Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
atl_dol_aug said:
Hi I got a reply for my status enquiry from Phili center.

Un fortunately the screenshot shows my priority date as May 2005 ( My actual priority date is June 2002).

The case status is INCOMPLETE

I am worried. I appreciate any suggestions. Please advise me what should I do next

Thanks

It is clearly a typo. It probably is May 2002. It is not possible to have PD of May 2005 and have your case at BEC. When you sent status enquiry email, did you write your priority date in that? What information did you send in your enquiry emaIL? Also did you get 45 day letter yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Garfield,

I didn't receive the 45 - day letter yet.

The information I provided for screenshot is

My name:
Company Name:
My priority date:
state: MD

Garfield said:
It is clearly a typo. It probably is May 2002. It is not possible to have PD of May 2005 and have your case at BEC. When you sent status enquiry email, did you write your priority date in that? What information did you send in your enquiry emaIL? Also did you get 45 day letter yet?

Only 9 Posts since Aug 6th '05

Only 9 Posts since Aug 6th '05. Not much energy left for us while waiting. :rolleyes: Lets smell coffee and keep this thread alive. :p

How many of 2001 cases from MD not certified? Do we know? :confused:
From other forums, it indicates that Apr' 02 just got certified? Do we have people waiting before Apr '02. I guess there are. Please respond to the forum.

abstractvision

what did you do to get that 45 day letter? did you write to BEC or something? its been more than a month since you got your letter, and no one else has reported getting it. when you posted your message abt receiving the letter, i thought we'd start seeing MD SWA ppl getting letters but that hasnt happened. Or could it be that ppl are getting letters but they are not Only 9 Posts since Aug 6th '05. Not much energy left for us while waiting. :rolleyes: Lets smell coffee and keep this thread alive. :p

From other forums, it indicates that Apr' 02 just got certified? Do we have people waiting before Apr '02. I guess there are. Please respond to the forum.[/QUOTE]

Garfield said:
abstractvision

what did you do to get that 45 day letter? did you write to BEC or something? its been more than a month since you got your letter, and no one else has reported getting it. when you posted your message abt receiving the letter, i thought we'd start seeing MD SWA ppl getting letters but that hasnt happened. Or could it be that ppl are getting letters but they are not Only 9 Posts since Aug 6th '05. Not much energy left for us while waiting. :rolleyes: Lets smell coffee and keep this thread alive. :p

From other forums, it indicates that Apr' 02 just got certified? Do we have people waiting before Apr '02. I guess there are. Please respond to the forum.
[/QUOTE]
Garfield

I am in the same case as you are, PD july 02 and no news. I guess in this case no news is not a good news. Do anyone happen to know how long it take the BEC center to clear a month. Based on a tracker that another thread has they are around april/may 02.

pizzaki said:
Garfield

I am in the same case as you are, PD july 02 and no news. I guess in this case no news is not a good news. Do anyone happen to know how long it take the BEC center to clear a month. Based on a tracker that another thread has they are around april/may 02.

they could be working on 2005 cases but it wont matter to us. we havnt yet received the 45 day letter, so there is no chance that they'll touch our cases

Last edited by a moderator:
Will my company and my old attorney both get the 45-day letter?

My company switched to another law firm a month ago. Although the old law firm has transferred my case to the new firm, I am thinking that the 45-day letter will still go to the old firm because it did my LC application originally. Will my company and my old attorney both get the 45-day letter? Or only my old attorney will get the letter?

ETA Case Number: T-05145-xxxxx
Processing Type: RIR EB2
Case Received Date: 05/29/2003
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center
Case Status: Incomplete

Garfield,

I did not do anything. I got a copy from my attorney after he faxed the response. Anybody else from MD July-Aug-Sept '02 got that letter? Please update this forum.

I guess it does not matter anymore. Does it? Its good to have labor certified. But what are goin to do with it if we cannot file I-485?

Earlier DOL said that at the end of sept they will have all the data entry completed and 45 days letter sent. Now they are saying it will 2-3 more months. This is absurd.

AbstractVision said:
Garfield,

I did not do anything. I got a copy from my attorney after he faxed the response. Anybody else from MD July-Aug-Sept '02 got that letter? Please update this forum.

I guess it does not matter anymore. Does it? Its good to have labor certified. But what are goin to do with it if we cannot file I-485?

Earlier DOL said that at the end of sept they will have all the data entry completed and 45 days letter sent. Now they are saying it will 2-3 more months. This is absurd.
Garfield/AbstractVision,

My PD May 31st 2002. I am currently in 8th year of H1B.

So far, I had not received even a 45 day letter. Somehow I got the proof from MD SESA that my case details and my attorney was able to use that information to get 1 year approvals for H1B. The last I heard from my own contacts about 45 day letters for MD state (from my office colleague) is for last week of April 2002. The persons application had moved to regional and then he got the 45 day letter.

