March Filers, let's get together !!

Hey, a question for the guys who already had their FP taken.

Did you need to take your I-765 and your I-485 receipts with you? Or were you ok taking only the FP notice letter that has the bar codes for both, the 765 and the 485?

The reason I ask is because I dont have my original I-765 receipt, my lawyer has it. But I do have the original I-485 and the FP notice. :eek:

Thanks

Opened the mailbox to find the eagle staring at me. Well...
Got my wife's interview letter for May 24th !!! Vaca, right 1 week after you...am following u buddy..
Have updated the dates in my signature. Man...San Jose is fast for :eek: :) :D :p the first time (touchwood).

Gotta get busy organizing the supporting docs folder now...finally, am relieved to see an interview date. Hopefully name chek etc is cleared by then...we shall see.

KK

KKBoy,

That's awesome, congrats! I am relieved that my interview notice didn't come this fast for some weird reason like they were suspecting something or whatever....anyway, yea so far SJ has been pretty fast!! I *really* hope the background check is done by then....but I wont be surprised if it's not.
If you don't mind, can you let me know your wife's nationality? Just curious to see how the background check goes for people from various countries.

Thanks and good luck!! The interview notice came so fast my spouse and I are finding there is not much time to prepare! Thanks to me, you knew to start early :p :p

KKBoy,

That's awesome, congrats! I am relieved that my interview notice didn't come this fast for some weird reason like they were suspecting something or whatever....anyway, yea so far SJ has been pretty fast!! I *really* hope the background check is done by then....but I wont be surprised if it's not.
If you don't mind, can you let me know your wife's nationality? Just curious to see how the background check goes for people from various countries.

Thanks and good luck!! The interview notice came so fast my spouse and I are finding there is not much time to prepare! Thanks to me, you knew to start early :p :p
You guys are making me jealous! :eek:

Thx, Espo, Vaca, Jbh !

Hey man I am really happy for you!!!!!! I pray to god that mine goes as fast as yours!!! let us know how it goes buddy!

Sometimes, getting early dates prove to be a bane ( name/bkgrnd chek pending)...but let's hope. I hope that every1 gets thru this nightmare of GC quickly and begin enjoying our normal lives.

Btw, you had asked a question about what to take for the FP apptmt, take just that notice and/or passport-driving license ( and a pen). They make u fill up a form at the entrance. Keep cellphone in the car.

Btw, I noticed 1 LA timeline (~4 months), here's the experience.
Might be helpful for you since you are from the same office.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=244721&highlight=LA+experience

Hi

KKBoy,

That's awesome, congrats! I am relieved that my interview notice didn't come this fast for some weird reason like they were suspecting something or whatever....anyway, yea so far SJ has been pretty fast!!

The folks in SJ are processing citizenship apps at a decent rate...but family based cases seem to be faster...good for us.
I *really* hope the background check is done by then....but I wont be surprised if it's not.
Yea, let's hope a miracle happens in 15 days after FP. I intend to call up FBI the very next day to confirm that the FP have been sent back. After that,it's not in our hands. The IO will let us know from across the table...if BC is pending or not:(. If it makes u feel any good, a user by the name of POPPLE did get her GC in under 60-70 days recently...from a different DO, but there's hope, name checks do clear quickly as well.
Sure, she's indian. I don't think nationality has a lot to do more than how many hits your name gets in their database( unless one belongs to the "watched" countries like PAk,syria etc). Type your name on google and see how many hits you get, just for reference. Hopefully, no criminal should match with your name.:). I have read that very normal sounding names (non muslim) have been stuck in background checks for a variety of reasons....never know how the fbi database works.
Absolutely, I have been following your timeline dutifully. They only differ by 1-2 days in terms of responses from Lee's summit. Hopefully our results will be the same... **APPROVED** :):D

Last edited by a moderator:
I Updated my timeline. Guys, let's all temporarily move to San Jose. SJ DO people good luck and enjoy your spouses the night before the interview so all you guys go there with a big smile and get an A.

