May 2009 AOS filers

No NOA for me today. And the checks haven't been cashed as of yet. Maybe if I don't get them tomorrow, I would be a bit worried.

No NOA for me today. And the checks haven't been cashed as of yet. Maybe if I don't get them tomorrow, I would be a bit worried.

Thats strange coz I got NOAs a week after they received my application.

Maybe it depends on how busy your DO is or somethin. wait until this week then if NOAs aren't there yet, give them a call.

Sometimes it might take a little bit longer time for the mail to be delivered from NBC to local depends on where you live. One good tip is to compare your timeline to other's that is close to yours. Good luck!

Hi All,
I did file my AOS in May'09,and i have received my FP appointment,please is there any negative implication of doing a walk-in before your scheduled appointment?though i noticed in this forum that lot of applicant have done a walk-in.

Thanks!

Hi All,
I did file my AOS in May'09,and i have received my FP appointment,please is there any negative implication of doing a walk-in before your scheduled appointment?though i noticed in this forum that lot of applicant have done a walk-in.

Thanks!

As long as you have a valid reason, you can try an early walk-in.

Hi everyone,

Just received an email from CRIS today stating that they sent out a letter for an RFE for my I-485 app today and it says my I-485 is on hold until they receive the RFE from me.

Do you think my I-765 is on hold too? It didn't say it was but I'm just curious though.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rfe

Just received an email from CRIS today stating that they sent out a letter for an RFE for my I-485 app today and it says my I-485 is on hold until they receive the RFE from me.

Do you think my I-765 is on hold too? It didn't say it was but I'm just curious though.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

sorry to say that.....but yes...I-765 also on hold untill they received requested documents for I-485. if possible try to send requested documents back to USCIS as soon as possible.
Good Luck!!

Awww man..... that's fine but it didn't say which doc they wanted from me in the email. guess I'll have to wait for the letter in mail.

Thanks Guru

Thanks!

Everything based on I-485 puts on hold whenever a RFE is issued/sent out. Nothing will move further until USCIS receives the required information. And if they don't receive the said information within time as given then whole I-485 will be denied...and denial of I-485 means is deportation. Thus, it's very important to make sure USCIS receives the required information on time. People should use either certified mail or delivery confirmation mail whenever they respond to a RFE; otherwise they will find themselves in a big mess if there mail gets lost because sometime mails do get lost.

Everything based on I-485 puts on hold whenever a RFE is issued/sent out. Nothing will move further until USCIS receives the required information. And if they don't receive the said information within time as given then whole I-485 will be denied...and denial of I-485 means is deportation. Thus, it's very important to make sure USCIS receives the required information on time. People should use either certified mail or delivery confirmation mail whenever they respond to a RFE; otherwise they will find themselves in a big mess if there mail gets lost because sometime mails do get lost.

Well taken.

Thanks JohnnyCash for the usefull info.

I didn't submit my med records yet coz I'm still waiting for my bloodworks, do you think this is what they are asking for? or could it be my son's BC coz I forgot to include it. As far as I know they will only ask the med records by the time of the interview. hhhhmmm... makes me wonder

Well taken.

Thanks JohnnyCash for the usefull info.

I didn't submit my med records yet coz I'm still waiting for my bloodworks, do you think this is what they are asking for? or could it be my son's BC coz I forgot to include it. As far as I know they will only ask the med records by the time of the interview. hhhhmmm... makes me wonder

RFE could be for anything that is missing in your application. Most of the times USCIS asks for documents that were already submitted along with the application....It could be because USCIS is tend to either misplace the documents while in transit within their office...one desk/section to another, and other time they just completely overlook those documents inside the application. But in your situation, it seems they are requesting for Medical report and probably your son's BC given you are receiving a RFE so early after filing the application.

And keep it in mind that RFE can be sent out more than once for all kind of information and even until the 3 weeks before the interview. Very rarely some clerks in USCIS overlook a medical report and ask to submit it at the time of interview; otherwise submitting of medical report along with application is mandatory.

RFE could be for anything that is missing in your application. Most of the times USCIS asks for documents that were already submitted along with the application....It could be because USCIS is tend to either misplace the documents while in transit within their office...one desk/section to another, and other time they just completely overlook those documents inside the application. But in your situation, it seems they are requesting for Medical report and probably your son's BC given you are receiving a RFE so early after filing the application.

And keep it in mind that RFE can be sent out more than once for all kind of information and even until the 3 weeks before the interview. Very rarely some clerks in USCIS overlook a medical report and ask to submit it at the time of interview; otherwise submitting of medical report along with application is mandatory.

Alright, thanks alot :) oh and by the way, do you happen to know how long it'll take for the surgeon to mail my med report after I have done it?

Thanks