May 1st illegal immigrants are going to shutdown US

But without them we will get no where ...

ufo2002 said:
Thanks sundar

I really hate the label "Day with Immigrants" that those organizers are using. It was clearly planned out by those pro-illegal groups and then they started asking legal workers and immigrants to join in. Those that do join in just got suckered into becoming pawns for the agenda of those groups.
These actions do not gain you respect from the average citizen.

unfo2002,

I understand and respect your sentiments but the harsh truth is that the only ray of hope for legal immigrants is to support this bill and we cannot do this by opposing illegal immigrants. The major part of the bill deals with illegals and we just have to hope that our provisions sneak in somehow.

There will never be a bill for legal immigrants so we will always have to be grouped with illegals. Its best we accept this.

We do not have to join rallies or boycott work and school but we also cannot join the negative sentiment against the illegals because a negative outcome for them means no respite for us.

regards,

saras

But with them, there is nothing indicating we go either.

saras76 said:
unfo2002,

I understand and respect your sentiments but the harsh truth is that the only ray of hope for legal immigrants is to support this bill and we cannot do this by opposing illegal immigrants. The major part of the bill deals with illegals and we just have to hope that our provisions sneak in somehow.

There will never be a bill for legal immigrants so we will always have to be grouped with illegals. Its best we accept this.

We do not have to join rallies or boycott work and school but we also cannot join the negative sentiment against the illegals because a negative outcome for them means no respite for us.

regards,

saras

Other Bills

saras76 said:
unfo2002,

regards,

saras

saras,
There are other bills such as the SKIL and the PACE where provisions for legal immigrants are included. These bills may have a greater chance of passing through the Congress since they have bipartisan support.
So, it is not completely true that our provisions will always be grouped with illegal alien demands.

Maybe ...

RAYDHAN said:
saras,
There are other bills such as the SKIL and the PACE where provisions for legal immigrants are included. These bills may have a greater chance of passing through the Congress since they have bipartisan support.
So, it is not completely true that our provisions will always be grouped with illegal alien demands.

RAYDHAN,

I am aware of those bills but for some reason I doubt the political will to get those going anytime soon. Thats just my feeling. It would be great if the SKIL and PACE bill made it into law but they don't seem to be getting the political traction needed to turn bills into laws. Just my thoughts .. I hope I am wrong ..

saras

Saras,

At first I also thought that putting our cause into the CIR bill would help us. Until I researched into the past and found some ugly truths that may work against us instead of for us.

1986: Reagan gave amnesty to supposedly 3 million illegals. Fraud happened. These illegals not only got their citizenship, they went ahead and continued to sponsor their families and relatives (look at the situation with the FB category of GC, on average 10 years retrogressed!).

2001: The deadline in April 2001 for all 245i applicants closed in. Signed by Clinton. This time, it affects the EB category.

In the '86 situation, the government didn't think about the "chain migration effect" that would occur once you legalise 3 million ppl.
In 2001, the government didn't think about putting the 245i ppl into a separate quota or at least increase the quota of EB Visa Numbers to accomodate the supposedly 400,000 245i applicants. Keep in mind the 245i are lumped together with EB3.

I have very big doubts that the CIR bill is going to be any better than the two situations I mentioned. The Senate will no doubt somehow screw up the immigration system even further.

saras76 said:
unfo2002,

regards,

saras

hi! I don't agree with you, who does your cooking at the restaurant? who does your landscaping? who bring fruits and vegetables in your grocery? and don't forget that USA was built with immigrant and probalby your grand parents were? just like mine!

so they should do amnesty and then make it hard at the borders, it is not only mexicain that are illegal...

USA will not be USA without immigrant that the story of USA, it always been the American dream...

I don't agree that they should have mexican flags they should use the USA flag and they shoul speak english but what about cuban??? they have everything free when they come here so what difference is it make to make other people legal that at least maybe they ready to learn english and everything, when you go for the naturalization the cubans don't even speak english and me I need it to do a questions test, $$$ etc.. and thems the even have a translater at the ceremony go figure???

so I really think they should do for one more time a amnesty and then make it hard!

saras76 said:
I understand and respect your sentiments but the harsh truth is that the only ray of hope for legal immigrants is to support this bill and we cannot do this by opposing illegal immigrants.

Saras ... this is the real point.. and almost we can take this as closing arguments.

The undocumented do not need us ... or our support ... But it is cetain that if we are to win ... we must piggyback on them.

They have show of strength .. impossible they will be caught and sent back..
If the Govt does ( and it will) something very positive to them ... we will get a good deal too......

I don't necessarily like to start conversations on this, but since you have started this:

puceml72 said:
hi! I don't agree with you, who does your cooking at the restaurant? who does your landscaping? who bring fruits and vegetables in your grocery?
>> It is a combination of both illegals who are doing some jobs that is hard to find Americans and also illegal aliens offering labor at sub-wages that hurt qualified Americans and keep them out of the job they should be doing. As one of the economists who testified for the Senate Judiciary Committee said last week, the meat packing industry is a live example of this. It used to pay $20/h few years ago. Now the salary is $9/h. That tells me that Americans used to do those jobs. Illegal aliens are not more hard-working than anyone else. It is just a matter that they work for less. Face it.

