May 2009 AOS filers

Guys,

How do we know that the applications are moving over to CSC? And do parent's AOS likely get interview?

Thanks

If you register your case online, then you'll get an email when applications are moved to CSC.

Some parents do get to appear for interviews.

EAD Card

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........finally i got my EAD card. I am so happy..........now i am a free man.......can work for any employer......tonight going to be a big party................Good Luck Everybody

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........finally i got my EAD card. I am so happy..........now i am a free man.......can work for any employer......tonight going to be a big party................Good Luck Everybody

Congrats!.:cool: I think you were eagerly looking for a job..suggestion:- maybe the big party can wait until after the job is secured!

Thank you second stage and swirelchair. I need to celebrate this bcoz i was waiting for such a long time. now i am gonna try to find fulltime job in NJ. tomorrow i am gonna renew my Driver License on EAD.

Guru!!!

Congrats!.:cool: I think you were eagerly looking for a job..suggestion:- maybe the big party can wait until after the job is secured!

My mom got a letter to appear for interview. The interview is associated with her I-485, what happens to I-130? Is interview the last step or do we have to wait until I-130 is approved before she gets GC?

Thank you. My happines was short lived as she got a "Request for applicant to appear for an Initial Interview" letter in mail on her I-485.

The letter has a long checklist of all documents I have to assemble and take with me.. looks like documentation for another application :(

No approval for I-130 yet.. Updates in signature..

Congrats! :)

We should start seeing May filers applications moved to CSC. Am afraid I haven't seen a single case so far and this doesn't bode well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. My happines was short lived as she got a "Request for applicant to appear for an Initial Interview" letter in mail on her I-485.

The letter has a long checklist of all documents I have to assemble and take with me.. looks like documentation for another application :(

No approval for I-130 yet.. Updates in signature..

I feel your pain. I was happy to see the interview letter but then I saw the long checklist of documents I have take with me to the interview. They are requesting the same documents that were sent with I-485. :confused:

I feel your pain. I was happy to see the interview letter but then I saw the long checklist of documents I have take with me to the interview. They are requesting the same documents that were sent with I-485. :confused:

We both seem to be in the same boat.. I have 2 months to stress about the interview now :(

Parents got their SSNs.

Parents received their SSN's in the mail today.

DO : Tampa - FL
-----------
04/28/2009 : Sent AOS for Parents(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
04/29/2009 : Package Delivered.
05/05/2009 : Checks Cashed.
05/08/2009 : Received all 8 NOAs
05/15/2009 : Received FingerPrint Notices for 06/02/2009
05/19/2009 : FP done -> walk -in
05/29/2009 : AP and EAD approval email for both of my parents.
06/05/2009 : Received AP in the mail.
06/06/2009 : Received EAD in the mail.
06/12/2009 : Parents applied for SSN.
06/23/2009 : Parents received their SSN.

Hello,
I received yesterday the interview letter, scheduled for August 26. No update on the website but it says it was sent on June 17.
They scheduled my interview during the only week I am supposed to be in South America for a wedding, but from what I read around it is better if I cancel and keep the interview date rather than reschedule.

Any suggestions on the point?

Thanks

U.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi.. im new here and my husband and i filed i130 and i485 last may.. i dont know what i was thinking but i did not file the i765 till june.. i just want to know the progress of your application.. thanks..

here's my timeline
may7, 2009-- sent out i130 & i485 to chicago lockbox
may18, 2009-- received NOA (receipt notice)
may 21, 2009-- received biometrics appointment letter
june2, 2009-- sent out i765 to chicago lockbox
june5,2009-- biometrics for i485
june15,2009-- recieved NOA for i765
june19,2009--received biometrics appointment for i765
july7,2009--biometrics appointment (still to be done)

guess i should have filed everything together.. two separate appointments for biometrics isn't what i had in mind.. anyway, i was wondering how long the wait for the interview is.. because my husband is scheduled to be deployed to iraq this october.. :(

Hi,

This is the first thread I saw for May 2009 filers.

Anyway, here's mine for now.

DO: Los Angeles, CA

04/30/2009 - Sent in I-130, I-485 and I-765 packages
05/01/2009 - Received at Lockbox in Chicago, IL

Awaiting checks to be cashed and for NOAs.

Goodluck to everybody! ;p