• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My interview experience

gokhan8282

Registered Users (C)
Hello people.

i had my interview a month ago and due to sputum test thing i had to wait till today for the results.
they sent my medical report to embassy and tomorrow i am going to send my passport to embassy for temporary visa.
i had my interview with my wife, and we waited like 2 hours before the interview.

my wife and i were married after i won the lottery by the way.
we got lots of photos with us to Ankara.

We wanted to have our interview in Turkish but the guy did not know that much Turkish that's why we did the interview in English. He was a nice person.

We first swore.
At phone, when we called the embassy before the interview when we were making our documents ready, they said to me that it was not necessary to get bank documents which showed transactions from 1 year before. my wife got those documents in case, and they wanted those documents(transaction documents) during the interview.

after we gave that document, he asked me some questions.

He asked : What are you planning to do there?
I said : i am planning to work as a software developer

He asked : where are you planning to go?
i said : to San Francisco.

He asked : when did you meet?
I said : 2011 August something.
My wife said : No, it was december 2010. we met at december and started dating at august 2011.
I said : oh ok. :)

and then he said that everything was fine and to send our passports after the medical report was ok.

he did not want any photos or something, i think it was because we were nice as a couple or something :D.

and a question : i will send our passports tomorrow. how long does it take for the visa?

Hello people.

i had my interview a month ago and due to sputum test thing i had to wait till today for the results.
they sent my medical report to embassy and tomorrow i am going to send my passport to embassy for temporary visa.
i had my interview with my wife, and we waited like 2 hours before the interview.

We wanted to have our interview in Turkish but the guy did not know that much Turkish that's why we did the interview in English. He was a nice person.

We first swore.
At phone, when we called the embassy before the interview when we were making our documents ready, they said to me that it was not necessary to get bank documents which showed transactions from 1 year before. my wife got those documents in case, and they wanted those documents(transaction documents) during the interview.

My wife said : No, it was december 2010. we met at december and started dating at august 2011.
I said : oh ok. :)

and then he said that everything was fine and to send our passports after the medical report was ok.

he did not want any photos or something, i think it was because we were nice as a couple or something :D.

and a question : i will send our passports tomorrow. how long does it take for the visa?

Congratulation for ur visa and ur marriage .
U will get ur visa within less than 7 working days .

Hello people.

We first swore.

I said : oh ok.
:)

The best evidence for being a genuinely married couple: get into an argument right in front of the officer and then the man concedes. :)

BTW, congrats!

congratz my friend......... showing bank accounts has become important it seems... don't know what is the situation in Sri Lanka... but if i-134 is there, i don't think that bank a/c is important........ by the way thank u so much for sharing your experience my friend....

The best evidence for being a genuinely married couple: get into an argument right in front of the officer and then the man concedes. :)

BTW, congrats!

:)))) Thanks.

congratz my friend......... showing bank accounts has become important it seems... don't know what is the situation in Sri Lanka... but if i-134 is there, i don't think that bank a/c is important........ by the way thank u so much for sharing your experience my friend....

Thanks. my experience is that it is important to bring financial documents (transactional)

what are documents and procedures required?

:)))) Thanks.

Thanks. my experience is that it is important to bring financial documents (transactional)

Hi, congrats. Please I wish you help me get infos on the documents and procedures required to apply as a couple. Actually, I am a selectee for the dv 2014. I am an african and my fiance is an indian. We want to get married in april next year. I know that india is not an eligible country so, is his nationality going to spoil everything? If no, what do we do once we are married and before the interview day? Please guide me.

Hi, congrats. Please I wish you help me get infos on the documents and procedures required to apply as a couple. Actually, I am a selectee for the dv 2014. I am an african and my fiance is an indian. We want to get married in april next year. I know that india is not an eligible country so, is his nationality going to spoil everything? If no, what do we do once we are married and before the interview day? Please guide me.