Regarding who does my landscaping: myself. Listen, I have to remodel my condo. I am the type of individual who didn't know how to get a hammer. Now I am learning all that. Why ? Because the US was designed not to have a subclass of servants doing the landscape or cleaning your house. It is designed for you to do. I personally know housecleaners making tons of money cleaning houses (not for business). If they leave the country, Americans need to go back and work doing those menial jobs again.

and don't forget that USA was built with immigrant and probalby your grand parents were? just like mine!
>>> The USA was built by honored immigrants who followed the law. Currently there is 1 million, legal people coming to the US. The immigration tradition is alive. Let's not mix the illegal alien cause with legal immigration cause. In fact the illegal aliens have caused damage to the legal population. The 245i law is an example of how good, legal immigrats suffered.
so they should do amnesty and then make it hard at the borders, it is not only mexicain that are illegal...

USA will not be USA without immigrant that the story of USA, it always been the American dream...
>> 1 million legal immigrants per year are assuring the tradition is alive.

I don't agree that they should have mexican flags they should use the USA flag and they shoul speak english but what about cuban??? they have everything free when they come here so what difference is it make to make other people legal that at least maybe they ready to learn english and everything, when you go for the naturalization the cubans don't even speak english and me I need it to do a questions test, $$$ etc.. and thems the even have a translater at the ceremony go figure???

so I really think they should do for one more time a amnesty and then make it hard!
>>> Do it one more time and repeat the same disaster of 1986:continue to invite millions more to come, until the US collapses, right ? I have bad news:the Internet really has been instrumental. You see how many Americans are getting fresh news and organized against deceptive and bogus messages from the illegal aliens supporters.

So you are saying "Might in Numbers, and Might Makes Right"?
Why don't all of us just go ahead and jump jobs without documentation,
join these ppl and increase their ranks?
Why bother with all our efforts in filings, and documentations, and etc???

nTan said:
Saras ... this is the real point.. and almost we can take this as closing arguments.

The undocumented do not need us ... or our support ... But it is cetain that if we are to win ... we must piggyback on them.

They have show of strength .. impossible they will be caught and sent back..
If the Govt does ( and it will) something very positive to them ... we will get a good deal too......

One thing I am confident now:
Why the freaking am I worried invoking AC21 ?
Today I talked to a House of Representative who I have had connections with for the last 3 years. I vented my frustrations and she made an inquiry with USCIS regarding length of time:
The answer from USCIS: it may take a long time to get to my 2002 application. That's all they have to say. God Forbidden, what happens if another 9/11 happens in the months ahead ? Can you imagine what would they do with this immigration reform ?!

Do you think USCIS cares whether one changes jobs on AC21 ? I doubt folks.

ufo2002 said:

Some thoughts

I respect all your views.

For now, if we get a chance, call the 1-800 and express what you feel and how much it has costed in terms of mental agony as a legal immigrant. There will be larry king and others, samethign is true in Anderson 360..Remember this is all watched live, so there is a strong chance, to see how legals have suffered in silence, and this will highlight a stronger case to ensure SKILLs, PACE, and also the EB gets the push.

It is also watched by millions of people, today an Average American cannot distingush between a Legal and Illegal Immigrant !. So if you guys pour out the personal side of your experience, it will be great, it will highlight the immi cause. You got to do it today ! Since CNN has specials on it. I do not want to get into start any arguments based on the post. Think logically, who supports you ? none, what powers u have to push the legal immigration, - none, so instead of complaining and whining abt illegals, let us take the phone dial 1-800 number during the program and hit back at the system and also the problems causes by the flooding of 245 etc. Do not try to show them negative attitude in your phone call. Focus just on what you want to achieve. This will win the battle.

Wow.. I don't know this thread is for CITIZENS only. Then I guess all other GC holders, F1s, H1s, plus illegal immigrants have no RIGHTS in this area too.

nTan said:
Are U a voter?

If not ... man I am sorry to say .. you have no RIGHTS in this area.

puceml72 said:
...who does your cooking at the restaurant? who does your landscaping? who bring fruits and vegetables in your grocery?

Who pay the taxes?

puceml72 said:
...and don't forget that USA was built with immigrant...

Yes, LEGAL immigrants. Don't tell me how European took away this land from Native America or Cali from Mexico..

puceml72 said:
...so I really think they should do for one more time a amnesty and then make it hard!...

Yeah, do a amnesty for EVERYBODY. Open the border!! PEACE!! :D

marlon2006 said:
Do you think USCIS cares whether one changes jobs on AC21 ? I doubt folks.
They do care, because you have to apply for EAD every year. If your former employer revoked your I-140, they may reject your EAD if you didn't send in the AC21 paperwork.

