporu. Bugun buyuk ihtimal postaya verilecegi soylendi. Haftasonuna evrak birakmamaya ozen gösteriyorlarmis.

Hayirlisi bakalim bekliyorum.

Wow guys. the passports are in Istanbul right now. could not pick it up bc it is sunday.

tomorrow, i am going to pick up my passports, buy my tickets to the usa, send my CV to the software companies in the USA and resign from my job.

Tomorrow will be so busy :D

Wow guys. the passports are in Istanbul right now. could not pick it up bc it is sunday.

tomorrow, i am going to pick up my passports, buy my tickets to the usa, send my CV to the software companies in the USA and resign from my job.

Tomorrow will be so busy :D

Enjoy tomorrow!

Dear all Friends
i got my visa today.. if you all remember i had problem with my police report from Nepal which was not recent and was from 2009 however i had forwarded to us embassy and i got visa today.. i am very happy.
But in visa the expiry date is 9th of may 2014..So what happens once the visa is expired? will they send us green card or do we need to apply for further visa?
thank you all for your kind advise...
very happy today...

Dear all Friends
i got my visa today.. if you all remember i had problem with my police report from Nepal which was not recent and was from 2009 however i had forwarded to us embassy and i got visa today.. i am very happy.
But in visa the expiry date is 9th of may 2014..So what happens once the visa is expired? will they send us green card or do we need to apply for further visa?
very happy today...

At first: congragulations :)

As far as I understood the visa within the passport is temporarily that means you need to activate the "real" issue of your gc by travellng to the US and attending a 2. inspection at the border. This has to be done within 6 months otherwise your visa will expire. Unfortunately I have no clue but I'm afraid afterwards the visa isn't valid anymore, and it got lost (forum guys please correct me if I'm wrong).

So only when you've activated the gc by this way you'll get it I think.

Best regards
Mike

Dear all Friends
very happy today...

Congratulations! I'm glad you got issued the visa even with the expired PCC!

You're required to use the visa to enter the US before the expiry date shown on it, that is called activating your GC. If you do not travel to the US before the visa expires, you can no longer use it again, you will not be issued with a new one and this current opportunity to become a US PR is becomes lost.

Dear all Friends
very happy today...

Glad it worked out and thanks for keeping us updated!

As others have said, you need to have entered the US by the expiry date on your visa or it will lapse and become useless. You cannot get a green card until you have entered the US using that visa, before the visa expires. You can leave again once you have entered - when your visa gets stamped on entry it becomes "endorsed" and then acts as a temporary green card (I-551) for a year which you can use, though you will have received your actual green card long before that year is over.

Congrats bahakta, and enjoy the moment :)
I've read a post about a south africain lady that went to her interview, she was told that they did a thick check up on her back ground !!!?
She was granted the visa, but I wonder what kind of ''thick check''
Do they conducted !? Beside the the criminal one ?!

Vladek, if you trawl through the various documents about the DV process you will see that a background check is a normal part of it - they do not just rely on what you send them!! Some of the check is done via KCC and some is done by the local embassy. How much they can and do check depends on a number of things - any flags on your application, how cooperative their relations with local law enforcement etc is, and so on.

Vladek, if you trawl through the various documents about the DV process you will see that a background check is a normal part of it - they do not just rely on what you send them!! Some of the check is done via KCC and some is done by the local embassy. How much they can and do check depends on a number of things - any flags on your application, how cooperative their relations with local law enforcement etc is, and so on.

Yeah I think that is especially true in the consulates that ask for certain forms to be presented in advance of the interview and also in countries where fraud is more common. In these days of the internet I am sure they do simple searches on people also - just to verify details. In my recent H1 application I think USCIS have been using the internet because they have introduced a suggestion that I am a partner of the sponsoring company (which is my brothers company and I have never been a partner in it), the only thing I can think of is that they have found something on the internet, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 63 as the answer. My lawyer is going to have a nice vacation with all the money she is making because of USCIS introducing delays and bad assumptions....

Not that I have anything to hide, but do they conduct the same check up on the derivatives aswell?
In this case they will to check my back home country, and trace all the infos that
I submited, becase its not gonna be easy for them to verify it, I'm scared to go on AP
Because of that:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I have anything to hide, but do they conduct the same check up on the derivatives aswell?
In this case they will to check my back home country, and trace all the infos that
I submited, becase its not gonna be easy for them to verify it, I'm scared to go on AP
Because of that:(

I think a simple case gets less scrutiny than one that already has red flags. So things like marriage after selection, confusion over names on documents etc will get the case more attention - and then they would spend more time on the main applicant than the derivative. If you are the derivative and your case is straightforward I think there would be almost no checks done on the case at all.