May 1st illegal immigrants are going to shutdown US

unitednations: From this 11 millions illegals, only 6 millions are workers. From 2001 amnesty, 400k represent just a few of illegals workers here by that time. What is happening now is that there is a lot of enforcement like Driver`s Licence, Insurance, Education, Employer`s Pilot Program, etc... that will make all this 12 millions guys get into the system, identifying themselves or will make them leave this country forever.
This Governament is not stupid.

unitednations

from your anaology. those who drive 70mls/hour in 65 zone are all criminals ,

you try to draw a think line between legal and illegal allieans while there is just lot of difference just how everyon entered this country

legal aliens pay taxes, social security, medicare, most of legal aliens hold decent paid jobs.

belive me my previous company tried hire my replacement for me and could'nt find anyone and they gave me offer which i could'nt refuse I stayed their fora while and changed again with AC21

by not giving GCs to legal aliens US is going to lose many talented young professionals, many of us or from India and china when we go back we are going to take our jobs with us, yaa, I have one word for you VPN

guldukan said:
unitednations

from your anaology. those who drive 70mls/hour in 65 zone are all criminals ,

you try to draw a think line between legal and illegal allieans while there is just lot of difference just how everyon entered this country

legal aliens pay taxes, social security, medicare, most of legal aliens hold decent paid jobs.

belive me my previous company tried hire my replacement for me and could'nt find anyone and they gave me offer which i could'nt refuse I stayed their fora while and changed again with AC21

by not giving GCs to legal aliens US is going to lose many talented young professionals, many of us or from India and china when we go back we are going to take our jobs with us, yaa, I have one word for you VPN

I guess UN accepted he got carried away when he drew the thin line.

Now you are getting carried away by thinking that US (or for that matter the company you work) is going to loose many talented young professionals.
You said one thing right though that we will take the jobs back to India and China. But this way the company only benefits as they now have to pay lower wages to us.

We still will be the loser in the end, as we are ultimately been forced to leave. No one is going to shed a tear when we leave here.

neo

unitednation / sara etc ..

One of the attorney told me that ...

A desi company ... typical one. Which has all to most H1b guys and they do not have any job of there own... They send all the guys out to projects and pay only when work is there.

Such desi company cannot legally apply for Green card as they do not have a permanent job offer ...

Is this true ...

If yes then most of the desi guys who are illegal too ....

Please do advice ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from Mexico.

My EB3 case (PD Nov/01) has been affected like many of yours by the retrogression in the visa dates.

NO, I'm NOT joining any march or boicot! Tomorrow I plan to go to work and make my daily life activities like any other day.

Hello UnitedNations,

I totally disagree with you. Throughout my life, not only here in America, I have been working hard to keep my status as a legal and lawful resident. I believe that most people in our category is like that.

It is hard to find good and qualified people. Last time I got a job offer and I had to decline due to my views on potential issues caused by AC21, the employer took about 6 months to find another candidate. Other things you mentioned such as sending AR-11 within 10 days, etc - this cannot be compared to degree of breaking the laws to come here illegally.

unitednations said:
There seems to have been a few threads that have opened up and everyone is lining up according to which situation they fall under.

However, everyone needs to get a reality check for those people who are doing things the "legal way".

My perspective has always been that whenever people think things are broken and a fix needs to be done; everyone thinks the fix is going to be positive. However, there is a give and take. Some things will become more positive and other things may become more unattractive.

Many of the people who everyone thinks is "illegal" are the people who snuck across the border. However, when you really think of the law violators; just about every one of us would fall under it. If USCIS/DOL starts enforcing the laws the way they are; not many people would be getting the greencards through employment base. In a land of 300 million people; how is it really conceivable that a company can't find an american to do the job.

Before, I came to USA, I thought getting a greencard through employment was very, very difficult. Although I thought I was talented; how could any company with a serious face say that no american was willing and able to do what they wanted me to do. Mind you, for what I do, it is pretty specialized. I'd estimate that there is probably only 50 people in the country who could do what I do (trust me this is NOT impressive). However, the position was filled by an american before me, I quit and another american was able to do my job.

Have you ever not completed the AR-11 within 10 days of moving?
Has your company filed an LCA for every location that you have worked in. Did they meet the posting requirements from DOL? Did you leave the country when you had bench time? Did your employer cancel the h-1?

How many of you take per diems, even though 99.9% of you are breaking tax laws by doing so. How many of you report your bank accounts in a foreign country? All of the above could consider you out of status and not eligible for greencards and no different then the "undocumented workers".

How many of you came on H-1's from non traditional companies. Most of the employers you want to work for; will not sponsor you for a greencard. If you left; would your company go and sponsor someone else for a greencard or will they be able to hire an american; or would they just delete the position. If USCIS/DOL wanted to implement a rule that a company couldn't have more then 10% of foreigners as employees; how many of you would still be in the country or could even get into the country?

