March 2010 Family based filers, post here.

Nothing heard on I-485 (checks are not cashed and did not receive NOA). Is it time to Panic? or wait for few more days...

I-130 Mailed on 02/08/2010
I-130 Received @Chicago- 02/11/2010
I-130 NOA Received: 02/17/2010
I-485 Mailed on 03/15/2010
I-485 Received @Chicago: 03/18/2010
I-485 NOA not received
no BioMetrics Appointment Yet

Check January filer thread and you will get an idea about the timeline. Also you should sign up for e-mail alert. What is your DO?

I don't think you should panic, I got my email from uscis on march 24th and check was cashed the following day, and I had filled my 485 on march 16, so you will probably hear from them early next week. I hope you included your 130 receipt notice in the 485 package?

First time poster, hopefully will have good news at the end of this

F1 status, spouse is USC.

03/25/2010 - sent I-130, I-485, I-765 UPS overnight
03/26/2010 - signed for at Chicago location (this doesn't constitute a RD or ND correct?)

03/26/2010 - signed for at Chicago location (this doesn't constitute a RD or ND correct?)

When your receive your NOA for the I-485 it will have two dates. A received date is the date usually it was received from the mail system, and a notice date which is the date the information is data entered and the date the NOA is usually printed. If you submitted G-1145 depending on the timing of the process in Chicago, you should be receiving a text and/or email message from them within about a week. The official NOA is received in the mail about a week and half to two weeks after you mail it. You can't prove that you applied for the benefit until you receive the NOA. I see that you are on F-1 student status and a majority of the forum will advise you to not leave school until after a decision has been made on your application.

I paid using Cashier's checks. Anybody know exactly how that shows up at the bank as having been cleared? Is it like a regular check?

Another question. I filed only one set of G-325A. I did so with the I-130 packet. On the coversheet for the I-485 packet, under the contents listed, I put that the G-325A forms were in the I-130 packet. I thought that was fine since the applications were filed concurrently/together. Was that wrong? Did I need another set of G-325A for the I-485? And if so, should I sent it in or just wait to get a RFE? Thanks

I recieved my NOAs on 27 Mar. On 29 March i recieved a rejection notice for my 485 application(485 reciept number) for the extra $70 check i had sent. It also says No Action is required from my side. Since my 485 application has already been accepted, i assume there is no action required from my side. Can anyone please confirm?

TKD - I believe you had a similar problem as well. When they rejected yours did they return the entire package? On the rejection NOA did it have a receipt number?

They sent back the entire 485 package and the NOA had a receipt number, since they only sent back the extra fees in this case, I am thinking this should be okay. Probably a better checker than the one who did mine, lol!

Received I-485 Rejections notice, as we did not include I-130 NOA.

Me and my wife are citizens since 2003

I-130 Mailed on 02/08/2010
I-130 Received @Chicago- 02/11/2010
I-130 NOA Received: 02/17/2010
I-485 Mailed on 03/15/2010
I-485 Received @Chicago: 03/18/2010
I-485 Rejected 03/28/2010
no BioMetrics Appointment Yet

Hey everybody ,

I've been reading all of your experiences with the USCIS, and it seems to me that nobody had any use of a lawyer. Would I have known this I would've never hired one to handle my case. All in all , it seems like a very speedy proccess for those applying for a greencard based on family or marriage. My lawyer recently sent out the package March 19 and I have yet to receive any notice from the USCIS. I'm worried if maybe something is wrong. First off, my lawyer told me to write ONE check for The US Homeland Security, does it matter if I just sent one check or should it have been several? Second , I'm worried if maybe something else is wrong because I HAVE not received any confirmation or receipt from them, all my money is still in my bank account. Should I be worried ? If so , any advise on what I should do? Because judging on the wait time for everyone it is approximately 10-12 waiting days until I hear something right? If so, it has been almost 2 weeks and still no word. Thanks in advance for all input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everybody ,

My lawyer recently sent out the package March 19 and I have yet to receive any notice from the USCIS. I'm worried if maybe something is wrong. First off, my lawyer told me to write ONE check for The US Homeland Security, does it matter if I just sent one check or should it have been several? Second , I'm worried if maybe something else is wrong because I HAVE not received any confirmation or receipt from them, all my money is still in my bank account. Should I be worried ? If so , any advise on what I should do? Because judging on the wait time for everyone it is approximately 10-12 waiting days until I hear something right? If so, it has been almost 2 weeks and still no word. Thanks in advance for all input.

Did you track the package? Do you know when USCIS actually received your package? If you do, then you can call the customer service number if its been over 10 days since they received your package, not from the date you mailed it.

I think its okay to write only one check, the only problem is that if one of the applications has a problem, they will send both the I485 and the I130 back to you since they are both on the same check.

Another question. I filed only one set of G-325A. I did so with the I-130 packet. On the coversheet for the I-485 packet, under the contents listed, I put that the G-325A forms were in the I-130 packet. I thought that was fine since the applications were filed concurrently/together. Was that wrong? Did I need another set of G-325A for the I-485? And if so, should I sent it in or just wait to get a RFE? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I dont think you should have a problem.

I paid using Cashier's checks. Anybody know exactly how that shows up at the bank as having been cleared? Is it like a regular check?

The funds should have left your bank account already, right? I am not sure you can track that.