Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Hi all, more Qs about medicals,
I have a letter from my doctor here in U.S stating what vaccinations I already had (found via blood tests), what vaccinations/booster shots I was given and what I don't need (with reason). This letter is on his letterhead and signed by him. Will this be sufficient to submit to the IV doctor to prevent him from giving me the vaccinations again and doing the blood work again? If not what more should I do to stop the IV doctor form redoing what has already been done?

The letter from your doctor in the US will be adequate evidence for the panel physician of shots they have administered

You need copies of the lab reports if immunization is being proved through titer tests done by your doctor.

If you need more shots and your doctor has given medical reasons why you should not have the shots, that should work too.

Regarding blood work at the medical exam, they will draw blood and do it, but the purpose is to check your health for any diseases not test for immunization issues .i.e. they will test for AIDS, Syphilis, etc. etc. - they won't do a titer test.

Your Packet 4 will include instructions on the photo requirements, including samples and a cutout that you can use to make sure that the photos will meet requirements. Wait for your Pkt. 4. I don't know any web site where you can get it :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
INTERVIEW AT MONTREAL

Here is my interview experience in Montreal. This board helped me a lot with useful information. My interview was on 18 th Nov.Monday.
at 9:30am.I reached there at 7:40 am. No one was there and that day was second heavy snow day in Montreal. I could not get taxi and we had to walk from holiday inn select to consulate in snow.
(Holiday inn is very good hotel. I booked it from price line.com.I paid 35 US dollar/day.) Security gate was opened at 7:45.One security lady told us to wait in coffee shop and come back at 8:30.But from this board I knew that
they usually allow people to get in. I told her that I had to go early then she allowed us to come in. We waited for 15 minutes in waiting area for elevator to 19 th floor. We took elevator and went to 19 th floor.
From this board I knew that we have to line at window 6 for immigrant visa for taking number. I was the first one in line. Took first no and waited at waiting area. We were keeping an eye on display window. Our no was first so
we were called first. Gave all documents(medical report, employment letter, interview letter, PHOTOS and passport).She asked for my birth certificate photocopy and I gave her. Signed DS-203 -11.Then she told us to wait for interview.
We waited for half an hour and around 9:25am.Our number was called. We went to room 13 and one young"Gori"(lady) was there. She asked us to raise right hand take oath" Yeh sabhi information jo maiani di hai sab sach hai.."( in Hindi)
i.e. I swear that all info which I have given is right......I was really worried about interview. Then lady browsed through my papers and asked
in which company I am working? how long? then she asked my wife. have u been refused entry in USA? interview was for few minutes...I think they check key information e.g. first page of labor certificate, employment letter,designation,PCC.
After browsing through paper work she told us that everything looks fine and gave mea slip for fee deposit. Also she told us to wait for visa packet.
I went to cashier counter(again at window 6) and deposited fee through my VISA card. at 10:15am We got our visa packet. Lady at counter told us to check name and other info. My father's name spelling were not correct told about this to lady at counter
and she checked my DS -203 form and it was spelled exactly the same in form. It was my mistake. But she told us that it does not matter.
We acme out of consulate at 10:30AM.wE went back to holiday inn and checked out at 1:pM.Generally check out time is 12:00pm.But I requested them for one hr extension.
My flight was at 8:pm for Windsor. We took a taxi and spent our time at Eaton center. It is underground mall and very near to consulate.
We reached to Windsor at 11:30 PM.I took my car and drove to border. AT 12:05AM I reached at windsor-detroit border and showed my packets to immigration officer and explained him about packet. He did not knew about the process. He allowed us to enter in USA.

I explained him that I need immigration visa stamping in my passport. He wrote a slip and put it on my car. I went to custom area and custom officer told us to take my paper work to immigration office. I went there and showed my packet to officer there. He was very nice.
I gave my both passport to officer(Canadian and Indian)
I requested him to stamp my Canadian passport and he stamped my Canadian passport. After processing I reached at 1am in my apartment.

Re: INTERVIEW AT MONTREAL

"then she asked my wife. have u been refused entry in USA? "

Sanju: Congrats, was there a particular reason she asked your wife the above question, and what was her reply.
Good luck with your post GC life.