The traditional companies won't sponsor you for a greencard; because they can't satisfy themselves that they can't find an american. My company had over 4,000 people working there. They have only spsonsored 4 people for a greencard. However, the consulting companies have 98% of their employees going for a greencard. How is it that they can't find an american.

How many of you have answered "no" to the question on your 485; have you ever committed a crime which you haven't been arrested for. Anyone who answers "no" is lying. Everyone has broken a law whether inadvertent or on purpose (have you downloaded something you are supposed to pay for? Have you taken someone else's wireless interet signal?

You may think that you came to the country legally and are doing things the right way but are differentiating for some "minor violations" that you may have done which should be overlooked but the "undocumented workers" violations shouldn't be overlooked.

My point in all of this; is don't kid yourself that if they want to enforce all immigration laws; there won't be much people getting greencards, even those people on the boards who are claiming to be staying in line and doing things the legal way.

I could go on and on and give many example of people who are doing things the "legal way" but really aren't. Therefore, it isn't good to put yourselves on a pedestal and be higher then the "undocumented workers".

As the lawmakers, public start really delving into how people are getting greencards; the noose will even strengthen more. It is already happening. DOL has started to raid many companies; uscis has started to revoke approved I-140's in high numbers.

Therefore, be very careful in your approach to this issue.

unitednations said:
You guys/gals are taking it out of context. If we want the government to get tough with undocumented workers; it is silly to believe the glare won't come to us and see how employment base is really working.
I don't want them to "get tough" on anybody. I just want them to prioritize and organize things so people waiting in the legal line don't get screwed or displaced by those who have been working illegally.

"You guys/gals are taking it out of context. If we want the government to get tough with undocumented workers; it is silly to believe the glare won't come to us and see how employment base is really working.

When there becomes zero tolerance there is "unintended consequences", "collateral damage". Just as easily as the lawmakers, public can get tough on the undocumented, they can get just as tough on us. It is one of those things to be careful what you wish for.
" or "collateral damage"."

>> I just want to see the US immigration laws enforced like any other common law we have. It is very simple.

I generally agree with UN's comments. The thread I expressed similar views in got closed. my comments:

-- Don't direct your anger at illegal immigrants. They are doing what they are supposed to do. Just dont forget one thing -- people actually die in the desert trying to sneek up north. Legals getting affected by 245i in not because of the illegals, but because of people who make and implement laws.

-- Lot of people applying and getting Green Cards manipulate the system one way or the other. It is completely ridiculous saying that there is not American is available for a company that is employing 100% foreigners.

-- If Mexicans are protesting and showing their power (in my opinion, goon power) and putting pressure on law makers, then it is their way of manupulating the system.

Unfortunately the system is designed in such a way that one MUST manipulate it to get to the final result. Look at F1 and B1 (visitors) visa system. One must show "non-immigration" intent. To prove that, you got to show "strong ties" to home country. How on earth can you prove that?

The whole Labor certification process is phony at best. It is put in place just to be politically right and classify people in different E categories. I heard it on C-Span several times. The lawmakers only care about the outer limit, the number of GC's issued each year. They dont care much who gets it and how.

Look at the processing times for Labors (not perm). For one state it takes 4 years and another it takes 1 month. Where is the sanity here? The best manipulator survives.

If you looked at the latest proposals for illegal immigrants, they were going to classify them into 3 groups. > 5 years, between 5 and 2, less than 2. I simply cannot understand how an illegal can prove which category he or she falls in? What happens if that proposal becomes reality? The best Manipulator survives.

I am a little late to this post, but still gotta give my 2 cents.

Juan,

About your son not going to college because you cannot get financial aid, well if I had a son (I don't have children), I doubt I can get financial aid from the government either. Documented workers' children going to college will have to apply for student loans just like most people, unless the government finds a reason to give scholarship funding to an exceptionally bright child.

And your line: "We want the government to grant us citizenship so that we can become legal like you."
Here is where you need to understand.... almost all of us documented workers here are NOT CITIZENS! If you get citizenship, you would not be like us, you would be BETTER OFF than us! You will be able to change jobs anytime, you can even start your own business without worrying about immigration details etc. etc. and most important you will be able to VOTE for the next El Presidente of the USA.

Also, let me tell you how I entered this country:
* Entered through an airport
* Showed Passport to immigration officer
* Submitted residence address to INS/USCIS department
* Must notify USCIS dept when I change addresses
* Before getting my worker visa, I went for medical tests

In other words, I am visible to the US government, you are not. If you want to get your citizenship, wait until I get mine.

JuanSorano61 said:
I read so much frustration by other people, and I want to try to speak for the other voice. I am an undocumented immigrant, and this movement is very important for many of us. We are not criminals. We came here for better opportunities, and this country allowed me to go to school and learn English. My son was accepted to a college here, but he cannot go because we cannot pay and we cannot get a financial aid from the government.

We do all jobs people here do not want to do. Many of you on visas have access to insurance, but we do not. We don't want to go to emergency room but we have to for our care. We struggle, just like you. We want the government to grant us citizenship so that we can become legal like you. Please join us to show support for your friends...we are not enemies.

