Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

CLIENT SITE 15 MILE AWAY FROM MY COMPANY HEAD OFFICE?

My interview is scheduled next week in montreal. in my labor application column 7(address where alien will work) is blank.
It means that I will be working at address which is mention in column 6 (my company address). My company is in Detroit But i am working at Client site which is 15 miles away from my employer.(my company headquater).
Is it going to bea problem in interview?
What should i say in interview if they ask where exactly are you working? My employer is loacted at different place and I am working away from my company head office. Employement letter will show company address only.IS IT GOING TO BE A PROBLEM
IF I TELL THEM THAT I AM AT CLIENT SITE 15 MILE AWAY FROM MY COMPANY HEAD OFFICE?
I read in previous posting that it can create problem....
CP experts please advice....
2 ) question
My comapny is giving me employement letter on company letter head. Should it be notarized? or orginal letter is sufficient

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: CLIENT SITE 15 MILE AWAY FROM MY COMPANY HEAD OFFICE?

Originally posted by sanju92
My company is in Detroit But i am working at Client site which is 15 miles away from my employer.(my company headquater).
Is it going to bea problem in interview?

DONT THINK IT WILL BE A PROBLEM, AS LONG AS YOU ARE WORKING IN THE SAME FIELD AND THE SAME GENERAL AREA.

What should i say in interview if they ask where exactly are you working? My employer is loacted at different place and I am working away from my company head office. Employement letter will show company address only.

JUST NAME THE AREA IN GENERAL FOR EXAMPLE DETROIT, IF THEY GO INTO SPECIFICS YOU CAN MENTION THAT THE JOB REQUIRES YOU TO BE AT MORE THAN ONE SITE UNDER THE SAME EMPLOYER, AND THE SITES ARE WITHIN 15MILES OF EACH OTHER WITHOUT DISCUSSING THE STREET ADDRESS, PERSONALLY I DON'T THINK THIS WILL EVER COME UP AS THIS WAS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SESA AND DOL TO LOOK INTO THESE ISSUES, AS SOME ONE MENTIONED IN A PREVIOUS POST THEY ARE NOT GOING TO RE- ADJUDICATE THE I-140.

WHY DON'T YOU NOTARIZE YOUR LETTER FOR YOUR OWN PIECE OF MIND, YOU SHOULD ASK AROUND I'M SURE SOME OF THE SECRETARIES IN YOUR OFFICE ARE NOTARY PUBLICS.

Re: STAMPING AND DUAL CITIZENSHIP

I am indian citizen and became canadian citizen last month. I sent copy of my indian passport to NVC with my packet 3. Now I have my interview next week at montreal. IS THERE SOMEONE WITH DUAL CITIZENSHIP?
CAN I SPECIFY TO CONSULATE AT INTERVIEW TO STAMP MY CANADIAN PASSPORT? Or Should I use only my Indian passport at interview or for stamping. Is it going to create confusion at interview?
Any idea???? ...Cp experts please suggest.. is there any with this type of experience?

Hi All, My review was completed at NVC on 11/07/02. I have just started to prepare for my interview at the Montreal consulate. I have a few questions.

1) I have 2 U.S born toddlers aged 2 and 3. Do I need to take photos and do vaccination/medicals for them too?

2) Where do I get a list of doctors (address and phone number) in Montreal whom are authorized to perform the medicals?

3) I hear that I need 3 photos for the medicals, 2 for the consulate and 2 for the POE, is this correct? Is there a web site where I can get the format of photos (size etc) for each of these three?

Thank you very much for your help

card received.

POE: champlain.
DOE:10/29
welcome letter and card received: 11/13
Document received at TSC:11/6
Card mailed out:11/9(stamp on letter)

Successful Interview in Montreal

Had a successful interview at the Montreal consulate on 11/12. I have attached the details below:

We arrived at the consulate early (7:00am for an 8:30am appointment) and were the first in line. Consulate didn't open until 7:30. Then they start letting people in and through security. No food, drink or electronic devices. Security is very tight - they x-ray and then hand search all bags. You have to show passport and appointment letter to get in. After security, you go downstairs and wait for the first elevator to the 19th floor. The first elevator up is at 8am. Doors at the elevator open at the BACK. Get off and turn LEFT, and go to WINDOW 25 for immigrant visas. You may have to wait for window to open, but you will receive your number there, and this will determine where you are in the queue.