Legal immigration bill ..

ufo2002 said:
Saras,

At first I also thought that putting our cause into the CIR bill would help us. Until I researched into the past and found some ugly truths that may work against us instead of for us.

1986: Reagan gave amnesty to supposedly 3 million illegals. Fraud happened. These illegals not only got their citizenship, they went ahead and continued to sponsor their families and relatives (look at the situation with the FB category of GC, on average 10 years retrogressed!).

2001: The deadline in April 2001 for all 245i applicants closed in. Signed by Clinton. This time, it affects the EB category.

In the '86 situation, the government didn't think about the "chain migration effect" that would occur once you legalise 3 million ppl.
In 2001, the government didn't think about putting the 245i ppl into a separate quota or at least increase the quota of EB Visa Numbers to accomodate the supposedly 400,000 245i applicants. Keep in mind the 245i are lumped together with EB3.

I have very big doubts that the CIR bill is going to be any better than the two situations I mentioned. The Senate will no doubt somehow screw up the immigration system even further.

ufo2002,

I totally know what it feels like to be pushed to the back of the line. My labor took 2.5 years because of 245i, finally I filed my 485 and the USCIS transferred it to a local office by mistake, the USICS then took 9 months to approve my AP application, finally after 1 year in the wrong office they brought back the case to TSC and issued a RFE on my wifes case. Then retro hit. Guess what the retro was caused by .. 245is. My point is friend that I am a shining examplw of what happens when bills for illegals get passed but can you list bills in the past 30 years that have improved legal immigration (specfically EB immigration). I may be wrong but I don't think there is any bill like that .. however there have been atleast two major illegal immigration bills as you mentioned. So my thought process is that only illegal immigration bills get an leverage in this country. These bills have thus far harmed us and I am just hoping that his time around it helps us in the short term. 5 year from now when the reprecussions of the current bill are felt another illegal immigrant bill will surface and the cycle shall continue ... as hard as it was for me to accept this fact I have done so. I hope I am wrong in all this but the evidence only leads to my conclusions ...

saras

Oh yeah, You can bet your on monthly salary that I would send a nice EVL letter right away. Then from there monitor USCIS.gov for NOIDs or RFEs on weekly basis.

Jackolantern said:
They do care, because you have to apply for EAD every year. If your former employer revoked your I-140, they may reject your EAD if you didn't send in the AC21 paperwork.

Saras,

I am going to just round up today's discussion with this:

I also accept the facts that we have all seen and read. And I also have something called "dignity", which I value a whole lot higher than the GC. Honestly, I no longer care if I do get to live in this country anymore. I will take my money and move on to the next destination, while I am still in good health to do so. We do not have to bend over our backsides to a system that has been broken several times. If the US government wants to prioritize illegals, let them do so.

saras76 said:
ufo2002,

I totally know what it feels like to be pushed to the back of the line. My labor took 2.5 years because of 245i, finally I filed my 485 and the USCIS transferred it to a local office by mistake, the USICS then took 9 months to approve my AP application, finally after 1 year in the wrong office they brought back the case to TSC and issued a RFE on my wifes case. Then retro hit. Guess what the retro was caused by .. 245is. My point is friend that I am a shining examplw of what happens when bills for illegals get passed but can you list bills in the past 30 years that have improved legal immigration (specfically EB immigration). I may be wrong but I don't think there is any bill like that .. however there have been atleast two major illegal immigration bills as you mentioned. So my thought process is that only illegal immigration bills get an leverage in this country. These bills have thus far harmed us and I am just hoping that his time around it helps us in the short term. 5 year from now when the reprecussions of the current bill are felt another illegal immigrant bill will surface and the cycle shall continue ... as hard as it was for me to accept this fact I have done so. I hope I am wrong in all this but the evidence only leads to my conclusions ...

saras

saras76 said:
My point is friend that I am a shining examplw of what happens when bills for illegals get passed but can you list bills in the past 30 years that have improved legal immigration (specfically EB immigration). I may be wrong but I don't think there is any bill like that ..
The AC21 portability was a huge benefit for those in the legal queue. But I can't think of any other such beneficial bills.

ufo2002 said:

I guess there are many factors that play in

Latinos will be the majority in US very soon... They are the future .. So they are powerful. Although illegal here .. they go back to there home country as often as they can and again comeback to work.

Well in the areas of legal immigration ... aren't there so many illegal stuff happening. Recently some desi companies were caught applying for faudulent Labors and H1b.. Many get H1b on ghost companies. Many pad there resume to get a job... Many bullshit on there experience... There are many things legal immigrants do that are against the law.... When they apply for labor ... the advertisement itself is so placed .... not to get any applicants. If they get some american applicant ... they are rejected. Don't that constitute more criminal .... than crossing the border to help Americans.