This question has already been adequately answered on the other forum you posted on.

dv visa interview help

HI Guys i had my dv visa interview on 27/11/2013 in us embassy of london. they asked my for all the documents one by one and every thing i provided to them however i was asked for my police report from back home which i had got 4 years ago while coming to UK. Unfortunately i had not taken it with me due to which i could not give it to the interviewer during the time of interview. And on my second interview i got refusal letter saying that i failed to produce police report from my country while i had entered UK , so i was asked to resend my documents along with my passport again via post. but she also ticked saying my visa is refusal but told me its pending. I am sending my documents next week as the courier company had next available date the next week.
can any one let me know if my visa is being denied or i will get it? i am in big stress nowadays..please help me if any one had that situation and got result after sending documents?

HI Guys i had my dv visa interview on 27/11/2013 in us embassy of london. they asked my for all the documents one by one and every thing i provided to them however i was asked for my police report from back home which i had got 4 years ago while coming to UK. Unfortunately i had not taken it with me due to which i could not give it to the interviewer during the time of interview. And on my second interview i got refusal letter saying that i failed to produce police report from my country while i had entered UK , so i was asked to resend my documents along with my passport again via post. but she also ticked saying my visa is refusal but told me its pending. I am sending my documents next week as the courier company had next available date the next week.
can any one let me know if my visa is being denied or i will get it? i am in big stress nowadays..please help me if any one had that situation and got result after sending documents?

It sounds like you are on AP, pending you providing the police report. Once you provide a satisfactory police report they would then issue the visa. It is a good sign that they asked for you to send in your passport - they only need that if they are going to issue a visa.

Have you requested a more up to date police report or did you mention that the one you were going to provide was an old one?

It sounds like you are on AP, pending you providing the police report. Once you provide a satisfactory police report they would then issue the visa. It is a good sign that they asked for you to send in your passport - they only need that if they are going to issue a visa.

Have you requested a more up to date police report or did you mention that the one you were going to provide was an old one?[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your reply.
I had repeatedly said her that i had left my country fours ago so i have only got that old police report from my country during of 2009 when i came to UK. but i also provided her my latest police report from UK . i told her that the police report from my country had expired so i didnt bring it during interview and also made her clear that i dont have any recent from my country. i hope she understood me. but she returned my passport and told me that she need that old police report. I hope my visa will not be refused..

Have you requested a more up to date police report or did you mention that the one you were going to provide was an old one?

I had repeatedly said her that i had left my country fours ago so i have only got that old police report from my country during of 2009 when i came to UK. but i also provided her my latest police report from UK . i told her that the police report from my country had expired so i didnt bring it during interview and also made her clear that i dont have any recent from my country. i hope she understood me. but she returned my passport and told me that she need that old police report. I hope my visa will not be refused..[/QUOTE]

What country are you from?Did you check the dvselectee website about their expectation for the police report?

I had repeatedly said her that i had left my country fours ago so i have only got that old police report from my country during of 2009 when i came to UK. but i also provided her my latest police report from UK . i told her that the police report from my country had expired so i didnt bring it during interview and also made her clear that i dont have any recent from my country. i hope she understood me. but she returned my passport and told me that she need that old police report. I hope my visa will not be refused..[/QUOTE]

Hi
Do they still have your passport or no?
And do they still have any original documents of you?

I had repeatedly said her that i had left my country fours ago so i have only got that old police report from my country during of 2009 when i came to UK. but i also provided her my latest police report from UK . i told her that the police report from my country had expired so i didnt bring it during interview and also made her clear that i dont have any recent from my country. i hope she understood me. but she returned my passport and told me that she need that old police report. I hope my visa will not be refused..

You need to provide unexpired police reports from all countries you've lived in for 12 months or longer since you were 16, unless the dvselectee website lists them as being unavailable. Are you certain that she said she will accept the expired one? Many people are in the same situation as you where they have not lived in a country for some years but in most instances you can still get a recently issued police report. Just because you repeatedly told her you didn't have the document doesn't change the fact that it is required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did u get a police cleareance from ur original country ? Or not yet?

QUOTE=vladek15425;2665079]Did u get a police cleareance from ur original country ? Or not yet?[/QUOTE]
Thank you vladek for your reply

I have police clearance letter from my original country which was issued before 4 years ago and i am living in UK since 2009 and i go to my country for holidays. i cant make new police report until i go back and its not possible instantly to go and make new police report.
Since i am living since 2009 in uk i had also given her my police report from here. i dont know what to do now...