• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My interview experience

You need to provide unexpired police reports from all countries you've lived in for 12 months or longer since you were 16, unless the dvselectee website lists them as being unavailable. Are you certain that she said she will accept the expired one? Many people are in the same situation as you where they have not lived in a country for some years but in most instances you can still get a recently issued police report. Just because you repeatedly told her you didn't have the document doesn't change the fact that it is required.

I told first interviewer that my police report from my country has already expired and was made during 2009 so i didnot bring it and i am living in UK since 2009 so i have got police report from here.. and same thing i told my second interviewer as well but she told me thats fine but please send it to us..and she returned my passport and docts. I dont know if she meant toget recent police report from my country.. if thats the case then i wont be able to get it until i go back home.. its more confusing..

I told first interviewer that my police report from my country has already expired and was made during 2009 so i didnot bring it and i am living in UK since 2009 so i have got police report from here.. and same thing i told my second interviewer as well but she told me thats fine but please send it to us..and she returned my passport and docts. I dont know if she meant toget recent police report from my country.. if thats the case then i wont be able to get it until i go back home.. its more confusing..

My friend
I'm affraid they will not wait for untill u go on hollidays to get them a PL
From ur home counrty.

Do you have to request a police certificate in person from your country? For many countries you can do it via the embassy or special service companies who get documents.

I'm assuming you are familiar with this page and the relevant links on it: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

Did she keep any of your documents?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bhakta86 you need to find a way to get a police certificate from your original country if it is required. You don't seem to listen to the advice given, which country are you from?

I lived in the UK for 11 years and left my country just after turning 17, they still asked for the police report and I made sure that I had it. Their instructions clearly state that you need a police certificate and you could have made provisions for that, but that being said, it's not too late to get one if they still have your papers. Just don't wait too long.

Bhakta86 you need to find a way to get a police certificate from your original country if it is required. You don't seem to listen to the advice given, which country are you from?

I lived in the UK for 11 years and left my country just after turning 17, they still asked for the police report and I made sure that I had it. Their instructions clearly state that you need a police certificate and you could have made provisions for that, but that being said, it's not too late to get one if they still have your papers. Just don't wait too long.

Thank your for your advise,
I have one police report during time of 2009 and dont have recent one from my country as i have not stayed in home more than a month after 2009. i have submitted one which i had produced from UK . I told her i dont have recent one from my coutnry, but still she asked me send it to them.I hope it wont make a problem. I am sending it today and at the mean time I am thinking of calling to My countrys embassy to seek assistance if i can produce one from here of if there is any other way around.

Thank your for your advise,
I have one police report during time of 2009 and dont have recent one from my country as i have not stayed in home more than a month after 2009. i have submitted one which i had produced from UK . I told her i dont have recent one from my coutnry, but still she asked me send it to them.I hope it wont make a problem. I am sending it today and at the mean time I am thinking of calling to My countrys embassy to seek assistance if i can produce one from here of if there is any other way around.

Have you read what the requirements for police certificates are? "Hoping" it won't be a problem is a bad strategy.

POLICE CERTIFICATES: Each visa applicant at least 16 years of age must submit an original police certificate from the police authorities of the applicant's country of current residence if the applicant has resided there for at least six months after attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year after attaining the age of sixteen. A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any country where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of how long he or she lived there. Police certificates must cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in any area.

POLICE CERTIFICATES: Each visa applicant at least 16 years of age must submit an original police certificate from the police authorities of the applicant's country of current residence if the applicant has resided there for at least six months after attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year after attaining the age of sixteen. A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any country where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of how long he or she lived there. Police certificates must cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in any area.

Thank you very much for your reply. You all have been very helpful for me and I appreciate you all.

they have taken a copy of all my documents however they returned my all original document and have asked to send my passport along with the police report. To make a latest police report from my country is very difficult as i have to be there myself.
finger cross..

Thank you very much for your reply. You all have been very helpful for me and I appreciate you all.

they have taken a copy of all my documents however they returned my all original document and have asked to send my passport along with the police report. To make a latest police report from my country is very difficult as i have to be there myself.
finger cross..

