My asylum interview after 3 weeks

alex987

Registered Users (C)
Hey everybody, my interview soon, i found a lot of documents and pictures and letters from witnesses.
I am very worry, i am not sure what i need to do, can you give me any advice please ? I need some experience from you guys how was your interview. Were they very criticized ? How do they treat you ?

Thank you

from my view, most ppl didnt get their asylum status from interview, unless u demonstrated well founded fear and gave em some evidence. but most ppl failed at this stage cause the lawyer hasnt work yet, they started to work at master hearing, thats after the interview

Should be practising for at leaast 2 to 3 months b4 interview. Then u r good to go but depends on ur oral and written testimoney as well as supporting documents

Don't worry..you will be fine..i ve got my asylum from an interview long time ago..i never gonna forget that day..
you will be asylee soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your comments guys, my attorny said we have more then enough document and evidence, i am little bit worry, i want to feel the freedom. Please pray for me :)

I talked with my attorney today, she told me , i have more then enough documents, and evidence, i just need to be comfortable about my interview because i am little bite nervous :)
I will keep posting ... Please pray for me :)

Please can anybody help me ? I have been trying to register to online check immigration website, but there is a problem, my receipt number is not valid, i have not had my interview yet, is that normal ?

Please can anybody help me ? I have been trying to register to online check immigration website, but there is a problem, my receipt number is not valid, i have not had my interview yet, is that normal ?

Asylum applications can't be checked on uscis websit. You will be able to check it on uscsis website only if you get the final approval from only USCIS not from the immigration judge.
Please let us know how your interview goes. I will be praying for you.

you know what helped me? imagine IO you have to talk to as a doctor - and you came with some unpleasant medical diagnosis to talk about. how do you speak with a doctor? calmly, trying to explain all causes and reactions, so I believe conversation with IO very close to this. hope it helps.

Thank you very much man, my interview is tomorrow, and i will remember that advice :) i believe that's going to help me...

Hi, everybody finally it s done :) actually my interview was tues but AO rescheduled and today i was done. Here is the details :)

My appointment was 9 30, 11 15 she called us to the her office.First she asked me basic questions like where i am living or name city like that, then she begun to asked me about asylum first question was why did you leave your country?In total she asked me 5-6 question about my asylum case.She passed most of things.I have some medical prescriptions but they were with my language, after interview she said ı have to translated and send her next week.In total was 45 minutes.She was really nice and kind. If you wanna know any detail please ask me :) By the way i dont know about my case if its good or not .... I will have the results within 10 days....

My interview is in three weeks too. I have no attorney but i feel strong and confident with my case by myself. My question is what are the trick questions they ask? I need your prayers too!

I will pray for you bro :) Actually AO didn't ask me tricky question, just general some question , it was very fast, didn't ask me almost any detail, i don't know why, asked me about hospital records, but never tricky..OWW and she asked to write down all in my case names :) she checked if it spell correct or not i think :)
Even i don't know about my interview good or bad...

I have some medical prescriptions but they were with my language, after interview she said ı have to translated and send her next week.

You might have a high chance of getting approved. If she wanted to reject your case, she would not have asked you to send the hospital records.
I think the decision might be based on how good those hospital records are. God bless you.

just sharing some of my experience back then when i got interviewed
find a fluent translator if u cant speak fluently, i failed at interview because my intepreter trying to describe my word like machine, the result is clear, what she said for interpret my reasoning doesnt like pure from my heart, its like being manipulated.and second, dont come late, come about 1 hour before, dont bring any food, or any drink, cause they will get thrown away once u entering the waiting room. and be sure to greet the IO nicely when u guys met at first time, sure that will give good impression
good luck