Movement To Remove Retrogression And Have A Better Life

a draft

guys,
i just copied some text from one of the drafts posted here and some text from one of the threds to get this draft.
I hope this draft would attract more actions from all the stakeholders here. Please pour in your suggestions to modify this letter. In the end we will get one good formed letter.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Date
From
xxx xxxxxxx
xxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx, xx xxxxx

To
The Honorable xxxx xxxxxxx
House of Representatives
xxxx xxxxxxxxxx
Washington, DC

Dear Sir,
We pray this mail finds you in the pink of health and vigor.
This is a concerted effort from a group of technical professionals here in USA on non-immigrant H1B visa from different countries, aspiring to immigrate to this great country where our strength and expertise can be utilized for the furtherance of the interest of this country.
Our dreams and aspirations to immigrate have been jeopardized due to the restrictions in visa numbers, which has led the UCICS to retrogress employment, based (EB3) visas and eventually stop processing new cases. We feel totally let down after years of anxious waiting; UCICS has taken this extreme step and has thrashed our dreams.
I request you to support the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005 (H.R. 2330). This bill offers the necessary fix to our broken immigration system: comprehensive reform that combines tough enforcement measures with rational laws that make sense in today's world. This bipartisan and bicameral measure seeks to transform our immigration system into one that is safe, legal, controlled and orderly. It would:
Allow people to earn their permanent residency if they would not displace a U.S. worker.
Allow People Who Are Here the Opportunity to earn their Adjustment: This measure would give undocumented immigrants currently in the U.S. who work hard, pay taxes, are learning English, and pass security clearances the opportunity to earn their permanent residency. This measure also includes strict fines and penalties for those already in this country and tough punishments for employers who hire undocumented workers. It would mandate the creation of a secure identification document and an employment eligibility confirmation system so employers will know that people seeking work are here legally.
Reunify Families: This bill would clear out the long backlogs in family-based immigration that keep close family members separated, some for up to twenty years. Such long separations make no sense in our pro-family nation, reflect poorly on us, and ultimately encourage illegal immigration.
May I request you to kindly support the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005 (H.R. 2330). By tackling the tough issues, it would address the problems that have long plagued our current immigration system and help make us more secure.
Sincerely,
xxxx xxxxxxxxxx

485Nebraska said:
guys,
i just copied some text from one of the drafts posted here and some text from one of the threds to get this draft.
I hope this draft would attract more actions from all the stakeholders here. Please pour in your suggestions to modify this letter. In the end we will get one good formed letter.
I request you to support the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005 (H.R. 2330). This bill offers the necessary fix to our broken immigration system: comprehensive reform that combines tough enforcement measures with rational laws that make sense in today's world. This bipartisan and bicameral measure seeks to transform our immigration system into one that is safe, legal, controlled and orderly. It would:
--------

Does the bill address us ? I mean the people that are here legally and are waiting in the line for so many years ? From what I can read from the text of the bill it is specifically designed for the illegal immigrants.
It may well appear that if the bill passes we can forget about our green cards as processing times may increase dramatically. We've seen this already earlier when 245(i) provision increased DOL processing times from 4 months to 3-4 years.

sbdol said:
Does the bill address us ? I mean the people that are here legally and are waiting in the line for so many years ? From what I can read from the text of the bill it is specifically designed for the illegal immigrants.
This bill has sections that do address us. The problem with the draft above is that it is a copy from the AILA's website (no offense intended). The nurses bill has been an indicator - if we do not point out our problems, they would not be addressed. It might as well turn out that the illegal immigrants get benefits. Hence it is important that we write something to the effect of
"Section 601 (d) of S.1033 , the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act (introduced in Senate) recommends increasing the yearly quota to 290,000 and incorporates some visa number recapture from the previous years. This would help in alleviating our problems by making a higher number of visa numbers available. Section 603 (b) also seeks to increase the availability of the visas to the third preference category most affected by retrogression.
I urge you to support this pending legislation that incorporates all these changes. "

Sandeep

Sending Letters

Are we sending any letters. If we are what is the format, i would like to send one.Actually, i am planing to ask my friends also, i can manage to send atleast 20 letters from different people.

Thanks

pasupuleti said:
Are we sending any letters. If we are what is the format, i would like to send one.Actually, i am planing to ask my friends also, i can manage to send atleast 20 letters from different people.

