Massachusetts SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do VJdude, My lawyer had told me not to contact him for 6 more weeks, this was about 2 weeks ago. I am hoping mine will clear by end of october. Do you have all your 140/485 papers ready?

sunnyprince said:
Will do VJdude, My lawyer had told me not to contact him for 6 more weeks, this was about 2 weeks ago. I am hoping mine will clear by end of october. Do you have all your 140/485 papers ready?

I do not have them ready. Do you ?

All I have is experience letters and birth certificates. Would you please let me know if I should keep any other stuff ready ? Thanks. Please do let me know ..vjcool75@yahoo.com

>> Here one more case detail which was posted on BOSTON DOL track. Thank you whoever posted it.

Labor certification type regular
State MA
Application received by state 10/2002
Initial processing by state 10/2003
Recruitment report sent to state 04/2004
Application received by DOL 09/2004
Applicaton approved ?​

If somebody submitted recruitment process in June or July to state and cleared by State and sent to DOL. Please post.

Non-RIR Feb 2003

Still, MA SESA processes non-rir cases filed on Feb 2003. It seems like every one in MA SESA went for election work. :eek:

Backlog Reduction Causing Backlog ??

Got the below link from other thread, thought may be informative why the process is so slow. From the document, it doesn't look like any SWA centers will open any Permanent LC cases until the cases are moved to either backlog reduction center or National Processing Center. If they open and process before it will be great. :(

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9297

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. Just a Reader like you.

Delhi To Daultabad - Medeival Time

Yes, you are right.. If you guys are aware of Indian subcontinent history, try to remember Alauddin Khilji who moved his capital from Delhi to Devgiri (Daultabad) and it was a trajic history.. I'm feeling here exactly that's gonna happen.. This Transition guide does not talk about 'How they will make process faster' probable 'Out Of Scope' for that particular guide. But if we apply our common sense , following are key loopholes..

- MOVING THE STAFF (Say if you are in MA as a SWA staff and now you have to move to Atlanta to do your job... Common human would fight necessary political battle to stop his/her transfer)
- Training new staff (I doubt this may happen. but still let's consider)
- Backlog will be compled transferred till March 2005.. You pray to your God
to get your case transferred in earlier stage of this time limit..
- Transition guide does not talk about 'How they will handle processing of cases' in parallel with transfer neither it claim that 'Transition Process' will not affect the processing of legitimate cases which need to be processed during that time period
- This guide does not talk about hiring extra manpower force to fulfill the challanges of transition process which is obviously the added process 'burden' to what the current staff is doing currently and now it will be 'Priority' so other work will be suffered.

- And most importantly just think, if you are SWA staff and you already know that what you are supposed to do now 'efficiently' is no longer a work for you from January 2005 then do you give a damn?

AND ALL THIS IS DOES ON THE NAME OF 'FASTER PROCESSING'

Wow !! I bet if you are stuck with priority date for an exmple sept 2003, you just add atleast 1 more year in what you might have achieved if this might not have done. Bottomline 1) you learn to wait 2) The beauty is that you are the sufferer and in the whole damn thing you do not have a right to utter a single word 3) Appreciate treating like shit 4) learn living in frustration.

I hope, they also might have laid out the lines for making the process faster once cases will be transferred to federal centers.. Let's watch painfully.

Company Closing Office

My Labour certification has been filed from Boston. Now my company has decided to close the Boston office, and relocate the employees to New York. Will my Labor petition be valid? Or will I have to start a new labor petition from New York again?

If I start working from home, and stay in Boston, while the company shifts the office to New York, can I keep my MA labor certification.

My six year will expire in Jan 2006. So I do not have enough time to start the labor certification from New York again.

Kindly advice, what is the best way to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Vivek

Re: Relocation

Hi Vivek,
It's surprising how your situation is similar to mine. After toying around with the idea of keeping my Massachusetts LC while my company was being relocated to another state, I figured that it's not possible to keep the labor from Massachusetts. Labor certification is a test of labor market conditions in a specific location so if your company moves then you have to test the labor market in the new location. That being said, you should also research the new DOL transition plan where they have talked about moving future LC applications to central National Processing Centers. If this plan goes into effect, applications from New York would also take the same amount of time as applications from Massachusetts.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on MA SESA AVM

Update for month of November and December
RIR - August 25th to September 30th
So in 2 months they will process a months application. Given the track record and the impending holidays it will take much more time than that.

Dear slaves !! you don't have choice !!!

Update for month of November and December 2004
NON RIR - February 7 th to March 7th 2003.

Last recording was about till Feb 28th 2003 and see the 'intersection area' of last recording. Bottomline in last 4 months (till OCtober 2004 end) it moved for one month only. Well retirement age is 67 so you will have to be ready to wait till then..:)

Here are the details of my case, may be the info will be useful for others.

Case type: EB3 Non-RIR Labor (MA)
Priority Date: 12/26/02
Recruitment Results submitted: 08/10/04
Forwarded to DOL: 10/27/04
Awaiting approval from DOL

I will update as soon as my case is approved at DOL. This forum has been very helpful to me.

EB3-non-RIR labor PD: Jan/03

Priority Date: 14/01/03
Recruitment Results submitted: 09/27/04
Forwarded to DOL: Not yet (I guess)

Faith Based? where is value?

Now election is over and president is elected based on faith based and value based. Doesn't that mean it should be applied every where or only for election? As every one here in this thread trying to immigrate legally with lot of faith why it is getting delayed? But at the same time they are trying legalize the illegal immigrants? I don't understand the true faith and value here.

Administrator, if this is not appropriate post, please delete this.

MA SESA still processing NON-RIR Feb 2003 last 4 months.

Disclaimer: I am a moderator, reader only, not a legal adviser.

Dol????

How did you come to know yours is with DOL? my recruitment results were submitted on 07/24/04 and i am still waiting.

nmolleti said:
Here are the details of my case, may be the info will be useful for others.

Priority Date: 12/26/02
Recruitment Results submitted: 08/10/04
Forwarded to DOL: 10/27/04

I will update as soon as my case is approved at DOL. This forum has been very helpful to me.

I was told by the Paralegal at the Lawyers office that they received a letter from SWA saying that my case was forwarded to DOL.

Since my advertisement in the newspaper received no resumes at all, my lawyer told me that it should be quick to make a decision on my case as the SWA does not need to go throught the complicated process of screening the resumes and the corresponding recruitment results.

sunnyprince said:
How did you come to know yours is with DOL? my recruitment results were submitted on 07/24/04 and i am still waiting.

Thanks, my case also was exactly the same. No body responded to my job posting in the paper. Same thing my lawyer also told.

What i have seen is DOL has one to five days turn around. I left a vmail to my lawyer hope fully i will hear from some good news from him on Monday.

nmolleti said:
I was told by the Paralegal at the Lawyers office that they received a letter from SWA saying that my case was forwarded to DOL.

Since my advertisement in the newspaper received no resumes at all, my lawyer told me that it should be quick to make a decision on my case as the SWA does not need to go throught the complicated process of screening the resumes and the corresponding recruitment results.

This is great news. I have mine around same time but my recruitment results were submitted way back at end of june 2004. Hopefully mine is moved too!

MA labor NONRIR - submitted 12 /2002
Submitted results 06/2004
Still waiting don't know if it has moved to DOL boston...

How long does DOL take?

My lawyer just send me an e-mail, my labour is transfered to DOL, how long does DOL take to process? Does this also fall into the normal queue?

Priority Date: 12/9/02
Recruitment Results submitted: 07/24/04
Forwarded to DOL: 10/15/04

Status
Not open for further replies.