Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Re: Checking case status at NVC

Unlike INS (for LC & 140), NVC does talk to the beneficiary. So, feel free to call them about your case. Of course, if an issue arises that requires action on your part, be sure to work with your lawyer. Also, calling NVC often will not expedite your case, and will not sit well with the operators. Previous posts in this thread will give you and idea of timelines for various steps in NVC\'s processing, and may help you pace your queries :)

CP in Canada

Hello All!

I have Canada PR. I will be landing in Canada in Sep\' 02 and will be returning back to US to work. My GC is under process and thinking of going for CP. Am I eligible to select Canada for CP? or I need select my country of origin(India) for CP?

Please give your thoughts.

Regards,

PK

???????Probable interview date??????

Hi cpers, I m trying to guesstimate my interview date at montreal. My P3 review was completed on 21 may (missed 20th deadline by one day). NVC sent info to washington on 20th June for getting a visa number. Today I spoke to NVC operator and she said they will receive visa numbers in the 2nd week of JULY!!!
(Q1. Does it take them this long to get visa number???)

This would mean that assuming they give me atleast a month\'s notice (p4) for the interview date, my earliest chance for interview would be third or fourth week of August. I was hopiing it would be in the first week of AUgust and was planning my vacation accordingly.

5/21 - P3 reviewed.
6/20 - nvc requests visa number.
7/15 ??- visa number received.
7/20 ??- P4 mailed out after setting interview date with montreal.
8/20 ?? - Interview date ( a month from p4 mailout)

Q2. Do I have any chance of getting an earlier date????????
Please help gurus!!!

Interview

Based on my own experience, you will get the visa number sooner than the 2nd week. The NVC always seems to caution on the conservative side. I would think you are looking at early to mid August. Follow up with the NVC next week. They will give you the date over the phone. Brian.

No Title

I would call early July and every other day afterwards so you can plan early. That\'s what I did. I found out about my interview on the third of April and the interview was on May 6th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Brian, Nagib & Ara2000

Thanks for your quick responses. I will try to be prepared for early to mid August interview and keep this forum posted of any developments.

interview anticipation- August or Sept

Hello GCDrone! glad to hear from you again...Brian, Ara2000 and other experienced CPers...now i think we now know the anticipation that all of you felt as the interview approached. nms, Nagib...and others expecting a august or sept. interview, my anticipation is kicking in.
best regards,
pkv2

????? company documents & info???????

Hi cpers, will I need to carry company info like annual reports, Tax info for the interview? I have read in some parts of this site that some of interviewees do carry these. Is it required and does the p4 (appointment letter) ask for specific company info to be presented at the interview? Brian, ara2000 & other gurus please shed some light based on your experiences and the P4 that you might have received. Thanks.

I don\'t think so

I brought some stuff but was not asked. I had provided it with the I-140 and they had my whole petition there. The only thing that is required is whatever is listed in the Packet 4. Brian.

????brian & ara2000- contents of packet-4????

Brian & ara2000, I know that the contents of P4 can be individual specific but could you elaborate on what you personally were asked to bring, just so that i can get a idea.
thanks,
nms

hi, p3 reached NVC on 6/7. Is August interview possible?

HI, everyone, my p3 has finally reached national visa center today. It is sent to St. Loius on 5/14, received by the bank on 5/18.I don\'t know how long for the review. If it completes before June 20th, is it possible for an interview date in August?
By the way, what is done during review? The operator said they will see if I am eligible. Then if I am, the interview should be only formality. If not, then the interview funtions to refuse me.
Any idea?
Thanks.

P4

Somewhere, about 200 messages ago, I posted what was asked for in my P4 :). To show you how much has changed in a short amount of time, I was only required to send photocopies of all my stuff. I was asked for the standard BC, MC, PCC, medical results, photos, and DS230 II. The only really tricky part is going to be an item called "evidence of support". For employment-based immigration, you should have: employment letter, last 3 years of tax returns, bank statements, and I-134s of you have dependants (including children who are US Citizens). Based on other people\'s testimonies, you may be asked for all, some, or none of these. I also brought my company\'s last Annual Report and my last 4 pay stubs...turned out to be excess baggage. I hope this helps. Brian.

Hi, what is administrative approval process?

called on June 25. P3 is under review. Forms and P3 has been reviewed.Now is under administrative approval process.
Anyone knows what is administrative approval process? Guess it is the last step before ordering visa number. Is there any possbility that any problem will occur during this phase?
Thanks.

ara2000

Hello ara,
Good to hear from you. I am fine. Visit this site once in a while. As you may have discovered, life pretty much remains the same after gc!

Tax question for P4 and interview documents

Brian and others,

Tax returns for P4:
I seem to have misplaced one year\'s tax return...2000....i went to the local IRS office and the lady there gave me a printout of all my tax filings since my first year of work in the US...and stamped them with their local office stamp....is this what are tax transcripts.

i had requested tax transcripts from IRS...but never received them.

any suggestions?

thanks,
pkv2

Tax transcripts

On the IRS website (www.irs.gov), there is a form to request tax transcripts. You fill it out and mail it to the same office you had sent your 2000 return. Within 3 weeks, they will mail you a summary of your return for that year. That long with your W2 should suffice. Brian.