Thanks
If you can manage to get 20 people, that is really good. Please also have them log on their details in this thread or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers/ This is the format that I am using - feel free to change this
phone: Your phone number
email: Your email address

The Honorable Congressman/woman/Senator Legislator's Name
Legislator's address
Legislator's state, zip code

Dear Congressperson/Senator name,

Subject: Support for S.1033 Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act to help retrogression affected employment based categories

Your Company's name has a permanent employment opportunity in the United States for which they have sponsored me and my family for permanent residency to fill this position. Unfortunately due to annual numerical limits on the employment based visa, the employment based immigration is pending for need of visa numbers. This year the retrogression has been so severe that there are no visas available for the employment based third preference categories in the last quarter. This has very adversely affected me as I have been waiting for xx years to get to the pending last phase of immigration. Hence this has stopped me from taking on the position for which the permanent residency has been sponsored for and for which it has already been established that I am a suitable candidate because of my relevant professional and educational skills.

The situation does not seem to have any end in sight if there are no immigration policy changes. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has done and is doing some commendable work in backlog reduction and expedited processing but this is meaningless if there are no visa numbers available for the immigrants to successfully complete their immigration.

Section 601 (d) of S.1033 , the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act (introduced in Senate) recommends increasing the yearly quota to 290,000 and incorporates some visa number recapture from the previous years. This would help in alleviating our problems by making a higher number of visa numbers available. Section 603 (b) also seeks to increase the availability of the visas to the third preference category most affected by retrogression.I urge you to support this pending legislation that incorporates all these changes. This will allow me and my family to achieve our long cherished dream of becoming permanent residents of the United States

Thank you.

Sincerely,

your signature
Name
Contact Information

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Post It On Group

Sandeep
Also Post It On Our Group And Ask Everyone To Send To Their Friends
Also Can Rajiv Make This A Petition????//
How About That?

Ok, so we need to do following tasks ASAP:

1) Send letters (email and/or signed hard copy) to local senators/congressman, President, Sponsorers of this bill and immigration/21st century subcommittee members.
2) Prepare online petition, gather signature and send them.
3) Make phone call / follow-up with senators/congressman.

Come on guys, lets do it!!

Good effort

It is pleasing to note the quick efforts from guys here.
Thanks Sandeep for the nice letter. I plan to send letters to our two senators and the congressman.
BTW, i don't see any movement on the secure america bill. Hope Senator McCain & others push it soon.

Great Job by Ravi in the Yahoo Group

Guys a tremendous work has been done by a fellow GC applicant in the yahoo group.

If you are not part of that group, here is the email from him

Hi All,

I have called Mr. Kennedy office and talk to Mathew
Cross, who is an immigration department personal and
asked about the Bill and when it is going to be in the
senate for discussions etc.

Here are the outlines of my discussion.

1. Mathew told me that this bill is in front of the
Judiciary committee and there is no set date for this
when it is going to discussed and so on [I can not
confirm 100% of this matter].

2. I have explained the problem what we are facing
with the Visa numbers and i asked his opinion about
sending letters to all the local senators along with
the signed petitions.
He told me that it is a great idea to send the
petitions to all the Senators. So that Mr. Kennedy
(and others) will know for certain to argue on behalf
of us [with the all the evidence].

He also advised that it would be good idea to send the
petetion to all the senators with signatures of all
the victims and requesting them to act on this along
with the reason why we want to increase the CAP.

3. If anybody wants to send the paper work to Mr.
Kennedy office, he told me to send it to Mr. Tom
Crohan who is a head of the immigration department at
Kennedy Boston office. He also deals with forming Bill
and explaining the issues to Mr. Kennedy.

Here is the address for Mr. Tom Crohan at Kennedy
office.
-------------------------------------
Attn: Tom Crohan,
2400, JFKL Federal Blvd,
Boston, Maschetous 02203.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

FYI, Then i have called local Colorado senator office
to get his view about the Bill and I am still waiting
for the response. I might call him again.

If we don’t act fast on this then it will be too late
to think and we will be stuck in this GC process for
next 3 years while we can get this done in next 6
months.

I don’t understand why other people are not responding
to this other than the members here. May be they don’t
want the GC or they are under the impression that they
will get it without trying.

Thanks,
Ravi.

Petition

Yes, we have create a petition and we should fax it to all the legislators with all our signatures.

BTW, I just sent letters to our two senators and hope they respond back.

Hearing of Immigration Reform bill on 07/27/2005

McCain-Kennedy and Cornyn-Kyl Set to Duel for Immigration Reform in Senate Judiciary Hearing 07/27/2005

Report indicates that the Senate Judiciary Committee has marked a hearing to hear these two Immigration Reform bills on July 27, 2005. Immigrant community supports the McCain-Kennedy bill that grants earned adjustment of status to illegal aliens over the Cornyn-Kyl bill that focuses on temporary guest worker program without the adjustment of status relief within the country. Let's see who is going to win in this duel!

