Mumbai Feb interview Dates are out

sgurjar...i am leaving on feb 14th

hello,

I am leaving on Feb 14th and flying NW all the way. personal work in mumbai. interview on 25th and returning in march.

good luck

wantAgc....great going...keep it up.

I did get a response from the US consulate saying that PCC from Indian consulate in the US will do. so i will take a printout of that and present it to them if they create problems. unfortunately the response came a bit late and my friends+relatives (and who all...) have already started turning the wheel on the system to get PCC for me. so when I reach Mumbai nagri, i will give ONE (& ONLY ONE) final push. if not, i am not worried now.

the email is a two-word response and is ambiguous. but it can be considered 99.9% positive and .1% negative (and i think it\'s my mind that creates that .1% of doubt)

Packet 4

My lawyer asked them to mail the packet to his office. And guess what the consulate did? You\'re right...they mailed it to my local address in Mumbai!

I\'ll be leaving for Mumbai on 2/22. Interview on 2/27 9.30 am.

Feb 27th Interview

Going to India on Feb 16th by NorthWest via Detroit. Got a deal of 996(Inclusive of taxes)

Medicals at Hinduja on Feb 20th.

Interview on Feb 27th at 9:30 AM.

Just came to know that the PCC for my wife and I has been approved at CGNY. I had applied for it on Dec 12. Picking it up tomorrow.

Natcam - name of your travel agent ?

I am not sure if you have already posted it in the past, but could you please do it again so that I can try and book my tickets ? I am planning on flying NW from Minneapolis to Delhi.
Thanks.

Hi Guys, I received my Packet 4 at my US address .. nice one ..huh !!

Can we pay cash or traveller cheque at Mumbai consulate ? I saw some
people do that ..

shri Ganesh

Man
there making me dance here for the PCC.
They say they can give it one hour , if they can
see your record on their screens .
Unfortunately some server is offline .. so untils thats
back online.
Further even once its online , no guarantee that the record will show.

Plus my wife has to be personnal present while applying.
Further , they need the passport with them during all this.
I was forced to leave it there .. am a bit nervous.
All this jazz right in the middle of my wedding is ver difficult and painful.

I walk thru the valley of darkness and I fear no evil.

Let me just say one last thing .
All of you guys are lucky , you managed to run away from India.
The passport office in Worli convinced me of this.

No Title

Read on this board that they\'re not accepting cash anymore. They did that for sometime and later, there were a few cases where cash was refused.

Hang in there, WantAgc

Hopefully, the server will be back up and they\'ll be able to issue you a PCC soon!

You\'re right about the Indian babu-raj "system" - it\'s hopeless.

PCC...update from my wife in India

Hello,

as I had mentioned earlier, I would try to get PCC from India RPO and Police Station but I wouldn\'t spend a lot of time. I already have the PCC from Indian Consulate here and an email from Consulate that that is enough. Although P4 mentions about two PCC (RPO & police station in India), remember that these packets are geared towards family based candidates who are already in India. If you closely look at the DS230 forms, they are also geared for people in India. In our cases - NRIs, getting it from Indian consulate here is equivalent to getting it from RPO/Police Station since Indian consulate sends it to RPO anyway.

b anyway, update from my wife:
My wife is in India now and she tried to obtain PCC with and without contacts/agents/etc. The deal is police station won\'t issue anything till they receive a request from passport office. So you go to RPO. But Passport office needs to collect your original passport for 10-20 days. I do not prefer to give away my passport. Plus what if those 10-20 days extend into 40 days. I guess that solves the dilemma.

b Now I will simply carry the PCC from Indian consulate. And I am confident about the same.

I wrote this to encourage those who are still frustrated - justifiable - with all the confusion regarding PCC.

PCC Obtained

Folks,

I got the PCCs for my wife and I yesterday from CGNY.

I had applied on December 11th.

I kept calling them every 3rd day. Finally yesterday I got it.

The Visa/Passport section at CGNY is a mess.

When you go to collect your PCC, DO NOT take the token and wait forr your token to be called. Instead stand in the line at the Information window.

The lady out there will ask you to write down your details like Name, Date PCC applied for and the receipt number on a piece of paper and submit to her.

She would then send that piece of paper to the concerned section to check if your PCC indeed is approved.

Once she hears back from the person inside, she takes your passport(s) and asks you to come back in the evening.

This whole wait in the morning to submit the passport could take about 2 hours. So be prepared for the long wait.

All the best.

Good Natcam....lets have a final update on PCC from Feb CPers

It looks like most of us have or will get in time the PCC from Indian consulate. I just read a posting by
b gchowdh
with email from consulate saying PCC from Police station is also required.

My wife found out that it is NOT possible - given the short time - to obtain PCC from any place in India, especially if you don\'t want to give away your passport. I (and I think Natcam too) have an email from consulate saying Indian consulate PCC is enough. I have hence decided not to get stressed out anymore.

Any other input? All of us will be leaving for India (wantAgc is already there) soon.

wantAgc 1-Feb
ds47 1-Feb
jadu1 4-Feb
cp_15 15-Feb
gcneeded 15-Feb
MR 19-Feb
b1 20-Feb
sam_gc 21-Feb
gchowdh 25-Feb
shri ganesh 25-Feb
sgurgar 26-Feb
google_hs 27-Feb
natcam 27-Feb
140withVSC 27-Feb
mm123 27-Feb
Ogre 28-Feb
GoLions 28-Feb
dew 28-Feb

Is Packet 4 delivered by register post?

Hi

Is Packet 4 in India is delivered by registered post (or) just normal post.Please confirm.

Regards,