Massachusetts SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naive Questions about the Huge Backlog

Can anyone explain/speculate why MA doesn't simply hire more people to process the backlogged applications, and pass on the cost to the current and/or new applicants by raising their fees?

I have a friend whose priority date is May 03, and she would gladly pay hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to have the backlog reduced to just a few months.

Does anyone know how many people they have at the MA SESA office? And approximately how many applications they process per day?

bharatpremi said:
NON RIR - ... Bottomline in last 4 months... it moved for one month only.

Advertisement in MA

Hi Folks - I am a new comer here. I'm starting my LC from Boston. I've a question about the Advertisments. My lawyer has told me that we need to give 3 print Ads, 30 days apart and 1 Ad on internet.

Just wanted to get an idea from you folks that if it is necesary to give those many ads. Because, that pushes my LC filing date to March 8th 2005. Its going to be a RIR Case.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My tooooooo got moved to DOL boston at Sept End 2004.

NON RIR
applied : begin of 12/2002
Recritmet results submitted :end of 06/2004
Case was transferred to DOL : end of 09/2004

Congrats VJdude!

VJdude said:
My tooooooo got moved to DOL boston at Sept End 2004.

NON RIR
applied : begin of 12/2002
Recritmet results submitted :end of 06/2004
Case was transferred to DOL : end of 09/2004

Process will be slow.. Reason !!

Looks like MA SESA process will become even slower, reason Backlog Reduction Center and/or centralized labor certification processing. If govt streamlines the GC-LC process in certralized location, people from other SESA offices either needs to go to different office in different state or to look for new job. So, to avoid that they may process the pending applications very slowly may be an application a day. This way SESA employees can hang-in their office and avoid relocation. This is my personal understanding.

This may be a logical explanation for delay

Hi Nuculer,

Let me try to explain. and I assume that you would be aware of GC limits which are per year and per counry basis. (Every month Visa Bulletin gets declared by department). Now say for example, consider that they have a limit for granting 30000 GCs per year. so an average 30000/50(states) can be granted per state basis..All these are not real but hypotheical and logical assumptions. so each state has to grant 30000/50/240 (working days) = 2.5 GCs per day per state. Now you can figure out "How many people" may be needed to aprrove them. With common sense 1 at state labor, 1 at regional labor, 1 for I -140 and 1 for I-485.. Now let's assume All involved departments follow this logic considering 30000 applications per year. If there would be 30000 applications per year there would not be any problem at any stage. But if there would be 300000 apllications then people hired on previous logic may have to work for 300000 - 30000 =270000 applications uselessly as cap is 30000. So if departments are hiring people on the basis of 30000 application base then there wiuld definatly be problem as such there would be 300000 applications. I'm not saying departments are following the said logic but mor or less it looks like system is designed on this base only. Unless and untill they will increase that "CAP" of issuing 30000 (or whatever the real figure), this problem is not gonna to resolved.If there would be much public noise for delays in "State labor queue" they will "open up" that "Tap of Water" for a while but again that "water" released from "state/regional labor TAP" would have to be stopped at "I-140/485 PIPELINE TAP" as due to this "CAP". And if people start make noise about delays in "I-140/485 TAP" they will release the valve there with simultaneously tightening the valve at "State/regional labor TAP".. This is what I have understood.. May be wrong..

Good Luck.

- Bharat Premi

nuculer said:
Can anyone explain/speculate why MA doesn't simply hire more people to process the backlogged applications, and pass on the cost to the current and/or new applicants by raising their fees?

I have a friend whose priority date is May 03, and she would gladly pay hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to have the backlog reduced to just a few months.

Does anyone know how many people they have at the MA SESA office? And approximately how many applications they process per day?

What is National Processing Center? and H1 ext questions..

One of my friend joined a company based in Iowa so he can get labor faster.

Now I heard there is some National Processing Center is being proposed which will ensure that all states take similar (if not same) time for labor processing.

Question1: Is my understanding of NPC is correct?
Question2: if not, what is NPC and what it will do?

Question3: (unrelated to all previous 2)
If a person used all 6 years on H1B and get 1 year ext. of H1 because his labor was filed (with company A in NJ) for more than a year. during this ext. period he changes the job (and joined company B in Iowa).

In company B he can not have one year old labor filing date before his H1 (which was extended for one year only) expires. [as his H1 will expire beore labor application can be one year old].

Question: can he get further ext. based on labor filed in company A (which he already left before joining company B). And what about B, I think he can not get H1 ext based on his labor in B.

Any recent RIR approval from MA SESA????????? please take your time to post it, so that we can keep our hopes alive.
thanks

New Application

My Labour was applied on June 2nd 2004. RIR - EB3.

Don't know how many years it will take.

My Labour (RIR - Aug 20 2003 ) went to DOL in late October 2004- sorry I don't know exaact date. Still waiting on DOL

Any RIR approvals from MA for September? I think there are a few guys from September waiting for it.

My Labour (RIR) was applied on August 25th 2003 in MA SESA. Still haven't heard anything from them. Anybody in August-September time duration heard from MA SESA?

Backlog

As backlog in MA goes like Boston traffic, is there any word about like bigdig? i.e., transferring backlog cases to either PBEC or DBEC. I know, I know, there is a leak in bigdig tunnel, but hope there won't be anything like that in PBEC or DBEC. Can anyone give any insight, please?

Processing Time Updated

Processing time has been updated in DOL website with disappointed processing date movement. Non-RIR Feb 2003, still??

Any Update ?

I haven't seen any update in MA SESA for a while, Is there any update from any one from MA? Also, MA SESA Non-RIR stuck in Feb-2003, what will happen the cases filed after Mar-2003? whether these cases will be transferred to BECs ? If any one has info, please update.
Happy New Year 2005 to all :)

looks like everyone from MA got their labor certified, thats why I haven't seen any posting in this thread for a long time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.