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

Petition And Forwarding Emails

Saurabh And Sandeep
I Saw The Format For Email To Congressman

Post This Again Requesting Everyone To Send To Their Congressman/senators
Also Ask People To Forward This Link To Their Friends
Just Give Some Idea To Keep This Ball Rolling
The More People Forward, More Effective It Will Be
Also Let's Ask Rajiv To Create This As Online Petition
Plus Most Of Them Do Not Know Who Their Congressman Is So Let's Also Post A Link In That Post That You Send To Find Out Congressman/senator Of That Area

Good work

Hi,
I just came across this forum. I appreciate all the good works you people are doing. I am adding my details to the spread sheet as well.

I also came across http://www.fairimmigration.org. Will they be anyway helpful to us.

We should some how make our problems heard. Can Rajiv or others talk about it in NPR.

Thanks
Gc_vsc

Letter format

Where can I find the letter format. I can sent it to my congressman/Senator. They seem to be the sponsors of the bill
Jim Kolbe and John Mccain

Please forward

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MAIL TO AS MANY RELEVANT PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE

This e-mail is to address the possiblity of taking action to support
S.1033 (Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act) to help
retrogression affected employment based categories.

STEP 1.
Please visit the following sites to understand the isssue and our
initiatives
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=179272
AND http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers/
Add your details so that the action's strength can be monitored

STEP 2.
Go to http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/?lvl=L
to identify your elected representatives

STEP 3.
Make modifications in the letter given below or draft your own.
Please note that the letter given below is a work in progress - the
latest can be downloaded at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers/
phone: Your phone number
email: Your email address

The Honorable Congressman/woman/Senator Legislator's Name
Legislator's address
Legislator's state, zip code

Dear Congressperson/Senator name,

Subject: Support for S.1033 Secure America and Orderly Immigration
Act to help retrogression affected employment based categories

Your Company's name has a permanent employment opportunity in the
United States for which they have sponsored me and my family for
permanent residency to fill this position. Unfortunately due to
annual numerical limits on the employment based visa, the employment
based immigration is pending for need of visa numbers. This year the
retrogression has been so severe that there are no visas available
for the employment based third preference categories in the last
quarter. This has very adversely affected me as I have been waiting
for xx years to get to the pending last phase of immigration. Hence
this has stopped me from taking on the position for which the
permanent residency has been sponsored for and for which it has
already been established that I am a suitable candidate because of my
relevant professional and educational skills.

The situation does not seem to have any end in sight if there are no
immigration policy changes. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
Services has done and is doing some commendable work in backlog
reduction and expedited processing but this is meaningless if there
are no visa numbers available for the immigrants to successfully
complete their immigration.

Section 601 (d) of S.1033 , the Secure America and Orderly
Immigration Act (introduced in Senate) recommends increasing the
yearly quota to 290,000 and incorporates some visa number recapture
from the previous years. This would help in alleviating our problems
by making a higher number of visa numbers available. Section 603 (b)
also seeks to increase the availability of the visas to the third
preference category most affected by retrogression.I urge you to
support this pending legislation that incorporates all these changes.
This will allow me and my family to achieve our long cherished dream
of becoming permanent residents of the United States

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Your signature
Name
Contact Information

STEP 4.
Send the letters to the representatives identified earlier

STEP 5.
Cut and paste the altered letter at AILA's mailer site
http://capwiz.com/aila2/mail/oneclick_compose/?alertid=7614761
You can also send one to the President at
http://capwiz.com/aila2/mail/oneclick_compose/?alertid=7605741

STEP 6.
Follow up by calling the representatives that you have sent an e-
mail/fax/letter to.

We urge you to act fast before the Act comes up for discussion.
Please note that spending a few hours now would imply saving years in
retrogression. There is an imminent danger of loosing a lot of years
of your life if things are not changed now. The situation is at one
of the worst possible now with no "carry over" visas from previous
years and with a huge backlog. Thanks for the effort in
helping yourself and lending your voice to the retrogressed immigrant
community.

I did send too. Guys please take your time and send as quickly as possible. We want them to read before 7/27 - hearing date. Also pls call them too. By the way, I also sent emails to some senators last month and I started to receive postal reply! So guys, they really read our concerns!!

Thanks sandeep, saurabh & others.

gc_vsc said:
Hi,
I also came across http://www.fairimmigration.org. Will they be anyway helpful to us.
Gc_vsc
Seems like a good idea srinireddydgl, as a moderator, can you try to establish contact with Marcia Glasgow (mglasgow@communitychange.org) and cc it to Deepak Bhargava (dbhargava@communitychange.org) ? They seem to be like an umbrella organization having contacts to about 20 other organizations