May 2009 AOS filers

Received FP notices today for my parents and its scheduled for 06/02/2009.

They are in another state and travelling at the moment. Can they goto the nearest ASC center(I can mail them the FP notices) or does it have to be at the location specified in the letter?

I believe it should be on the specified location on the FP letter.

Good news guys.... i got mine FP notice for May 29 at Elizabeth,NJ ASC. will they allow early FP (walkin) if i have valid reason( flight ticket)?? I am planning to go for early walkin on May 22 after 2pm. Does anybody have any experience with Elizabeth ASC,NJ.

Guru!!

Hi everyone,

I just sent my application this afternoon. Petition thru marriage, my husband is a USC. I'll be updating my status from time to time.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone,

I just sent my application this afternoon. Petition thru marriage, my husband is a USC. I'll be updating my status from time to time.

Good luck to everyone!

welcome! :)

can you put your timeline on your signature so we could be updated and would know about your status so far. thanks!

Got my biometrics notice today for June 2nd!!!! (The notice is dated 05/13)
:):):)
It will be at the center on Varick Street.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news guys.... i got mine FP notice for May 29 at Elizabeth,NJ ASC. will they allow early FP (walkin) if i have valid reason( flight ticket)?? I am planning to go for early walkin on May 22 after 2pm. Does anybody have any experience with Elizabeth ASC,NJ.

Guru!!

You can walk-in as long as you have a valid reason.

My parents were able to walk-into another ASC center and complete their FPs this morning but according to them most of the FingerPrints were not legible on the screen and some of the fingers were legible only at about 50% or less.

Does this mean we would eventually get a second FP notice and possible an RFE down the line?

Fp

Thanks second stage. Will let you know how it goes.
For your parents....if USCIS not able to read fingerprints...they gonna send you second notice for FingerPrints......if second Fingerprints also doesnt work....then you have to submit All Clear certificate from Police.......thats what happened with my friend parents.

Guru

You can walk-in as long as you have a valid reason.

My parents were able to walk-into another ASC center and complete their FPs this morning but according to them most of the FingerPrints were not legible on the screen and some of the fingers were legible only at about 50% or less.

Does this mean we would eventually get a second FP notice and possible an RFE down the line?

Hi everyone,

received the FP notice for my wife today. It is 6/4. What is the procedure for a walk-in appointment? My wife is 39 weeks pregnant and I don't if she will be able to make the appointment. I don't want to re-schedule. So what qualifies as a valid reason and how do you prove it? Thanks

A.

My wife is 39 weeks pregnant and I don't if she will be able to make the appointment. I don't want to re-schedule. So what qualifies as a valid reason and how do you prove it?

That's a valid reason in-itself. some ASC's allow early walk-in, others are a bit strict.
You can try to walk-in, nothing to lose!

Questions for those who filed
1) I received the tax transcripts from IRS. Can I make copies of the transcript and send along with I-864 or I need to send the original from IRS.
2) I changed name during my naturalization. Which form should I send along my court order and cert of naturalization? Shouldn't I send them all with I-130, I485, I-864?

Questions for those who filed
1) I received the tax transcripts from IRS. Can I make copies of the transcript and send along with I-864 or I need to send the original from IRS.
2) I changed name during my naturalization. Which form should I send along my court order and cert of naturalization? Shouldn't I send them all with I-130, I485, I-864?

You can make copies or you can request additional transcripts, they are free.
If you make copies, mention that in the cover letter.

If you cert. of naturalization has the 'changed' name then that should suffice. Do read the instructions and see what it says.

Hi everyone,

thanks for the advice secondstage. My wife and I went to the Manhattan ASC today. The security guard downstairs asked us what we there for and I told him that we were trying to do a walk-in biometrics appointment. He said walk-ins are on Wednesday, but that we could try. He also said "don't mention the date of your appointment." We got up there and the guard at the entrance looked at the NOAs and gave us a form to fill out. If she did notice that the appointment wasn't for another 2 weeks, she didn't care. It was relatively quiet, so we filled out the form gave it to the clerk and he took my wife to the fingerprinting station and did the work. All-in-all we were there no more than 20 min. I was shocked how easy it was!

A.

Last edited by a moderator:
FP Done

today.....i just walkin after 2pm for walkin FP. No question asked. they dont even bother about dates. but onething.......for identification, they asked for my passport not driver license. luckily i took my Passport with me. whole process took around half hour.

Guru!!