Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Plastic Cards Rec'd

POE 12/6/02, Dorval, Montreal
Cards Rec'd 12/19/02
Welcome Letters rec'd 12/20/02

Good Luck, Y'all

Same day Medical exam

Congrat's Frmr JI,
What doctor's office did you go for the same day medical exam, My Interview date is 7th of January(Tuesday) I am plannig to drive down to Toronto which is just three hour drive from my home in Detroit and then get medical on Monday and drive to Montreal same night or may be midnight .
Where would you suggest to take pictures.
Any other advice based on you expirience.
Regards,
SBz

Same day Medical exam

Congrat's Frmr JI,
What doctor's office did you go for the same day medical exam, My Interview date is 7th of January(Tuesday) I am plannig to drive down to Toronto which is just three hour drive from my home in Detroit and then get medical on Monday and drive to Montreal same night or may be midnight .
Regards,
SBz

Re: Same day Medical exam

Originally posted by sbz
Congrat's Frmr JI,
Regards,
SBz

SBz:
We had our medicals at Seiden and associates, you can get detailed info at www.panelphysicians.com, if your immunization etc is in order you should not have any problems, in case you are missing some immunization documents they will give you the shots for a nominal fee.
Take your pictures at any studio in Detroit or Toronto, anyone who knows how to do immigration style pics, take a copy of the INS specs sent with pkt4, the photo shop should know what to do, we had got ours in our small town in KY, worked out great, they will not mesure your picture, close enough is good enough. In fact there is a photo machine in the basement of the consulate that will do 4 pics for 4 dollars, but I wouldn't take a chance in case it's out of order, don't forget to take your X-rays.
Good luck, if u have any questions let me know, i'll be checking the site again.

Identification Canada

Can some one please provide address and phone number for Identification Canada? I'llreally appreciate that.

Regards,

New J1

I-140 pending

Friends,
Can anyone of you tell me approx. how much time it will take to get the CP done at Montreal ?

Thanks

Bill of Fee after I-140 approval

My lawyer has not received the bill off fee after I-140 approval and was sent to the wrong address (as lawyer says).

Can we send the fee before we receive the new bill which my lawyer says will reach in about two weeks?

How about sending the fee to St. Luise with my case number which they would have assigned to my case?

cp times

upen1111

Here's a ballpark.

Time for NVC to enter 140 into the system 1 month
and send you a pkt 3 + fee bill

You send P3 to St louis whatever time u take
ST louis sends to NVC 1 month
NVC processes and gets interview date 1 month
Interview 2 months

So from the time your 140 is approved you are looking at approx 5 - 6 months to get your green card assuming you dont delay submission of the p3.

Police Certificate

Hi All,

I am living in the US right now.

Can I use a police certificate from the local police authorities in INDIA ?.

(Instead of having to get one from one of the the Indian Consulates in the US).

Does any one of you know anything in this regard?.

Thanks in advance .:confused:

Help is DOB certificate ok from Indian Consulate

:confused:

Help is DOB certificate ok from Indian Consulate or you have to have from India

Please if anyone has this exp. please post ur reply.

Thanks a Lot

I remember this issue from a while ago when I was pursuing our GC (got it last year - CP Montreal). They will not accept anything except the original birth certificate issued by the appropriate authority at the place of birth. If no such record exists, then you need to get a certificate stating that and 2 affidavits confirming the birth. I had my birth cert but it was issued without mother's or my name on it (male son born to Mr. XXX) - I had to get affidavits to complete the reqs for this.

Re police certs, getting one from a local police station India will not work - you need a national one (similar to getting one from the FBI not the local PS in Neverville, CB). Getting it thru the consulate is best because that is a comprehensive national check for criminal records or activity in your name. Secondly, there is significant international awareness of how 'difficult' it is to get a 'satisfactory' PC from your local thana ;) or any other certificate for that matter - they want the PC to come thru an arms-length transaction, not a greased-palm transaction.

Hint: If your passport was issued by the local consulate (not the one year passport), you are in luck, they can issue one within a week or so (because they would have issued the passport only after getting a police check done - so they have the information available readily). If it was issued in India, be prepared to wait 1-3 months minimum - the consulate will send instructions to India for a check and issue the PC only after they hear back.

No Longer At Sea

StillAtSea,

2 affidavits from 2 different people or just 2 affidavits from one person. and can the affidavit be done outside India?

AC-I140

Friends,

What is the differance between AC-I140 and Regular CP process ? Would AC-I140 process be done at montreal ? Which process will save time ?

Thank you in advance..

Also, it seems you have to send Birth Cert (or the non availability cert/2 affidavits) with Packet 3.
anyone can confirm this.

birth certificates

i had to send my birth certificates with packet 3. I have my interview a few days from now.