I hope by now all the Marchers have gone through or at least received their FP notices.

Absolutely, I have been following your timeline dutifully. They only differ by 1-2 days in terms of responses from Lee's summit. Hopefully our results will be the same... **APPROVED** :):D

kkboy,
Thanks for your detailed response! I actually called the number that starts with area code 304 (someone had posted on this website under a different thread) and while both the people I talked to were very nice and polite, they told me that they don't give information about the status of backgrounds checks on this # or any # for that matter.

If you have another number or email address please let me know, and others on this thread may find it helpful too.

Good luck to all of us.

karmaguru:
What's your DO? My time line is right behind yours and we both seem to be experiencing the same holding pattern. It's encouraging however to see a few from this thread with interview notices in hand already.

Hey UmpLoop
My DO is New Orleans and from the processing dates that they have on site....seems like a little slow for processing all the applications....everyday i check my mail hoping that there will be an interview letter or worst an RFE. Anyway good luck to you...keep posting.

FP details...

Espoman,
I only needed the FP notice (had the other forms with me, just in case, but no one asked for those). I think even on the notice it says only "bring this notice" and no cell phones and don't get a paper cut ;).
good luck!

on a related note, a question for those of you those of you who had their last update on the fingerprinted forms soon after that appointment and then nothing. Did you get a letter that the FP were accepted / processed all right? I was told I would get one, but nothing came, yet...

Thanks!

Hey, a question for the guys who already had their FP taken.

Did you need to take your I-765 and your I-485 receipts with you? Or were you ok taking only the FP notice letter that has the bar codes for both, the 765 and the 485?

The reason I ask is because I dont have my original I-765 receipt, my lawyer has it. But I do have the original I-485 and the FP notice. :eek:

Thanks

NO Notoce of FP approval or otherwise

Espoman,
on a related note, a question for those of you those of you who had their last update on the fingerprinted forms soon after that appointment and then nothing. Did you get a letter that the FP were accepted / processed all right? I was told I would get one, but nothing came, yet...

Thanks!

I didnot get any letter whether my FP were accepted or not....did anyone else or most of us get such a notice...please clarify.
Thanks

I've never heard of FP acceptance notice.

I have not heard about it either but "greenbeen" pointed this out and since this is my first time applying for AOS :) i assume that there are things that i dont know and will come accross during the process. I am guessing now that there is no such notice about the FP. Now it is just a wait game...man i wish my DO was a bit faster...i am seeing people who applied after me are already getting interview notices...but no sweat we all are here for a common goal that we all will achieve it.
Keep posting guys

Is this normal for USCIS to not update the general processing times (not case specific) for so long. The last updates on all the applications was March 15th and has not moved yet. Are they really backed up with a lot of applications or just forgot to update the website. Anyone with any insight or thoughts about this.

Guys, I will be filling 1-130/1485 for my wife in couple of wks.

will keep u guys updated with my progess too.

thanks

Guys, I will be filling 1-130/1485 for my wife in couple of wks.

will keep u guys updated with my progess too.

thanks

You may be better off posting under the thread for April filers or start one if it does not exist since this thread is mostly people that filed in March.
Thanks

I sent my package off on March 15, got my I-765, 130 and 485 receipts with a received date of March 30. On April 9, received my FP appointment notice for 485 and 765, appt. date was today, April 25 which I went to. And my LUD dates are two for 4/19/2007 and one for 4/10/2007. Seems to be rolling along nicely?

nicely indeed...

I sent my package off on March 15, got my I-765, 130 and 485 receipts with a received date of March 30. On April 9, received my FP appointment notice for 485 and 765, appt. date was today, April 25 which I went to. And my LUD dates are two for 4/19/2007 and one for 4/10/2007. Seems to be rolling along nicely?

what's ur DO ?