"we had to walk from holiday inn select to consulate in snow"

Hi Sanju, Thank you and congratulations. Was the walk long? or just 5 to 10 minutes? Did you pay via internet (credit card) or just booked via net and payed when you checked in?

How much is the airfare from Windsor?

Sanju,

How much is the airfare from Windsor to Montreal?

Thanks
ss11

Got Plastic Card

Hi - for those of you either waiting for your interview or waiting for your card, you will be relieved to hear that it is only taking about 2 weeks to receive the plastic card. Using Champlain as a POE seems to work well as they are very familiar with the process and seem to forward your file to TSC quickly.

Here are my particulars:

Interview Date: 11/12/02
Date of Entry: 11/12/02
Port of Entry: Champlain, NY (directly south of MTL)
Welcome letters received: 11/26
Cards mailed: 11/27
Cards received: 11/30

Incidentally, if any of you are travelling internationally AFTER getting your GC, but BEFORE you receive the plastic card, it is no problem at all crossing the border with just your temporary I-551 stamps in your passport. I entered on 11/30 at JFK, went to the "Citizens and Residents" line, and crossed in about 12 seconds. :)

tunnel / bridge

Sanju, did you use the tunnel or the ambassador bridge to enter Detroit?
tks,
2b.

This is for Sanju

Hi Sanju,

Some questions for you

1 Were you living in Windsor or detroit when you got ur greencard.

2 How much time did it take for you to get ur canadian Citizenship.
(i have applied and do not know how much time it is taking )

3 And do you have to get Indian PCC also and how much time it takes and also the process of Canadian PCC.

Would be greatful if you could reply to my questions

Thanks

Plastic cards recvd

POE - Port Champlain
POE Date - Nov. 1st, 2002

Green cards received
Nov. 20th (for 3 of us)
Nov. 26th - for me

For all CP Guys from Montreal

Hi to all CP Guys from Montreal

Some questions for you

1 Were you living in Windsor or detroit when you got ur greencard.

2 How much time did it take for you to get ur canadian Citizenship.
(i have applied and do not know how much time it is taking )

3 And do you have to get Indian PCC also and how much time it takes and also the process of Canadian PCC.

Would be greatful if you could reply to my questions

Thanks

plz help

My case sent to Montreal Consulate and I got my interview date for September. But due to some reasons I had to postpone my interview. My lawyer sent the request for rescheduling interview to Motreal Cosulate in first week of October. My lawyer saying that I should expect my interview in mid feb 2003 or so. Plz guide me.

1 How long does it take to reschedule the interview date at Montreal Consulate?

2 How should I proceed?

3 Since my police verification for Indian Consulate and RCMP verification are more than 6 month old. Should I take new police verifications or old verification which I submitted with packet 3 would work?

I would highly appreciate the input. Thanks

PCC from India

Could anybody help me with the following question? :( .

Instead of getting a PCC from Indian Consulate in US, Can I try and get a PCC from the Local Police Authorities in India ?. Or is it that Montreal Consulate Accepts PCC only from the IndianConsulate ?.

Thank you everyone.

imihelp.:confused:

Re: plz help

2 How should I proceed?

Just wait and hope for the best, you can try and call the Montreal Consulate for information

3 Since my police verification for Indian Consulate and RCMP verification are more than 6 month old. Should I take new police verifications or old verification which I submitted with packet 3 would work?

If you have not lived in India or Canada after you obtained the PCC, it will remain valid.

Does anyone know of a list of panel physicians in Montreal where I can get my medicals done? I am looking for a doctor who can provide me with same day service. This will minimize my stay in Montreal with my two toddlers. Pls provide me with a list that has phone numbers or email ids so that I can contact them and make the appointmet form here in the US. Tks.

Scoomara

" I am looking for a doctor who can provide me with same day service".

None of the physicians in Montreal offer same day service, there is one in Toronto that you can use and then travel to Montreal. We just did the same and it worked out great.

Successful CP

we had succesful interview and same day entered the US on 12/6/02. Our experience was similar to many others already posted, will be glad to answer any questions

Tks Former J1. Do you have a list of physicians in Montreal with contact info who are approved to do the medicals? I looked in the Montreal consulate web site for such a list, couldn't find it. If anyone out there has a list, please let me know. Thank You.