Misc. OCI Application Questions

Hi,

So I've filled out the online portion of the application, and have printed out the offline section.

At around question 23, it says "I/We (blank) solemnly and sincerely declare that the foregoing particulars stated on this application are true, ..."

Then it asks you to fill in the place, and has two signatures.

What am I meant to put in for Place? USA?
Also why two signatures? Should I just sign one under my name?

Thanks.

I put my city, state (ex: Charlotte, NC)

Two signatures: for both the spouses (me at one space and my wife signed at the other).

Cheers,
speedy

Part B of the application is common to all the applicants. Question 18 asks about date & method of acquisition of present nationality; and 19 asks about previous nationality. Me & my spouse are naturalized US citizens, and the kid is born in USA.

Do you folks use a separate piece of paper to fill this information, or do you fill it out in the provided tiny space.

Part B of the application is common to all the applicants. Question 18 asks about date & method of acquisition of present nationality; and 19 asks about previous nationality. Me & my spouse are naturalized US citizens, and the kid is born in USA.

Do you folks use a separate piece of paper to fill this information, or do you fill it out in the provided tiny space.

Just fill it out in the space provided using 2 lines:
Name1 & Name2: by naturalization
Name3 & Name4: by birth

Family Application - One App is not processed

Hello forum'ers

I applied for OCI along with my parents (who are over 65). I sent the three apps together in one package. All were acknowledged in March. My parents application is already approved and shows as granted. However my app has no change of status after acknowledgment. Is this normal? Does it take longer in some circumstances?

How to check if there is any hold? Do I contact someone? If so, do I need to wait 3 months before I do?

Thanks

Minor Child - OCI CARD

Is my son of 18 years of age will be considered minor per India PART-A application?
Can I be able to include him as in family application or he needs to apply as an individual?

Please let me know . Thanks in advance..

Is my son of 18 years of age will be considered minor per India PART-A application?
Can I be able to include him as in family application or he needs to apply as an individual?

Please let me know . Thanks in advance..

You can include him in your family application - we did the same and there were no issues.

Hello forum'ers

I applied for OCI along with my parents (who are over 65). I sent the three apps together in one package. All were acknowledged in March. My parents application is already approved and shows as granted. However my app has no change of status after acknowledgment. Is this normal? Does it take longer in some circumstances?

How to check if there is any hold?
-----Contact the Consulate
Do I contact someone?
------you did not post the info of Consulate where your OCI application was sent
If so, do I need to wait 3 months before I do?
---- you can contact them today.Provide the online REGISTRATION number Name, address and inform them that you applied with parents application.Thanks
---

I am going to apply tomorrow for my OCI card.. I am ready with the following.

1. PART-A
2. PART- B
3. PHOTOS
4. US PASSPORT COPY - NOTARIZED.
5. INIDIA PASSPORT COPY - SELF ATTAESTED
6. INDIA PASSPORT - ORIGINAL.
7. CASHIER CHECK FOR $295. ( $275 + $20) - ONE CHECK.

Am I missing anything else? please let me know.. thanks in advance

I am going to apply tomorrow for my OCI card.. I am ready with the following.

1. PART-A (you will also need Second Copy of Part A with photo pasted)
2. PART- B
3. PHOTOS (how many? did you check the Consulate site?)
4. US PASSPORT COPY - NOTARIZED. ( you will also need copy of US passport to be attached with Second SET that will incluse Part A with photo pasted, Copy of Indian passport ,Extra Photo, NYC Indian consulate need Copy of DL or Utility bill for US address)
5. INIDIA PASSPORT COPY - SELF ATTAESTED (you will also attach in Second SET)
6. INDIA PASSPORT - ORIGINAL. ( Indian consulate NYC dont need ORIGINAL Indan Passport with OCI application)
7. CASHIER CHECK FOR $295. ( $275 + $20) - ONE CHECK.

Am I missing anything else? please let me know.. thanks in advance

You did not post where you are filing your OCI application and must read the Threds realted to that Consulate or read the info on particular Consulate.
Are you not applying for your Son who is 18 year old with your application?

Contact from Consulate?

If any required information is missing from OCI application (or they need something else), will the consulate contact using email or postal mail?
Anyone have personal experience with this?
Thanks.

G

There have been instances of consulates sending emails, and there have been instances of consulates sending the whole packet back.

If any required information is missing from OCI application (or they need something else), will the consulate contact using email or postal mail?
Anyone have personal experience with this?
Thanks.

G
Indian Consulate NYC sends the file back to you after 25-30 days. Many have wasted 5 weeks with NYC.

Friends, my wife and I passed the Citizenship test on this Monday and going for the Oath on this Friday. I have a situation and was wondering if my fellow expert friends may give me some suggestions on how to proceed.

Travel Situation:
1) My wife along with kids planning on going to India in Mid-June this year (Kids already have PIO).
2) I am planning on going in Mid-August to bring them back.
3) We have not booked tickets yet, I know it will be a bit expensive but can not buy until I have a clear picture on passport/visa situation.

Passport Situation:
We will be applying the passports right after our Oath ceremony this Friday.

Questions/Suggestions needed:
1) Since my wife is planning on going in Mid-June, I am thinking to apply her passport by regular method (3 weeks) and get her a Indian Visa (2 weeks), she should have everything set by 3rd week of May. I will get her OCI after she gets back in the country after vacations.
Q. Is it a good idea, any other ideas/suggestions?
Q. Which Visa it should be - Entry Visa or Tourist Visa?

2) Since I would be going in Mid-August, I am thinking to apply my passport by Expedite method (1 week?) so that I could get it fast and than apply for OCI and expect it to come before my travel dates.
Q. Is it a good idea, any other ideas/suggestions?
Q.Will I have enough time before traveling in Mid-August, If I receive my passport by end of April I will still have 3 and half months time?

Any ideas or suggestions from any of you could really help me deciding this? I really appreciate it.

Few qns. regarding OCI

Hello,

Ready to apply OCI, appreciate reply to few qns. I have...

Do I need to send these in addition to normal application checklist?

1.Attach 2 set of two photographs with each separate Part-A application?
2. copy of naturalization certificate also or copy of US passport will be suffice?
3. Old cancelled indian passport as well?
4. Can I send Fedex prepaid envelop instead of USPS? I don't understand why they want $18.50 prepaid USPS envelop just to send passport back? It should take $2.41 max.

Online OCI Registration - Question

Hi,

When I fill PartA online, which passport information do I provide? Do I provide my information from Indian Passport or US Passport?

- Also, I had my name changed legally during naturalization. So, which name do i provide in the online applications.

Thanks.
Pavizvi.