Anyways, none of this matters as starting Oct 2005 everyone has to wait as they cannot file for 485.

BEC itself is absurd and its policies even more.

Cheers to better times.

AbstractVision said:
Garfield,

you can very well guess as what is going to happen to Dec 2006 deadline for clearing all back-log
:(

your company will also get that letter. however keep you eyes open and as soon as you see ppl with similar PD as yours start to get letters, ping your old law firm to remind them to forward that letter also.

foreverHopeful said:
My company switched to another law firm a month ago. Although the old law firm has transferred my case to the new firm, I am thinking that the 45-day letter will still go to the old firm because it did my LC application originally. Will my company and my old attorney both get the 45-day letter? Or only my old attorney will get the letter?

ETA Case Number: T-05145-xxxxx
Processing Type: RIR EB2
Case Received Date: 05/29/2003
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center
Case Status: Incomplete

Old law firm can file change of address

So the 45-day letter goes to the new address. Question is if they did.

Garfield said:
your company will also get that letter. however keep you eyes open and as soon as you see ppl with similar PD as yours start to get letters, ping your old law firm to remind them to forward that letter also.

mdlbr20020531 said:
Garfield/AbstractVision,

My PD May 31st 2002. I am currently in 8th year of H1B.

So far, I had not received even a 45 day letter. Somehow I got the proof from MD SESA that my case details and my attorney was able to use that information to get 1 year approvals for H1B. The last I heard from my own contacts about 45 day letters for MD state (from my office colleague) is for last week of April 2002. The persons application had moved to regional and then he got the 45 day letter.

Anyways, none of this matters as starting Oct 2005 everyone has to wait as they cannot file for 485.

BEC itself is absurd and its policies even more.

Cheers to better times.

mdlbr20020531,

I got the letter in July 28th. Please check your contact that informed you about processing 45 days letter for Apr 2002. My priority date is Aug '02.
It seems that 45 days letters are not being sent in order. :confused:

Anyone with a priority date in 2001 got their LC yet in MD?

Hi guys,

My RIR LC was filed in MD in May 2001. My lawyer got a 45 day letter this summer. That's all I know.

Is there anyone out there from Maryland with a 2001 PR who got their LC aproved?

Another question - excuse my ignorance:
How do I get my status from the backlog center? Is there a website I should go to? I have been looking at the DOL website but I cannot find it.

I just got married and realized that if I have a child before I get my green card (or LC?), I can't stay home with them because if I don't work full time, I can't renew my H1B and I have to leave the US... Considering I am 32, time is running out...

My husband has a greencard but spouses of greencard holders are really low on the green card food chain and are not allowed to be in the US while waiting (can take 5 years)...

Anyone out there in this situation?

A.

Good news for my colleague Apr 2002 PD got LC cleared

Just heard from my colleague.

His PD is Apr 22 2002. 45 day letter received/replied in Feb/Mar 2005. He got his LC cleared. He also got message from attorney to apply for 140/485 at the earliest as early as today/tommorow to beat the Oct 2005 visadates.

BTW AbstractVision, I still have not received any information on mine. PD is May 31 2002.

katalin_ann said:
Hi guys,

I just got married and realized that if I have a child before I get my green card (or LC?), I can't stay home with them because if I don't work full time, I can't renew my H1B and I have to leave the US... Considering I am 32, time is running out...

My husband has a greencard but spouses of greencard holders are really low on the green card food chain and are not allowed to be in the US while waiting (can take 5 years)...

Anyone out there in this situation?

A.

sorry to hear about your GC situation (but before that, congrats on your marriage!). I think you wont have to wait for too long. You should get your labor certfied by end of this year (there are not that many cases with PD as early as yours in BEC). You should be able to file your I-140 and I-485 soon after, unless you are from India/china. Even if you are from one of those countries, you shouldn't have to wait for too long as priority dates are expected to move to 2001/2002 fairly quickly.

Also I think that last year a law was passed which provided for a special visa for spouses of GC holders. I am not sure but I think it is K visa.

I would suggest you to forget about all this and carry on with your life. Every thing will work out just fine. All the best
:)

Thanks, Garfield for the encouragement.

According to this page, K visas are only for the spouses and finacees of citizens:

http://www.immigration.com/faq/kvisa.html#434

Q11 "I read the FAQ about the K visa. Can a permanent resident (green card holder) apply a K visa for his(her) fiancee abroad?
A11 No. Only citizens.
[Compiled by Law Offices of Rajiv S Khanna] "

Good luck with your LC!

KA

mdlbr20020531 said:
His PD is Apr 22 2002. 45 day letter received/replied in Feb/Mar 2005. He got his LC cleared.

Hi mdlbr...,

Did your collegue apply in MD? MY PD is in 2001 - I wonder if the LC are not aproved in order of PD either?

I am "only" in my 5th year of H1B - some of you guys are real veterans with 7 and 8 hears on H1B!

Cheers,

K.

Status
Not open for further replies.