My asylum interview after 3 weeks

hi everybody ,I apply for asylum on July 1th and i received my finger print notice on July 9 but still after 37 days of filing case I am waiting for my interview notice . it is normal ? how long does it take usually ? I am really worry about it .

thank you

i waited 5 months for my interview, of course its normal, it depends on immigration schedule...Dont worry, after 150 days apply for the work permit...
Good luck...

i filed my case in a 8 central office it means i should be receive interview notice after 21 days .

Today my attorney sent the request for additional evidence, she faxed like AO asked, and now i am in process to waiting to decision...Its really hard to wait.
Do you know guys how long does take to get mail ???

hey Alex,
I noticed you mentioned medical records, was the medical one of the grounds for your asylum case

Did you receive the decision?? I have filed my asylum application in may in Houston and havent even received the receipt notice...Can someone share their experience of when they received their receipt notice and finger printing from USCIS?? I am very anxious and My lawyer is giving me a new story every day...

Did you receive the decision?? I have filed my asylum application in may in Houston and havent even received the receipt notice...Can someone share their experience of when they received their receipt notice and finger printing from USCIS?? I am very anxious

Last edited by a moderator:
should aware of scam, because if u didnt receive recepit, maybe ur lawyer didnt send the files, cause when USCIS receiving ur file, they will send notification to ur lawyer and to ur address.i got a friend who got scammed by certain lawyer, beware

I havent got any decision yet, it has been 10 days.After i sent the app i think after 1 week i got the receipt , something is wrong with your application, do you have attorney ?

Did you receive the decision?? I have filed my asylum application in may in Houston and havent even received the receipt notice...Can someone share their experience of when they received their receipt notice and finger printing from USCIS?? I am very anxious and My lawyer is giving me a new story every day...

Call the asylum office that has the jurisdiction of your case. Find the number from uscis.gov
Ask them whether they received the application or not.

I have already been calling houston asylum office but they are not answering call regarding asylum right now...I am helpless...

I have already been calling houston asylum office but they are not answering call regarding asylum right now...I am helpless...Last month I told my Layer that he hasnt filed my application and he Said "If you wont trust me then I'll lose interest in your case" .... I dont have money to pay to another lawyer...I have already wasted 10 months with this lawyer...what should I do...

If you are close to Houston asylum office, then go there in person and talk to the receptionist in the front desk. Take your ID and passport with you. They will be able to tell you whether they received your application or not.

I have already been calling houston asylum office but they are not answering call regarding asylum right now...I am helpless...Last month I told my Layer that he hasnt filed my application and he Said "If you wont trust me then I'll lose interest in your case" .... I dont have money to pay to another lawyer...I have already wasted 10 months with this lawyer...what should I do...

I am really sorry for that my friend.Thats very sad.You should do something.First try to go the office and ask them about your case, also, your attorney can not act like that they have bosses too.You have already paid him, Even he is really good lawyer, that does not mean he can be liar to you.It is a service.First figure out from the office if your application in or not, I am really sorry for your situation , i will pray for you....

I applied on June 28 2010, received notice for fingerprint on July 6, and interview appointment was on july 27. I have not receive the decision notice yet. I'm very sorry for your situation, and wish you the best.
Just the answer that your lawyer gave you regarding loosing interest in your case if you dont trust him ....means that he is not a good person. You PAID him for service and advice.....a good lawyer understands your situation and bears with you. Do you have a copy of your application? a mail receipt?
When I sent my application to the Houston TX service office I request a tracking number in the post office.. If your lawyer mailed, ask him for that information and track the package online. Keep calling Houston until you get an answer, or the Asylum Office in your state.
Please keep us informed about your situation. I really wish you the best, and I will pray for you.
God Bless U

I am not sure what to do now...I cant afford to hire another lawyer.