Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Re: Thanks SBZ for the info!

Originally posted by ss11
I think we should keep in touch, since we got I-551 stamp on May 24th at the Detroit tunnel. Try to send me a private message by clicking on profile ...

Thanks
SS11

Any upday SS11 ?, I received my welcome letter today.
SBZ:)

shya2001 - not true

shya2001,

I don't live in Canada. I landed in March 2003 and stayed there for a week. I did receive my PR cards.

Do you think I am will not be ebligible for CP in Canada? I did write an e-mail to U.S. consulate immigrant visa section in Montreal, Canada. Here is the response:

From: Montreal-IV/DV <Montreal-IV/DV@state.gov>>To: "'XXXXXX'" <XXXXXX@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Consular processing Question
Date: Tue, xx Apr 2003 13:52:36 -0400

Once your petition is approved it will be sent to NVC and as long as you can prove that you are still a landed immigrant in Canada, then you can apply in Montreal.

XX

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 12:42 AM
To: Montreal-IV/DV@state.gov
Subject: Consular processing Question

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a landed immigrant (permanent resident) of Canada since March
20, 2003 and a citizen of India. Currently, I am working in United States on H-1B visa. Is it possible for me to apply for adjustment of status (To U.S permanent residence) through consular processing in Canada?

If you are unable to answer my question, would you be kind enough to re-direct it to the appropriate department. I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks,

XXXXXX
xxxxxx, IL

Changing Consulate

I opeted Montreal initially for the CP. I got my 140 approved and would like to do the CP in Chennai, India. Do you guys think it is possible to change the consulate later. If so , when should I change the option.

Guys Please help. I am a bit anxious in this issue.

Regards

:confused: got my 140 approved and would like to do the CP in Chennai, India.

imihelp

imihelp,

I hope you don't mind me asking: Why would you want to change your choice of consulate from Montreal, Canada to Chennai, India ?

Thanks,

RF

Re: imihelp

I am planning my vacation to India towards the end of the year. Then I dont have to make a separate trip to Montreal this year for the CP. I think it could save me a bit in terms of time, cost and convenience.

Originally posted by RamFan
imihelp,

I hope you don't mind me asking: Why would you want to change your choice of consulate from Montreal, Canada to Chennai, India ?

Thanks,

RF

imihelp

Imihelp,

Are you a Canadian landed immigrant or citizen? I would think that NVC might be able to entertain your request for change of venue.

Did you try to contact NVC?

Sincerely,

RF

RamFan: Same situation

Hi RamFan:

I saw your posts related to Canadian Landed Immigrants and CP.
Can you please update me what you have gathered so far?

I am also a Canadian Landed Immigrant since Nov 2002 and I want to apply for CP in Canada.

- Is CP in Canada faster than CP in India?
- Can we apply for CP in Canada at Vancouver or only at Montreal?
- What impact does CP have on employer?

Thanks and all the best
Winner

RamFan: Same situation
Hi RamFan:

I saw your posts related to Canadian Landed Immigrants and CP.
Can you please update me what you have gathered so far?

I am also a Canadian Landed Immigrant since Nov 2002 and I want to apply for CP in Canada.

- Is CP in Canada faster than CP in India?

I think there will not be a significant difference in processing times in Montreal, Canada or India

- Can we apply for CP in Canada at Vancouver or only at Montreal?

Montreal U.S. consulate is the only U.S. consulate in Canada, which is authorized to process immigration visas (CP or other cases of green cards)

- What impact does CP have on employer?

I don't understand your question.....In my opinion only thing which can impact the employer is that you could be out of country to few weeks.

I hope this helps.

RF

Hi RamFan,

Thanks for the update. I am not sure when you are going for CP interview in Montreal. But Canadian regulations do state that you
need to move to Canada permanently within six months of your first arrival, unless you apply for returning resident permit, where they give you permission to settle into Canada later than six months. Usually you have to give a valid reason as to why you cannot move to Canada permanently (an eg would be if you are studying and your completion of the degree takes more time than anticipated etc).

So if your CP interview is later than 6 months and you are still having a US address, I am not sure how you can prove to the US consulate that you are still a PR of Canada. Please consult your lawyer regarding these issues.

shya2001 - this also not true anymore

shya2001,

That is also not true anymore. Canadian Gov. passed a law, which is effective since June 28th, 2002. This new law abolishes the need of Returning Resident Permit. Under the new legislation, persons who have been admitted to Canada as permanent residents must spend a cumulative total of 730 days (two years) residing in Canada within any five-year period.

Please follow this link to read more about it.

http://www.canada.org.cn/beijing/en/visa/return.htm

I do appreciate your concern regarding this issue. This definitely helps people in determining their options clearly.

Thanks,

RamFan

NVC is sending P3 to the wrong consulate (URGENT)

Hi,

I have a dual citizenship and put the American consulate in Montreal for my interview on my 140. I just called NVC this morning and I can tell from the case number that they are sending the packet to my original home country instead of Montreal. How do I fix this?

thanks.

Hi RamFan,

Thanks for the clarification. Since I became a Canadian citizen three years ago, I am not following the current rules. Sorry for passing on the wrong info. When did your I-140 get approved. Have you received Packet 3 from NVC. Do you know how long it takes from the your I-140 approval to the date of your interview?

Thanks

Re: Got the welcome letter

Originally posted by ss11
Yes SBZ, we also got the welcome letter on 23rd.

SS11
Done !!!, I got my card on 27th June, here is the detail
POE Detorit Bridge
Date of I-551 05/25/03
Welcome ltr 06/19/03
Card 06/27/03

SBZ

I am new to this forum.
I find it very very very helpful, that each of you are willing to share your thoughts, wisdom and experiences .

I have a few questions which I hope some of you would be able to shed some light on.

I noticed that you guys have talked about many subjects. One of the topic that was less discussed was about medical examination.
Most of you may be young(unlike me) and may not worry about your health so much.

First of of all, how are the doctors ?. Friendly ?. or extremely scrutinicing ?.

Who would be the best physicians in Canada for CP medical ?.

Does the interviews for CP ask for your current salary these days?.

Appreciate your input
Thank you
Now4CP

I am new to this forum.
I find it very very very helpful, that each of you are willing to share your thoughts, wisdom and experiences .

I have a few questions which I hope some of you would be able to shed some light on.

I noticed that you guys have talked about many subjects. One of the topic that was less discussed was about medical examination.
Most of you may be young(unlike me) and may not worry about your health so much.

First of of all, how are the doctors ?. Friendly ?. or extremely scrutinicing ?.

Who would be the best physicians in Canada for CP medical ?.

Does the interviews for CP ask for your current salary these days?.

Appreciate your input
Thank you
Now4CP

140 - cp

it took me about 6 months as I took things really easy. you can get it done probly in about 4 months if you have everything lined up.

Hi rzz1gv,

I assume that you went for CP in Montreal. How long did it take for you to get the Police Certificate from the Indian Consulate.
Did you get it from Toronto? Do you know how long it is valid for?
Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

shya2001

The police certificate from the indian consulate in Toronto took a couple of weeks. They were quite efficient about the process and it came just as they had committed - probably before actually.

The "certificate" is really just a note that on their records there is nothing against you. There is no validity date on the certificate but as per the notes on this thread about a year appears to be ok.

Good luck

Change in Submitting CP documents?

Guys: As far as I know, the police and birth certificate are usually sent with Packet 3. Now NVC has asked us to send only the 230 form pas for Packet 3; and they are saying on their web site that the other documents are submitted at the interview date by the candidate as part of Packet 4.

Did anybody experience this? it seems to me there is change in the order the documents are submitted.

Regards.