March 2010 Family based filers, post here.

Pending EB3 AOS, Now filling marriage based (Husband is a USC)

tkd,

I am a Jan filer and have the same situation as you. EB3 I140 and now I130. Where is your EB3 based I485 pending? I was done with FP on feb/16 but have not yet received the IL. I guess it's slower for us then the rest. Can you keep me updated when u receive the IL? My user name is "achill" Thanks!

Wife filed for her Mom. Here is the time line:

I-130 Mailed on 02/08/2010
I-130 Received @Chicago- 02/11/2010
I-130 NOA Received: 02/17/2010
I-485 Mailed on 03/15/2010
I-485 Received @Chicago: 03/18/2010
I-485 NOA not received
no BioMetrics Appointment Yet

I am anxiously waiting too, my I485 got to Chicago on March 16th, no word yet...sigh!

Yay! Just got the golden text message and email confirming receipt # for my I-485. Now waiting for finger printing letter...

Yay! Just got the golden text message and email confirming receipt # for my I-485. Now waiting for finger printing letter...

Glad to hear that! Hopefully should receive your official receipt notice in the mail early next week. If you haven't done so already, go to www.uscis.gov and Check My Case Status and create an account. This is the only way that you will receive further updates.

The odd thing is when I got our receipt emails from the lockbox they came at about the same time of day.

Did you send form G1145 with your application?
Your checks haven't been cashed yet ? Its almost 2 weeks right, I would wait till the end of this week before calling them.
If i remember correctly, you also had sent an extra $70 check, right ? did you get that back at least, or any communication regarding that ...

No, they have not cashed the check yet, and if it's anything like the I130, I am expecting them to cash it tomorrow. You should call the customer service number.

My I130 receipt number starts with WAC while the 485 starts with MSC, is it normal that the two will be in different service centers?

TKD, Singh57

Are your checks cashed yet? My package reached USCIS on 12-Mar. Still haven't heard anything.

Preethi, If u filed g1145 then u shud have received email/sms notification by now. To answer ur question, my checks havnt been cashed yet.

That's what I read at one of the immgration's memo, that the most recent tax year before April 15 2010 is 2008 not 2009, and since i just started working on may 09 and I didn't have any income before that time I just filed taxes this year and i have the tax return for 2009 and it's not required before April 15 2010. I don't even know what should i but for my second and third recent years income since i got none, should i just put zero or should i attach an explanation letter with it, some people say that i should explain anything though, since it's not required any way and the law states that they should issue any RFE for any year previous to the most recent year.

That's what I read at one of the immgration's memo, that the most recent tax year before April 15 2010 is 2008 not 2009, and since i just started working on may 09 and I didn't have any income before that time I just filed taxes this year and i have the tax return for 2009 and it's not required before April 15 2010. I don't even know what should i but for my second and third recent years income since i got none, should i just put zero or should i attach an explanation letter with it, some people say that i should explain anything though, since it's not required any way and the law states that they should issue any RFE for any year previous to the most recent year.

Some people include their 2nd and 3rd year taxes. I think if you have such a huge difference from one year to the next they will want to see tax returns from years 2 and 3. My big thing with this process is if you think you need it, you need it. Send in a letter staying why you didn't file taxes for 2009 and 2008. If NBC doesn't think it is relevant then let them make the decision. It is better to give it to them and let them decide if it should of been included or not, then to have your file put on hold for one little thing they need to create a RFE for.

My checks have been cashed on 03/24.

Here are my timelines -
03/12 - USCIS recieved my package.
03/24 - Checks cashed.

Day 10 for me yesterday, march 25.........checks cashed and I485/I130/I765 appear online under "Initial Review"

Last edited by a moderator:
Really lazy checker, who was further confused by the fact that I attached a copy of my filed I130 to the I485 package, which I filed at the same time, but sent in a different envelope to the same office. I sent the 485 package to the attention of "AOS" and the I130 to the attention of 'FBAS". I was following the instructions for concurrent filing on both forms, but apparently both should have been in the same envelope.... oh well, now I know, and hopefully some other filers will read my post before they make the same mistake. The USCIS should get the 485 package I resent today, I attached the receipt notice for my I130, so they can match both by God's grace.... and we can move on. Looks like the next thing is finger printing....

All the best to everyone!

Just for the record,I sent separate checks as follow, I-130--$355.00, I-485--$1010.00 and I-864--$70.00 and attached them to each application, and the application went through. I wasn't certain if the $70.00 applied to me. I don't know if anyone else application was sent back for that reason.

Applying for my spouse:485, EAD and AP. I became citizen recently (took the oath on 3/10/10).

Spouse's application -

Day 1 03/12/2010 File Sent to Chicago Lockbox (Lawyer)
Day 4 03/16/2010 Application recd.
Day 11 03/23/2010 Check cashed
Day 14 03/26/2010 NoA received (3x = EAD, AP, and I-485)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing heard on I-485 (checks are not cashed and did not receive NOA). Is it time to Panic? or wait for few more days...

I-130 Mailed on 02/08/2010
I-130 Received @Chicago- 02/11/2010
I-130 NOA Received: 02/17/2010
I-485 Mailed on 03/15/2010
I-485 Received @Chicago: 03/18/2010
I-485 NOA not received
no BioMetrics Appointment Yet