Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

pcc

I have filed for CP at montreal. Was thinking of arranging for PCC in advance from countries that I lived since I was 16 yrs. UAE does not give Police certificates to people who currently do not live in UAE. Any thoughts? Anyone in a similar situation? Thanks

PCC

I have filed for CP at montreal. Was thinking of arranging for PCC in advance from countries that I lived since I was 16 yrs. UAE does not give Police certificates to people who currently do not live in UAE. Any thoughts? Anyone in a similar situation? Thanks

$110 sounds like the CPox vaccine...

Ara2000: I believe $110 would have had to include the Chicken Pox vaccine. I know in Ottawa, the doctor told me IF I needed it it would be $75 above the cost of the physical. Cpox is the one shot that if you declare you have had, or doctor believes you have had, does not need to be given. I know MMR and TD shots are not that costly as vaccines. As to why you didnt get the shot for the non-immune titer test result, it is the panel physician judgment. Possibly you had a borderline count and as I assume you arent under 14, the doctor might not have seen a high enough risk for you to warrant the vaccine, especially MMR which as diseases are now uncommon in the US and Canada.

No Title

1. It was like randomly double checking the stuff that\'s on your forms already. Mostly she goes over the entire stack of papers.
2. Our interview was at 9:30 but I got in at 7:30. Then waited for to go up at 8:00. I was the first in line but unfortunately things worked out in a way I could not get the first number but I got number 7. Once the numbers are given the appointment time has no meaning. While going upstairs they had told us to go to Window 25 but when we arrived at the 19th floor the officer there made us all sit in the waiting area and then he disappeared. While we were waiting there a second group came up and went straight to Window 25 and started taking numbers. By the time I figured out what was going on six numbers were already given away. The first two numbers were done by 9:30. We were done at about 11:00.

Received Plastic Card

I promised to post when I got the plastic card. My husband and I both got our cards today in the mail. They came from Texas in a plain envelope. It has been 16 days since we crossed the border!

Ara2000 Congratulations!! and Morgan-Thank You

Ara2000,
congrats!!! good luck on your post-GC life. Question-do you have to fill in DS230 from memory or can you look (and fill) from the one you have with you (copy of that sent in P3)?

Morgan,
great news on the cards....thanks for following up as you promised.

Don\'t you love this group!! i think i have learnt a lot about immunizations. I don\'t have records of immunizations...therefore, i am depending on the panel physicians to give/not give vaccinations.....right.....still waiting.
pkv2

DS230

You don\'t have to fill in the DS230 at the consulate, you just have to sign the one that you sent in with Packet 3. They will have it there.

Go for Antibody titers

Hi PKV2,

If you had vaccinations earlier, i would suggest you to get the antibody titers done. These indicate clearly the immunization you have. That should make the medical process fast and smoother.

I spoke to Panel Physicians office in toronto. She offered to give Td in her office but I will get these shot here from my doctor to make things smooth and trouble free.

Cheers,

No Title

Make sure your insurance covers the blood titers. Mine did not and till now I\'m fighting with them. I have PPO which I think is a good insurance. I got a bill of little over $1,000 for myself and my wife. I wish somebody had warned me before.

Ouch

Ara2000: Sorry to hear the bill is that high. I was about to post that titer tests are probably a lot more than just getting the vaccination....I figured maybe a few hundred dollars...but a thousand....damn....

And for what its worth, I have a very good PPO myself, and in general, any kind of non standard elective procedures are not covered (ie: insurance physicals, exams/tests for Visas etc.). You might be able to get your PPO to give you a network provider discount on the service, if you used a network provider. If you went to a non-network provider, you are probably not going to be able to get any part of it covered. Just be sure to keep in regular touch with the billing service. They expect many patients to contest charges, and resolution can take a month or two. However, once a decision is made by the billing service/PPO as to what you owe, dont wait too long to pay or else your account may be turned over to a collection agency and potentially affect your credit rating. For $1,000, its not worth taking that kind of risk. Hope this helps.