Juan

GreenCardVirus said:
I generally agree with UN's comments. The thread I expressed similar views in got closed. my comments:

-- Don't direct your anger at illegal immigrants. They are doing what they are supposed to do. Just dont forget one thing -- people actually die in the desert trying to sneek up north. Legals getting affected by 245i in not because of the illegals, but because of people who make and implement laws.

>>> I just had a lunch yesterday in my church and various illegals (I think at least about 40 there) told me that this idea of 'dying in the desert' is a good Hollywood story for the naive and silly to get impressed. They told me it is not that bad. Some of them are coming just fine when they bribe border patrol agents. Others who have to walk - yes, it is kind of somewhat difficult, but they say it is not too bad walk for a night when you think the reward is find the sanctuary here in the US. They told me the vast majority of them get through just fine. Just don't be naive and impressed by this.

Illegal aliens are smart and they know how to beat the system. No reason to be angry.

Juan and folks...

Why do you think the government should convert all illegal immigrants to legal immigrants? This contry only accept high-skilled or investor or family-related immigrants. If you are not one of those, why should we grant you citizenship?? You can't stay here as you "wish".

Studying English/computer in library can only improve your knowledge and it has nothing to deal with your illegal status. You should be thankful because WE are the only who is paying taxes and build those libaries and public facility.

I have nothing to against you personally but I just don't know why you guys THINK you should have legal status here..????

Enjor your day off today.

Two note worthy events today..
1. undocumented worker open rallies and 2. Anna Nicole Smith winning Supreme Court case. where is US heading?

ever see these signs in the freeways "DO NOT ENTER... WRONG WAY".

avi101 said:
Two note worthy events today..
1. undocumented worker open rallies and 2. Anna Nicole Smith winning Supreme Court case. where is US heading?

kelvinjai said:
Juan and folks...

If you are not one of those, why should WE grant you citizenship??

Are U a voter?

If not ... man I am sorry to say .. you have no RIGHTS in this area.

CNN : A Day of Protest - Is worth calling CNN expression our views on Immigration >

Today,

You may find an opporutnity to dial a 1800 number on CNN to express your opinions on the immigration system. It will be a good idea if folks were to narrate all the experiences of a legal immigrantion seeker today.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/01/immigrant.day/index.html

4:00 ET
p.m. 1:00 PT
p.m. The Situation Room: Day without immigrants. We're covering the walkouts from coast to coast. Will they backfire?

6:00 p.m ET . 3:00 (PT)
p.m. Lou Dobbs Tonight: Thousands of immigrants walk off the job and demand amnesty. What it all means to you and your job.

7:00 (ET) p.m. 4:00 (PT)
p.m. The Situation Room: It's been three years since President Bush declared major combat operations were over in Iraq. So do Americans think it's "mission accomplished?"

8:00 (ET) p.m. 5:00 (PT)
p.m. Paula Zahn NOW: Brutality as entertainment? Why pranksters are getting away with going around slapping innocent people.

9:00 (ET) p.m. 6:00 (PT)
p.m. Larry King Live: The immigration debate heats up with protests and boycotts across the country. Lou Dobbs joins Larry to discuss the issue dividing America.

10:00 (ET) p.m. 7:00 (PT)
p.m. Anderson Cooper 360° : No work, school or shopping. Immigrants are set to take part in protests nationwide. We're live on the border.

Thanks sundar

I really hate the label "Day with Immigrants" that those organizers are using. It was clearly planned out by those pro-illegal groups and then they started asking legal workers and immigrants to join in. Those that do join in just got suckered into becoming pawns for the agenda of those groups.
These actions do not gain you respect from the average citizen.

sundar99 said:
Today,

You may find an opporutnity to dial a 1800 number on CNN to express your opinions on the immigration system. It will be a good idea if folks were to narrate all the experiences of a legal immigrantion seeker today.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/01/immigrant.day/index.html

4:00 ET
p.m. 1:00 PT
p.m. The Situation Room: Day without immigrants. We're covering the walkouts from coast to coast. Will they backfire?

6:00 p.m ET . 3:00 (PT)
p.m. Lou Dobbs Tonight: Thousands of immigrants walk off the job and demand amnesty. What it all means to you and your job.

7:00 (ET) p.m. 4:00 (PT)
p.m. The Situation Room: It's been three years since President Bush declared major combat operations were over in Iraq. So do Americans think it's "mission accomplished?"

8:00 (ET) p.m. 5:00 (PT)
p.m. Paula Zahn NOW: Brutality as entertainment? Why pranksters are getting away with going around slapping innocent people.

9:00 (ET) p.m. 6:00 (PT)
p.m. Larry King Live: The immigration debate heats up with protests and boycotts across the country. Lou Dobbs joins Larry to discuss the issue dividing America.

10:00 (ET) p.m. 7:00 (PT)
p.m. Anderson Cooper 360° : No work, school or shopping. Immigrants are set to take part in protests nationwide. We're live on the border.