Misc. OCI Application Questions

I like to confirm the exact fee for OCI for PIO card holders.

Consulate General of India San Francisco (FAQ page shows: $145)
http://www.cgisf.org/

Part B of the OCI application under section 7 (Enclosures for each applicant) shows $25.

I appreciate if any one can respond ASAP.

The new fee is $145 effective Sept 16. It used to be $25 before that and some places have not been updated yet.

Hi guys, I have a somewhat basic question about part-A of the OCI online application form. I have a need to apply for myself and my 3 year old daughter but not my wife at this point of time. Should I apply individually for both of us or as Family with my daughter listed as a minor and omitting out my wife's details on the family form? Which is correct?

Hi guys, I have a somewhat basic question about part-A of the OCI online application form. I have a need to apply for myself and my 3 year old daughter but not my wife at this point of time. Should I apply individually for both of us or as Family with my daughter listed as a minor and omitting out my wife's details on the family form? Which is correct?

You can apply as a family and leave the spouse section blank.

Hi,

I have a qn regarding number of copies of Form A and Form B.

I'm applying for myself and two kids. When I filled online application, it generated indivdual copies of Form A (3 copies - one for each applicant) and one common copy for Form B.

I understand that I have to two sets. 1. Does two sets mean two sets of (3 Form A + 1 Form B)? 2. Or Does it mean two sets for each applicant? - In this case number of From As will be the same, but there will be 6 Form Bs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
sfoctzn

Hi,

I have a qn regarding number of copies of Form A and Form B.

I'm applying for myself and two kids. When I filled online application, it generated indivdual copies of Form A (3 copies - one for each applicant) and one common copy for Form B.

I understand that I have to two sets. 1. Does two sets mean two sets of (3 Form A + 1 Form B)? 2. Or Does it mean two sets for each applicant? - In this case number of From As will be the same, but there will be 6 Form Bs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
sfoctzn

1. two sets of (3 Form A + 1 Form B)

Can I travel to India while OCI is pending

Folks, is it okay to travel to India on a visa while OCI is pending?

Thanks akgarg. I thought so too.

I asked this questions because SFO Indian Consulate website has the following:

"The completed application form (Part-A & Part- B) must be submitted in TWO SETS for EACH APPLICANT to the Consulate. "

It did not make any sense for me two supply 6 copies of Part B for 3 applicants. In this case, application for the family did not make any sense.

Friends,

I am filing the OCI for my family (Wife, Son, daughter and myself). Shall I send one Postal Money order of $1100 ($275 X 4) or $275 Postal MO for each separately?

Friends,

I am filing the OCI for my family (Wife, Son, daughter and myself). Shall I send one Postal Money order of $1100 ($275 X 4) or $275 Postal MO for each separately?

Postal money orders (obtained from a post office) can only be issued for $1000 or less one one money order. In your case you have to buy for smaller amounts, you can choose to split it into 2 money orders or 4 (2 each of $550 or 4 each of $275).

Hi,

I have a qn on Part B. My children are citizen of USA by birth. I'm a naturalized citizen.

For question 20 (Previous Nationality of Applicants), I'll mention"By naturalization" for me. What should I state for my children? Can I not mention anything as they dont have a previous nationality?

Thanks,
sfoctzn

Hi,

I have a qn on Part B. My children are citizen of USA by birth. I'm a naturalized citizen.

For question 20 (Previous Nationality of Applicants), I'll mention"By naturalization" for me. What should I state for my children? Can I not mention anything as they dont have a previous nationality?

Thanks,
sfoctzn

For previous nationality, say "your name" - India; "child name" - N/A...

Sorry guys, one more question. The OCI app. asks for the Place of Issue of the US PP and there is none on the there. I applied from San Francisco, so is that what I would put down?