• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Marriage Cross Charging DV2019

KOFL

Hi there,
I'm Irish and entered the DV2019 as a single applicant. I'm in a long term relationship (5 years) with a UK citizen who went to University in America (and would be keen to move back).

IF (long shot but still trying to get my ducks in a row..) successful in the DV lottery & we got married - would he be able to cross charge to Ireland?
I read somewhere that if you're a single applicant and marry after the DV lottery results your spouse can't cross charge... I'm keen to hear any advice on this and if this is actually the case.

Thanks
KOF.

Hi
I read somewhere that if you're a single applicant and marry after the DV lottery results your spouse can't cross charge... I'm keen to hear any advice on this and if this is actually the case.

Thanks
KOF.

Total nonsense, your spouse (whether before or after selection) automatically gets charged to selectee country and not to their own anyway (unless selectee himself/herself is using spouse country to charge to of course). You’re both on the same case number. But wait till you get selected before worrying about what to do if you are.

Hi there,
I'm Irish and entered the DV2019 as a single applicant. I'm in a long term relationship (5 years) with a UK citizen who went to University in America (and would be keen to move back).

IF (long shot but still trying to get my ducks in a row..) successful in the DV lottery & we got married - would he be able to cross charge to Ireland?

Thanks
KOF.

If you’re selected, your now-boyfriend (potential-husband) will not be “cross-charging” to Ireland, he will be your derivative.

Cross-charging happens during the eDV registration process.

Hi there,

Thanks
KOF.

I normally don't respond much to people not even selected yet but you have managed to sew enough bad information it needs correcting. You have mixed a couple of things up. As Susie and Mom explained above this is not cross charging. *IF* you were to be selected you could marry your boyfriend and he would be your derivative. He would be CHARGED to Ireland because he would be on your case number.

Cross charging (I prefer to call it elective cross charging if both countries are eligible ) is when a person charges to their spouse country of birth *in their own entry*. That is (elective) cross charging, but you cannot do THAT unless already legally married at time of entry. So - in your case your boyfriend could NOT have elected Ireland in his own entry, and as he was from the UK - he was not entitled to enter on his own.