Is that what it says on the dvselectee reciprocity page for your country??? What it says there is the standard you need to meet.

It would really help you to tell us what is your home country!!!

Gokhan Bey, tebrik ederim. Eşinizle Amerika'da güzel bir yaşam sürmeniz dileğimle.

English : Thank you for information, wish you all the best in the USA.

Tesekkur ederim Fanarin. Artik sadece pasaportlari teslim alma isi kaldi onu beklemesi de ayri bir dert.

OK so for Nepal he would need to obtain an up to date police cert.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9693

Hi Guys I am very thankful to you for your kind guidance.
I am From Nepal and I checked the link however i could not understand visa classification table.
In the interview i had told my interviewer that i dont have updated police report after 2009 when i came to london in student visa. she didnot tell me to send updated but jsut asked me to send it.
Today i sent it along with my passport to embassy . Will they reject my visa now?
I think i did stupid thing, but the interviewer didnot tell me send updated or recent one. i had told her i have only the old one from Nepal during time of 2009.
please advise me what should I do now...

I am From Nepal and I checked the link however i could not understand visa classification table.
In the interview i had told my interviewer that i dont have updated police report after 2009 when i came to london in student visa. she didnot tell me to send updated but jsut asked me to send it.
Today i sent it along with my passport to embassy . Will they reject my visa now?
I think i did stupid thing, but the interviewer didnot tell me send updated or recent one. i had told her i have only the old one from Nepal during time of 2009.
I think u should bite the bullet and fly over to nepal and get an updated police clearance. And send it through dhl asap.
Giving an old PC was a bad move in my opinion.

I think u should bite the bullet and fly over to nepal and get an updated police clearance. And send it through dhl asap.
Giving an old PC was a bad move in my opinion.

I don't think they can reasonably expect someone to fly to another country to get a police report. In the reciprocity pages of some countries it states that the person must be present in the country but for Nepal it does not say that. To me, that suggests that the police report should be available by mail, or perhaps by using an agent to physically go to the office. Personally I would have tried that.

However, at this point (seeing as you sent the old one) you have to just hope they are reasonable and believe that you haven't returned to Nepal during these 4 years. You probably couldn't do much before they receive your documents and make a decision. Fingers crossed for you...

I don't think they can reasonably expect someone to fly to another country to get a police report. In the reciprocity pages of some countries it states that the person must be present in the country but for Nepal it does not say that. To me, that suggests that the police report should be available by mail, or perhaps by using an agent to physically go to the office. Personally I would have tried that.

However, at this point (seeing as you sent the old one) you have to just hope they are reasonable and believe that you haven't returned to Nepal during these 4 years. You probably couldn't do much before they receive your documents and make a decision. Fingers crossed for you...

Well I have been to my country but for very short periods during last 4 years. I had explained that to my interviewer as well. i will ask my parents to process police report and send it to me. I never thought that i would require recent police report because I had told my interviewer that i dont have recent one from my country but she had said its not a problem but send it to us. so i didnot think of the recent one..:confused:

Well I have been to my country but for very short periods during last 4 years. I had explained that to my interviewer as well. i will ask my parents to process police report and send it to me. I never thought that i would require recent police report because I had told my interviewer that i dont have recent one from my country but she had said its not a problem but send it to us. so i didnot think of the recent one..:confused:

If anyhow they findout uve been there for even short periodes. U will be in trouble! Finger cross for u

If anyhow they findout uve been there for even short periodes. U will be in trouble! Finger cross for u

Thank you everyone for your kind advise and guidance..
I will update you all of the outcome after they process my documents receiving my old police report..
I know they will reject my visa :'(

Usually, the only time an expired PCC is acceptable is if the applicant hasn't been back in the country since the PCC was previously issued, and that is not the case here. I would be pleasantly surprised if the CO accepts that PCC when the OP has already informed him/her that he's been back to his home country a couple of times since the PCC was issued. If that comment did not register with the CO, there's a high possibility of the expired PCC being accepted.