Mumbai Feb interview Dates are out

I check the Mumbai Web -Site - Mine is same as they told me before -

Any one have interview date 2/26/2002 ( Feb -26 -2002 ) ? I saw more
than 5 + EB candidate on 2/26/2002.. Post detail .. we can communicate .. or send me a mail on sgurjar@gcr.com..

Thanks

packet 4/appointment letter

Is Packet 4 the same as the appointment letter? Also, has anyone received it as yet?

Feb interview info, DD, etc.

Hello,

The exchange rate (for US consulate) has changed beginning Jan 14, 2002 to Rs.49/USD. It might change (increase/decrease) again. If it decreases, it\'s upto us to decide if you want to give the extra money to the consulate (they would be more than happy to take it). BUT - if it increases, the demand draft will be for lesser amount in Rs. Does the consulate accept cash for the difference? or is it wise to wait and issue DD only when you are close enuf to the interview?

On a lighter note....cheer up!

Hello,

Noting that there is too little Calcutta consulate activities on this forum, and unable to resist my curiosity anymore regarding the same, I visited the webpage for Calcutta. The funny thing I found was and it reads something like, "For Immigrant Visa Information, see the Non-Immigrant Visa Information". I stopped at that.

Feb Holidays in India

For all Feb CPers, keep these dates in mind when you plan:

Friday, Feb 8, 2002: US consulate closed, 2nd friday of the month
Monday, Feb 18, 2002: US consulate closed due to President\'s Day
Tuesday, Feb 19, 2002: Shivaji Jayanti and a statewide Holiday in Maharashtra.
Friday, Feb 22, 2002: US consulate close, 4th Friday of the month.

Please check the holidays and confirm it. This is just what I came to know.

Hi SAM_GC, gcneeded - you guys says that you received at local a

you guys says that you received at local address - that means in INDIA right ? Is it in Bombay or somewhere else ? I am in Ahmedabad - I am waiting for my P4 - they mailed on 4th Jan ..

Thanks guys

No Title

Got my butt kicked all day at CGNY...

finally the consular met me ( by chance ) at 5.30 PM .
He said that altho I applied on Dec 12th , and in theory they wait only one month, for some reason they only faxed bombay on dec 19th.
So he cannot issue my wife a PCC before Monday . I m flying on Saturday , and so will not get it.

I feel helpless and frustrated !!
I can now understand where the violence and hatred in the world comes from , its from this feeling of being cornered, after all your options are exausted .

Why the hell does the DOS bring in this last minute rule for PCC\' /
why does the CGNY screw up the faxes ?
why does the "SOB" paaport officer at Sahar airport harass people for PCC \'s , when he know s that no one has it ?
was life meant to be this tough !!

why is everybody out to get me !!

Re: wantAgc

don\'t worry buddy. you are almost there. just a couple more weeks. keep at it. you will find your way. there is light at the end of the tunnel.

have a friend collect it from CGNY for you and fedex and also fax it to you in Bombay.

good luck!!!

I-824 still not approved!

My I-824 was filed in 2nd week of October and is still not approved. My interview is in Feb. What happens if the 824 application is still not approved?

mm123...two independent and parallel routes

Assuming you got interview under AC140 (of course, there is no other way)...you don\'t have to worry what happens to your I-824. by the time NVC gets your file and the governmental clerks move your file from INS to NVC, you would be back here with your green card. just neglect what NVC sends to you later on. and smile....

Employment letter question....

Who should sign the employment letter? I think it should be anybody authorized to do so...i am taking it from my HR representative. But wanted to verify it with you all. thanks in advance.

anybody else on Feb 25 at Mumbai

Per webiste of US consulate, there are 11 EB2 cases on feb 25th. i am one of them. is there anybody else on this board?

Shriganesh, HR letter should be fine... I got from the Vice president ...

Get on the letter head and don\'t forget to notorize it ...