Michigan SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't get any queries,but i haven't received any news either.. this sucks cos even the chicago DOL is delayed by another 2 months..all in all, people who applied in jan 03 are looking at a 18 month total processing time!
i blame my lawyers for this - they took 6 months to file my case..

guys, i called the labor dept..they said they are working on Feb 03 cases and that approvals for jan 03 have already been sent to the attorneys..anyone here got an approval?

Moved to Chicago

My state labor has been approved and moved to Chicago on Jan 23rd 2004. I came to know when I contacted my attorney today.

PD Jan 2nd 2003

Let me try my luck at Chicago DOL, wish u all the best.

gc4sa, do u know why they took 3 weeks to transfer your case?? also, do u know when ur attorney was informed about the transfer?

oops..neglect the first question, i misread it..i just need to know how long after the approval the lawyer was informed...

MI labor

I do not know when they got the info about my labor status, but I was told that they were busy.

Usually the attorney will be notified after 2 weeks of approval or moving to DOL.

Hi GC4SA03 / Puhrince

Thanks for your info. It may be the practice that whenever MI Labor transfers the file to DOL Chicago, they inform the lawyer after a couple of weeks or so. But does that mean, in the case of rejection and RFEs, they inform the lawyers almost immediately? The reason I am asking this question, my PD is Jan 19th, 03 and there are others in this forum who have PDs in Jan 03, and have not heard anything from the Lawyers.

Higcoptimist

Hi GC4SA03 / Puhrince

Thanks for your info. It may be the practice that whenever MI Labor transfers the file to DOL Chicago, they inform the lawyer after a couple of weeks or so. But does that mean, in the case of rejection and RFEs, they inform the lawyers almost immediately? The reason I am asking this question, my PD is Jan 19th, 03 and there are others in this forum who have PDs in Jan 03, and have not heard anything from the Lawyers.

Higcoptimist

higc, earlier i saw a guy with PD Jan 07 getting his approval on Feb 23..so based on that, we shud have got ours by now. I suggest you ask your attorney to call the labor dept. to inquire on your status since they are already working on Feb 03 cases now

Business Necessity Letter...

Just for everyone's information:

(PD: Jan 31, 2003)

My lawyer got a query from the state labor processing authority for a "business necessity letter" to explain the narrow requirements for my job description, which requires legal and technical qualifications. My lawyer took some two weeks to respond. The letter is apparently very simple and just has more explanation of the job description since the labor cert. form hardly has scope for details to be included therein.

I wonder how long it will take from now for the case to move to Chicago! Any ideas?

shudn't take long...but at the same time,i am still wondering how long it takes for them to notify us when the case moves to chicago..i haven't recd any notification nor has my lawyer even though the labor dept says they are processing feb 03 cases

Hi Guys,

Just checked with the lawyer. So far nothing has been heard from MI SESA. We are hoping to get some news this week.

higc, can u ask your lawyer to call the labor dept and check on the status? they answer it only if the lawyer calls..wondering whats going on out there cos everytime i call up they say they are working on feb 03 cases..

Processing times...

MI MDCD updated processing times...

Case Status:
Currently processing Regular cases received during 04/2001
Currently processing Reduction-in-Recruitment cases received during 02/2003

well they have been working on them since last 2 weeks...i called the labor dept today to find out about my case - they said they are not sure why my case hasn't been transferred to chicago as yet..what a joke

Hi Puhrince,

My Lawyer checked with the MI Labor, yesterday and talked to the person handling my file. He is verifying the wage requirement/determination and will proceed accordingly. Has anybody been in similar situation?

Good luck to you guys .

Higcoptimist

higc, do u know why they hadn't called your lawyer themselves until then? I mean were they waiting for your lawyer to call them?

Puhrince,

My Lawyer did call him a couple of weeks back and was told that the case was under evaluation. Now when the Analyst was called again to follow up, my lawyer was given the above reply.

Do they ever call the lawyers by themselves? I am not sure and I do not think so.

Higcoptimist

2 weeks back huh...but when i called the labor dept 2 weeks back,they said they were finished with jan 03 cases... wondering why they said that then

Status
Not open for further replies.