After you get your number, take a seat and wait for number to be displayed on the board. Then go to the appropriate window, and person there will ask you for you documents. Use the time you are waiting to have everything ready for them as this speeds things up considerably. Then person who collects your docs may ask you a few questions, but he/she is just verifying the info. on your DS-230s (i.e. where you last lived before entering the US, mother's name, father's name etc.) Relax, this is NOT the interview. They just want to make sure that the info they put on the Visa is accurate (and they do put your last foreign location and your parent's names on the Visa for some reason). Once you hand over all docs and sign your pictures and form, you go and sit down again and wait for your interview with consular officer.

They didn't call us for interview with consular officer exactly in sequence, but it was pretty close. If somebody with a lower number goes in front of you, just relax. It just means that they're taking more time with your docs. The interview is in a small room - a glass partition divides you and the interviewer. Interviewer makes you raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth. Our interviewer asked me about whether I already worked for petitioning employer (I did), and for how long (4 years). She also asked me if we were already living in the US (we were, for 4 years). They never asked to see current work permits or any supporting documentation such as tax returns. These were the only questions she asked, and then she said everything looked in order and that we would get our visas. She asked us to go back to Window 25 and to pay the fee. We left and paid the US$ 65 (each) fee and then sat down. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT as you will need it to pick up your Visa. After about another 30 minutes they call your names, and you can go to another window to actually get your Visas. Show them the receipt and they hand over the docs. DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPE as this will invalidate your Visa.

We got our Visas at 10:00am and were out of the building by 10:10am. Very long line to get in at that point, so I was glad we went early. After getting bags from the hotel (we stayed at the Hilton Bonaventure, which is only 4 blocks away) we departed immediately for the border. We crossed at Champlain, NY, which is about 30 miles soth of Montreal, where I-87 hits the Canadian border.

At the border, give your Visa envelopes and passports to the border guard as you drive up. The guard will tell you where to park, then go inside to the INS office and wait. Inspector will call you when they're ready for you. They take a few minutes to look over the docs and then call you over. Then they fingerprint you, and ask you to sign the form. Then you check to make sure that all information (name, address etc.) on the Visa is accurate. After that, they put the stamps in your passport. Your temporary Green Card consists of two stamps - one is the usual "Class / Admitted Until" stamp - on this they write the "class" of your GC (i.e E-1, E-2 etc.), but put the Admitted Until date as "Indef." The other stamp indicates that the two stamps serve as temporary evidence (until one year after date of entry) as lawful admission to the United States as a permanent resident. I was surpirsed that this was all we got (I was expecting a "Visa" that they plaster into your passport, but the INS inspector told me that all you get is a stamp, and that this is all you need for international travel and lawful re-entry into the USA.) One other thing they write down in your passport is your "A number" above the stamps. This is your Alien Registration number, and you will need it from now on to communicate with the INS from now on. Copy this number down and keep it in a safe place, in case you ever lose your passport. The INS inspector told us that the time it takes to get the plastic cards is extremely variable - could be up to one year. He also said that don't bother to call your local INS office until after about 11 months, because nobody will do anything for you until then anyway.

I spoke with my lawyer when I returned, and she indicated that, if after one year you still don't have your plastic GC, you would go to your local INS office and get another temporary stamp. She also indicated that, once you do get the plastic card, you need to take both the card and your passport for international travel.

Anyway, I hope this information helps you guys waiting for your interviews in Montreal. I posted my date and POE on the appropriate forum, so I will stick around for a while. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks very much to everybody for the valuable suport and information relayed over the years on these Forums. Best of luck to all!:)

Hi Yummy_K, Tks for the very detailed description you've just posted. I'm sure I'll benefit form it in my forth-coming interview. I have a few questions (please look 3 postings above).

1) Where did you get your medicals done? (name, address and phone# pls)

2) How many photos were required at medicals, interview and POE and the format of these photos?

3) Do you have U.S born kids and if so did they need photo, vaccination/medicals?

Pls be kind enough to answer these Q's. Tks.

Yummy,

I was also told that the plastic card would take a long time to get. My interview was on 10/07/02 and I got the card 3 weeks later :)

1) Where did you get your medicals done? (name, address and phone# pls)

Scoomara:

a) Look at www.panelphysicians.com - they are one of the physicians that perform medicals for IS IV visas in Canada - very detailed web site.

b) If your US born children are US citizens/passport holders, then you don't need to do anything for them. Otherwise, the same conditions apply as they do to you.

c) Consulate - 2 immigration style photos. You can get them at Tony Photo Studio. He is open in the mornings and by appointment in the afternoons.

