LUD on Approved I-140

If priority date is not current, then not a good sign.

Dugglish,
Thanks for the update. In your case, you may had a visa number alloted in Jul/Aug or your priority date may be current. If the priority date is not current, then I dont think that is a good sign. Could you please provide your birth country?

Thanks

A little over a month after I had an LUD(11/25) on an approved 140 my GC was approved on 12/31/07. So here's one more case supporting the theory that an LUD on approved I140 is actually a good thing and might lead to GC approval.
So if there is a LUD on 140 after GC approval, means USCIS is taking it back?:eek::mad::D

If you see MOST LUDs on approved cases (140, ap, ead, h1, even approved 485, etc) are on the weekends. Most probably USCIS updating records in a batch, regardless of 485 is already approved/ or near to approval/or far from approval. What type of info they are updating for approved cases, USCIS knows better. It could be they are upgrading the system and in the process we are seeing these luds on approved cases.

Dugglish,
Thanks for the update. In your case, you may had a visa number alloted in Jul/Aug or your priority date may be current.
Check Dugg's signature. 1997 priority date! With a PD that old, it is always current unless the VB says "unavailable".

if you all have noticed in iv.org where an approved i140 2.5yrs ago was denied,he started using EAD/AP etc and not anymore on H1....

not to scare you guys....but be watchful as what is happening before it is too late...

UN comments that it is possible that USCIS will again look back at how many GCs the company is sponsoring since our 140 is approved etc and have authority to cancel it...

so....bottom line until the GC is in our hands we r not really safe....if we feel that our employer is filing GC's left and right after our cases and financially not so strong until our dates r current we might be in deep waters...

not sure if using AC21 will help us out of this situation...

USCIS / US Immigration Process as whole and logic is just NOT CORRECT.

There was LUD on my I-140 also on 12/15/2007 ( my I-140 was approved on March 24, 2005 )

I hope God can know what is going on there at USCIS Tx on my application like..

USCIS / US Immigration Process as whole and logic is just NOT CORRECT.

My PD was current couple of times after I filled 485 still was not approved due to name check and now name check is cleared PD is not current.

First wait is for Labour Clearance and then wait for I-140 and then apply for 485 and then FBI name check and then PD to be current and then it depends on Immigration Officer mood's..

In the whole chain of process there is lot uncertanity and no First In First Out at every each step / process ( where is the justice ? on this ? )

I am getting sick of this when I see approval of others with greater PD and greater 485 application received dates than me there is NO LOGIC to the whole process.

I think he meant the pattern is people with PD 2003 and 2002 and before are getting LUD's on I140 and people with PD 2004 and greater are not getting LUDS on I140's.

Anyway, I think its not a pattern as I got a LUD on 11/4/07 for my old I140(Dec 2005 apprvoed) with PD June 15th 2005. This one I have not used for I-485.

Dude I'm in the same boat as u. An LUD on an approved 140 on a Sunday(11/25). What the hell doz that mean? My 140 was approved in 2006 and my PD is 2006 too. As there is no way to know if the I-140 has been revoked before 180 days of applying for 485, I'm now scared and wondering if the employer sent a 140 revocation request. I'm a July 2 filer and when this LUD happened, I was well within 180 days. Did u dig deep and try to find out whats going on? I'm thinking of calling the customer service center on Monday (01/07/2008).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dugglish,
Thanks for the update. In your case, you may had a visa number alloted in Jul/Aug or your priority date may be current. If the priority date is not current, then I dont think that is a good sign. Could you please provide your birth country?

Thanks

With a PD as old as mine, it has to be current even if I were a true "alien" from the Mars :D

Seriously though, I am from India.

Folks,

I have not been checking my USCIS account lately since PD is not current.
Today before going to sleep I checked and here is a headache:

I had an LUD on 12/22/07 on my approved 140 and 131 that were approved in

My name check is clear as of July 2007 and PD is July 1005 with PERM LC.
Should I worry?

Thanks

LUD on I131 (Approved in Sep-2006 - Travelled on)

I see LUD on I131 & I140 both were approved in 2005 and filed in 2004.
There could be multiple reasons:
1- Inventory count and/or audit (as the LUDs are occuring in the last quarter)
2- 40% NC reduction efforts as it has to be completed before the end of 2007
3- Visa number/Quota requirement/allocation/sorting based on PD/country
4- Background check for the status and travel.
Significance of LUDs: I have tons of applications, none of them touched except those filed in/around december 2004 and early 2005 and approved.
On 11/25/2007 there was LUD on I129 was approved in 2004.

As most of you know that I and my family have been interviewed recently, my NC is still pending.
I have reason to believe, it is all about background/status check efforts. Based on these activities, the background checks can be expedited, the RFE ccould be issued, the retogressed cases could be shelved.

I do not believe but hope that the 2nd letter I received from CIS-Ombudsman for expedite handling is significant. Many of you have requested CIS-Ombudsman and observing these LUDs.
I see LUD on I131 today (1/6/2008).

wake up guys !!!!!!!

freedom2007
DSLstart
asperansky
gcckar
apol
MD_Rockville
shivab
need_green_card
NO_VN_YET
Vasuorion
GC_NJ_USA

Hey whats the latest with you

I think soft LUD on I-140 is related to namecheck

I called NSC yesterday and came to know my my namecheck was completed on 12-13-07
I got a soft lud on my 2006 approved I-140 on 12-15-07
Now they are saying that they don't have my biometrics even though I gave them on 12-19-07 and notice a LUD on my I-145 on 12-20-07
Now they scheduled me again for 01-22-08

LUD on approved I140

I also had a LUD on 12/22/07 (Saturday) on my approved 140 that were approved in
May,2005. My name check is cleared on Sep. 2007 and PD is Sep 2005.
GOD only knows whats going on.
all the best for everybody who is waiting for the GC journey!

Folks,

Should I worry?

Thanks

LUD on approved I140

I also had a LUD on 12/22/07 (Saturday) on my approved 140 that were approved in
May,2005. My name check is cleared on Sep. 2007 and PD is Sep 2005.
LUD on I485 11/14, 11/16, 11/17

GOD only knows whats going on.
all the best for everybody who is waiting for the GC journey!

Folks,

Should I worry?

Thanks

I had lud on 140 (approved back in 2004 april) on 11/17/07 then lud on 485 on 12/06/08..today my 485 transferred to Nebraska from Texas. (VSC to TSC was on March 2007). Looks like LUD means something cooking... (my guess.. approval or transfer or ready for approval..)

I140/I131 LUD: on 1/6/2008

Received a letter from CAO, USCIS (Domestic Operations Directorate, DC), dated 1/14/2008.
This letter was in connection with CIS-Ombudsman inquiry (I-7000). The wording "...we researched your case/s...the background investigation is in process, we can NOT move forward until we receive the outcome of this, we can NOT give exact date when it will be comleted... we appreciate your continued patience..."
I think, the LUD was for this.

Assur,

I do not have any CIS-Ombudsman inquiry pending or for that matter any SR pending. Let me see,if I receive something.

USCIS and it's way of workings are not much of a help, those who have PD current do not have namecheck/back ground check clear, and vice versa.
They have created a smart dead lock to control no. of people that can be permanent in US.