Mumbai Feb interview Dates are out

can someone else collect the PCC for you.

I thought you need your passport for this.
If I m in India ..how can someone else pick it up from here ?

thx

PCC story in India...

Hello,

My parents went to

Passport office in Worli, Mumbai: They were given 3 forms to fill. While one window said I must be there in person to apply, the other guy agreed to accept application on my behalf. But both demanded original passport. Also, my parents were informed that it would take 30-45 days to get PCC. I guess this route is closed now.

Local Police Station: The officer said they cannot issue anything until the passport office requests information. Thus this route also seems shady.

I guess, I will finally be able to manage the PCC from Indian consulate here in the US. And US consulate will understand as most of us might face the same dilemma.

Haven\'t received P4 yet.

In that case I m totally cornered.

If Mumbai passport office will not give the PCC and
CGNY wants to wait a week more , i m flying on Saturday , got my marriage on Jan 25th , so I have to fly on that day.

Basically , I m in hot water now.

I ve begun to understand why wall street bankers get heart attacks at 30. I m not able to sleep at night , worrying about this crap.
Its these crazy levels of stress , Just 2 weeks to go for my CP now .. will I get it or will I not ?

anything is possible at the Indian consulate

wantAgc, I would suggest this. Go and talk in person with the officer who deals with PCC at the consulate. Explain your situation, if they want, they can give you the PCC right away. ...if they don\'t feel like it, try to get a small note from him/her which would allow somebody else to pick up the PCC on your behalf..

In the worst case, pay a mailing fee to the Consulate and they can probably mail it to the address on your passport...

Must be a way out....

Hello,

everybody\'s in the same boat almost. Try to get your PCC from CGNY. If not, try to get documentation (receipts, etc.) as an evidence of your hard efforts to get PCC. US consulate is logical and will consider it. The reason why I say this is although PCC is required from feb 1, unlike New Delhi, Mumbai & Chennai have no set rules or guidelines. All they have is that word document with 5 bulleted points. But they cannot explain any of it. they simply do not respond with details.

secondly, as i mentioned, you can argue that you should be grandfathered under the rule at the time of your case creation. you indeed tried to get PCC (show your documents) but if you can\'t get it, you can\'t get it. i think if US consulate sees this as a recurring problem with EB based people (it is tough for us since we stay outside india), they will keep pushing the dates till the NVCs new procedure via Missouri.

I am taking printouts of all email communications with the US consulate. also receipt from Indian consulate. i will apply for PCC in India at RPO and will present the photocopy of it. do whatever you can.

one more thing: this is a documentation issue. it will not deny you GC but will delay it. remember, the world does not end there.

so relax...i have a feeling that everything will be alright. try to get your other documentation OK.

shri ganesh

You are right . The world does not end.
Iwas extremely stressed about this , but now I ve decided to
take it easy . I ve done all I could, what has to happen will happen now.

As for the US embassy having at least an ounce if common sense .
YEs its true , they should . But they could always argue saying that its a state department ruling and that they cannot control it.

Its just the feeling of being at someones mercy , which gives you a feeling of helplessness. I wanted to go fly to bbbay knowing that I have all I need.

Then again , life does nt always go as planned. I need to accept that.

All Mumbai Feb CPers....do we want to follow New Delhi?..it might work for PCC.

please follow the link below. whether you get your PCC from all the places or not, there might be folks who have hard time getting it. lets have this as a concerted effort so that everybody comes out smiling at the end of Feb (and thereafter).

Vishal Gupta "Mumbai Feb PCC Issue..." 1/16/02 8:47pm

b OR

http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?230@@.efd412a and go to Message 5 from Vishal Gupta.

wantAgc...answer to your question in another discussion....

Hello,

the question was: how come there are no posting from successful Jan CPers.

I think I saw at least one (but I may be dreaming). But study the chart below. There were only 5 interviews till Jan 14. There were 19 more on Jan 15, 16, 17. Assuming only one-third of those are active on this web...we have 8 people. many might not have internet in Mumbai or are not from Mumbai and so...it is still early. we should see some postings next week though. how was it during december from december CPers?

Date # Intv % of total EB for Jan
01/01/02 0 .00%
01/02/02 2 1.87%
01/03/02 2 3.74%
01/04/02 0 3.74%
01/05/02 0 3.74%
01/06/02 0 3.74%
01/07/02 0 3.74%
01/08/02 0 3.74%
01/09/02 0 3.74%
01/10/02 1 4.67%
01/11/02 0 4.67%
01/12/02 0 4.67%
01/13/02 0 4.67%
01/14/02 0 4.67%
01/15/02 5 9.35%
01/16/02 6 14.95%
01/17/02 8 22.43%
01/18/02 10 31.78%
01/19/02 0 31.78%
01/20/02 0 31.78%
01/21/02 0 31.78%
01/22/02 9 40.19%
01/23/02 10 49.53%
01/24/02 11 59.81%
01/25/02 0 59.81%
01/26/02 0 59.81%
01/27/02 0 59.81%
01/28/02 10 69.16%
01/29/02 11 79.44%
01/30/02 10 88.79%
01/31/02 12 100.00%

I m all set to leave..

tomorrow eve ..
and guess what 4-6 inches of snow expected tomorrow in jesrey.

Got my fingers crossed.

Good luck...you will be the first in Feb

Pls post your exp. once u done ..specially PCC thing..it will be helpful to all Feb cp\'ers

P4 received in India...got PCC from SF in 30 days

Hello,

Two more things happened today. I got my PCC from SF Consulate after 30 days. I also got news that my parents received P4 (my father called me up). i have asked them to check about PCC. but i am not going to try harder to get it from indian authorities.

secondly, i will get sailing permit tomorrow. i am not going to file 2001 tax returns. i have lots of itemized deduction and just cannot do that.

Shriganesh,

When did consulate mail packet 4 to you ? My dad in India did not get Packet 4 till now ...they said that they mail packet 4 on Jan 4 ....

Packet 4

My attorney received the Packet 4 from the Mumbai Consulate today.

Interview - Feb 27th 9:30 AM

Yes. I am expecting in Ahmedabad.

When are you planning to leave for bomaby .. I am planning on 20th Feb ..have interview on 26th ..

Strange about P4 !!!

I did not mention about my lawyer and they send my Packet 4 to my
Lawyer .. I did mention in covering letter that please send me the
interview letter at my inidan address ... I don\'t how this one worked .. Anyway My lawyer got the P4 ..

Shreeganesh , When are you planning to fly ? I am on 2/20 ..

PCC In mumbai

looks like I ll be able to get the PCC from the RPO in
mumbai after all.
its a 1 hour issue here ( if you have the right contacts or MOney ).
They already have the poliec recoed on file ..so its easy .
I ll know tomorrow morning when I get it.( pray for me ) .

slow speeds here .. so will post more later..
plan to medical at breach candy on Monday .. 28th Jan.called
and fixed date.
Already finished with the photos today from "My own photo studio"
in breach candy.