POE - none required (though Tony will try and sell you another set for POE).

Medical - depends on the physician doing the medical. Howard Stein (the above web site I gave) requires only one passport style photo for each candidate.

I am indian citizen and became canadian citizen last month. I sent copy of my indian passport to NVC with my packet 3. Now I have my interview next week at montreal. IS THERE SOMEONE WITH DUAL CITIZENSHIP?

Sanju:

India does not allow dual citizenship. By taking Canadian citizenship (and passport) you have relinquished your Indian citizenship. Your Indian passport is therefore not valid anymore (and technically, you are required to return it to the Indian consulate and get it canceled). Use the Canadian passport.

Tks StillAtSea, appreciate your comments. Regarding (b) about my kids, they both have U.S birth certificates. Does this mean that they are both U.S citizens (if not what is there citizenship) and therefore I need not do anything for them? Is there a place on the web I can verify this? Pls let me know. Tks.

Scoomara

In response to your questions:

My wife and I got our medicals done by Dr. Howard Seiden in Toronto. Dr. Seiden's practice is at 145 Front Street East. You can look at his website at www.panelphysicans.com. This is a fast, effective way to get your medical done and get your results back the same day by 4pm. We actually had our medicals done two weeks prior to the interview.

We needed only ONE photograph for the medical at Dr. Seiden's. The reason that the info you receive from the NVC tells you to bring three photos is that many panel physicians, unlike Dr. Seiden, do not have a lab (where they take blood) and an X-ray machine where they do the chest X-Ray. For other panel physicians, my guess is that you would need one photo for the medical exam, one for the blood lab, and one for the X-ray. If you use Dr. Seiden, you will need only one photo. If you go elsewhere, it might be best to call ahead and ask or bring three per person just to be safe.

We don't have children, so I couldn't tell you about vaccination requirements for them. The web site mentioned above indicates what vaccinations are required by people in different age groups, so you could probably figure it out just by looking at the web site. One note, however - if your kids are US born, then they are automatically US citizens, and do not require any "status adjustment". I'm not sure that they would require a medical since technically they are not "immigrating" with you. Best check with Dr. Seiden on this one.

Last piece of advice if you use Dr. Seiden - GO EARLY. We showed up at 6:50am and were second in line. By 7:30am, the waiting room was filled with people waiting for immigration medicals.

As far as photos at the consulate are concerned, you require two 3/4 profile "Green Card" style photos. Both will be collected at the consulate, and one is stapled to the front of your Visa envelope. The other, intended for the INS at your arrival point, is put inside the Visa envelope. After you hand it over at the consulate, you won't see it again until you reach your POE.

Received cards in 19 days

Just a quick update

We crossed the border at Port Huron on 10/27 and received welcome letters and cards on 11/15 . Just 19 days- that's pretty good:) :)

Tks Yummy_K, I will call Dr. Seiden and verify about my kids. As to photos I'll take 2 immigration (Green Card) style photos and 1 passport style photo for me and my wife. Tks again.

Scoomara:

US Birth Certificates = US citizens (unless you have obtained citizenship and passports for them from another country). They don't need IVs for the US, then, and don't need to be processed.

Re: Scoomara

Dear Yummy_K, StillAtSea

Thanks for the extensive details. Often times, it is the medical examination part which is more under-discussed in the forum.

I have a couple of questions, which I think would be greatly beneficial if, yourself or others in the forum are kindly to answer.

Here are my questions.

1) How agressive is the medical examination ?.

2) How long does it take ?.

3) What are the informations asked before and/or after the physical examination by the physician ?.

4) What are the forms (and their contents) need to be filled-in before / after the physical examination

5) What are the common grounds for failure.

6) What is the failure rate ?.

It would be very much helpful if you guys shed some light on these questions.

I often have heard of horrifying stories of physicians giving the candidates a real hard-time. How are they at the Panel Physicians ?.

Thank you all

Originally posted by Yummy_K
In response to your questions:

My wife and I got our medicals done by Dr. Howard Seiden in Toronto. Dr. Seiden's practice is at 145 Front Street East. You can look at his website at www.panelphysicans.com. This is a fast, effective way to get your medical done and get your results back the same day by 4pm. We actually had our medicals done two weeks prior to the interview.......