I did not know that

Sorry guys,

I did not know the cost of getting Antibody titers. Mine were paid by insurance. And hope yours will cover that.
My only problem is the one of the antibody virus came less that required and so now i have to get one shot again.

Cheers

PCC from Pakistan

according to state deptt report of March 2002, PCC is now available for Pakistan through " applicants district coordinating office"???, I am sweating over this, has any one in this forum gotton a PCC from PK, if so kindly share your experience.
No need to say that this is a great forum, There is so much to learn and I am in a very preliminary stage of my CP, I do plan to share my experience time to time as I learn and proceed.

Successful CPIV

Just got back from my interview. It\'s good to be home. I\'m not going to re-hash a lot of details others gave, but rather post a few different observations.

1) Pictures at Tony\'s. As it turns out, Tony is from the same ethnic church that I grew up with and he had done the weddings of several of my mother\'s friends. I was told I needed 5 pictures and all 5 were used up. The consulate told me I needed two more for the POE. Based on postings here, I did not get them and they were not required.

2) Medical at MDS Executive. All went well. I found the doctor asked a lot of unnecessary questions, such as an explanation of a scar I got on my knee when I was 6 years old.

3) Interview. I surprised by the lack of identity of anything American inside the consulate itself. Except for a poster urging American Citizens to vote while abroad, I would never have believed I was inside the consulate. I was not asked for IR-9003 nor tax W2/tax returns. Interview scheduling seemed to be based on the number of visas required. Single people went in first while my family (wife and son, and my US-born daughter) went almost last. I had a self petitioned EB-1 EA case and I was afraid the Consular Officer was going to hammer me. Instead, we had a pleasant one minute conversation followed by being handed a slip to pay for 3 visas. All in all, everybody was really nice at the consulate, even security, who gave my kids stickers. CP rocks.

4) POE: Entered this morning at Champlain, NY. The INS guy who processed us was great. He was playful with my kids and seemed genuinely happy to be welcoming us to the United States.

Brian

Congratualtions Leroy

Congratulations. Must be great to have it all finished with. My family and I fly out next Tuesday.

You said that they didn\'t ask for I-9003 or your W2\'s, but what documents DID they ask for? I keep having these nightmares that I have forgotten something and it\'s 3000 miles away. Thanks for your help, and again, congratulations.

Thanks

Thanks. It feels great.

They asked for originals of birth/marriage certificates (only provided copies with P3), PCC\'s, medical results, and "evidence of support". Here are my details regarding evidence of support:

P3: Not asked for employment letter nor income stuff
    Was specifically asked for I-134 (Affadevit of Support)

P4: Not asked for employment letter nor IR-9003, just "evidence of support"

Interview: Not asked for IR-9003 nor income tax stuff. Was asked for employment letter. Since I had a self petition which was not dependant on an offer of employment, this may have been more to show that I was still working in the area that made up part of my petition...who knows. Bring one of everything and you should be OK.

Good luck, and relax. The constant chiming of the board displaying where you are supposed to go (you\'ll see what I mean) keeps everybody distracted enough to keep them off edge. One lady came out of the interview booth and declared loudly to the whole room, "My lawyer had me worried for nothing." Everybody laughed. Also, the consulate would really do well with a coffee machine.

Brian

Congrats GCIndian

Congrats GC Indian!! Well, its nice to know that even though you did not have the current letter...everything worked out after you sent the documents.

QUESTION
I am asking a question that i asked RWeThere before....if you are from India....what police clearance letters did you have to get. i lived in a number of places in India and it would be almost impossible to get PCCs from all these places...therefore, sent one from the Indian Consulate General in Chicago. any problems?

its 13 working days since i sent my P3 to St. Louis...NVC hasnt\' yet received it....other\'s comments?

thanks and please reply

pkv2

Surprisingly fast getting the cards.

Can you tell me which bridge (peace, rainbow, whirlpool, or lewiston) you used? Thanks.