Medicals

OK, imihelp, I will try and answer your question since Yummy_K is still recovering from his celebrations or is, more likely, just too lazy:D . In fact, I think my circumstances are quite unusual so may shed more light. My experience has been at panelphysicians.com - Howard Seiden's office in Toronto.

They accept visa medicals between 7 - 8.30 only on Mon thru Wed. You have call and schedule the day, after that it is first-come, first-serve. We (self, spouse, 2 kids, 1 aged 3 yrs, the other 7 months) got to their office at 8.10 am. We had to wait for about 15 minutes to register with the secretary. She will use your consulate appointment letter and your identification to set up the records, take the money (cash upfront, please ;) ) with 1 passport photo, your vaccination and other medical records and then give you slips of paper indicating what tests are required. For us, it was physical, x-rays, blood tests, for the kids only the physical. Being me, I forgot to take identification for the two kids:( - but they allowed me to go ahead with the tests for them with the understanding that they would release the results only after I came back with ID for them.

You then wait for your turn to be called. They draw your blood in the meantime. They then called all of us into a large examination room and asked my and my wife to change into paper gowns. Two doctors came in a while later. The main doctor (he seemed to be in charge) sat down behind a desk and started looking at our vaccination records and writing it down on the IV medical forms. During that time, he asked us questions - have you ever been hospitalized, had surgery, etc. etc. In my case, I had been diagnosed with TB in 1986. So I informed him about this and then gave him documentation (from India, the US and Canada) that showed that I had taken treatment, been monitored over the last 14 years with no signs of any relapses. He accepted that and indicated that I should leave my old x-rays with the radiologist that would do the x-rays for the visa.

In the meantime, the other doctor did a quick physical on all of us (eyes, ears, throat, chest). Nothing else, I mean nothing else and then was playing with our 3 year old. The main doctor then said that we needed booster shots for TD/Diptheria for me and my wife and our daughter needed Hep-B shots. They do not administer the Hep-B shots so he asked us to go back to our primary physician, get it done and fax in the confirmation.

Once the main doctor was done, he made copies of my TB related documents and then returned all the records to us. We then got dressed and went for the x-rays which were done quickly. I left my most recent old x-ray with the technician.

We went straight to our physician, got the required shots done and faxed in the confirmation. The next day I got a call from them saying that they were finished with the results and that I can come in (with ID for the children) and pick them up. I couldn't go that day so went the next day and got the results. Also had my old x-rays returned.

So,:

a) The medical is not very aggressive.
b) Took us about 2 hours start to finish including the waiting.
c) No forms to be filled in - they do it all. You just need to take your appointment letter with you along with the photos, vacc records and of course, the cash.
d) Don't know much about grounds for failure or failure rate - but - there are certain medical conditions that are grounds for inadmissibility (HIV, etc.). Past medical conditions, make sure you have enough supporting documentation to prove that you have been treated for it (you may be asked to do additional tests). If a medical condition is detected during the exam, depending on the condition, you may be able to re-do the medical once you have taken treatment and then proceed with your CP.

All in all, the staff at Howard Seiden were very helpful and nice. They have a large number of people with very varied backgrounds coming to them for IV medicals, I noticed some that barely knew English and I could tell that they were sometimes frustrated trying to guide or explain something to such folks. Be polite, courteous and quick on the take and they are fine.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much

StillAtSea,

Thank you so much for such a detailed information. You are doing a wonderful job by still hanging around and helping people like me. It really means a lot.

Best regards

Imihelp :)

Hi StillAtSea,
Thanks very much on your comments about the medicals. This certainly will help me.

Hi all regarding photos,
I went to a photo lab to inquire about the passport photo (1) for the medicals and immigration photos (2) for the consulate (I don’t plan to give any at POE at Port Champlain). The photographer told me the passport photo is taken directly facing the camera while the immigration photo is taken facing the camera at an angle (about 45 degrees). He also said that the immigration photo is from chin to top of head needs to fit exactly in a 'box' size supplied by the INS. Furthermore he said the passport picture is taken from top of head to just below the neck. I want to get all what I can get done here (in the U.S) so I'm doing the photos and vaccination here. This is because I feel it is easy for me to do things at home than on a trip with my kids (2 and 3). This way the only thing I need to do in Montreal is the medicals and the interview. Is there a reliable website (by the State Department, INS, NVC, Justice Department etc) that I can go to to verify the size and format of the passport and immigration photos? If anyone out there knows about this information please be kind enough to post it. Thanks a million.