LUD on Approved I-140

Nothing much, living an EAD & AP life. Wish SSA could start giving retirement benefits till GC comes thru as an relief package or something ;)
freedom2007
DSLstart
asperansky
gcckar
apol
MD_Rockville
shivab
need_green_card
NO_VN_YET
Vasuorion
GC_NJ_USA

Hey whats the latest with you

Assur,

I do not have any CIS-Ombudsman inquiry pending or for that matter any SR pending. Let me see,if I receive something.

USCIS and it's way of workings are not much of a help, those who have PD current do not have namecheck/back ground check clear, and vice versa.
They have created a smart dead lock to control no. of people that can be permanent in US.
Goodluck.

LUDs on I485s (Wife + 4 Children) NOT mine

Received a letter from CAO, USCIS (Domestic Operations Directorate, DC), dated 1/14/2008.
This letter was in connection with CIS-Ombudsman inquiry (I-7000). The wording "...we researched your case/s...the background investigation is in process, we can NOT move forward until we receive the outcome of this, we can NOT give exact date when it will be comleted... we appreciate your continued patience..."
I think, the LUD was for this.
Today (2/3/2008) I see LUDs on all derivative's I485s but NOT on my I485.
BTW, all derivatives have cleared name check long time ago.
Just wanted to keep you all posted about status.

Just saw LUD change today (02/03/2008) on my pending 485 cases (self & spouse), after so many days just a LUD with no message change, no idea whats going on.

LUD on 485 today

Hi,

Same here. I have an LUD on my 485 dated today 02/03/08. My pd is 07/01/05 and I am the primary applicant.

Got an LUD on my 140 approved in 2003 ( though online it says 2005).
Time to be happy or indifferent. I do not know what it means

Got an LUD on my 140 approved in 2003 ( though online it says 2005).
Time to be happy or indifferent. I do not know what it means

Why you should be indifferent???.

What are you??

Are you citizen, green card holder or still waiting in line for green card !!!

With out you details in the signature, its very confusing to read your post.

By the way, soft LUDs on I 140 and I 485 are being repeated often in the past two months.

Some are system updates and other are in response to pending name checks cleared cases in the recent past and others may to the recent memo in regard to namecheck pending cases 180 days time limit approval.

In any way the soft LUDs are encouring signs.

Good luck.

I am sorry I should have posted my details.
I1485 Pending since 2003. Feb 2001 is PD
INterviewed in OCT 2004. Since then stuck in in the local office "Pending Review"
By indifferent I meant ,is it just an LUD and doesnt mean anything or as you pointed out in your post an encouraging sign.

Why you should be indifferent???.

What are you??

Are you citizen, green card holder or still waiting in line for green card !!!

With out you details in the signature, its very confusing to read your post.

By the way, soft LUDs on I 140 and I 485 are being repeated often in the past two months.

Some are system updates and other are in response to pending name checks cleared cases in the recent past and others may to the recent memo in regard to namecheck pending cases 180 days time limit approval.

In any way the soft LUDs are encouring signs.

Good luck.

I got a soft LUD (no message change) on 07/22/2007 for the NIW (India) I 140 that was approved on 09/2005. My I 485 is pending. I checked with TSC on August 2007 and my security/name check was pending.

My spouse NC was cleared in 2005.

I called today to TSC, the IO told that my NC is still pending and my I 485 is under standard review. What does this standard review mean?

Abhuda

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an LUD on my approved I-140 a couple od days ago on 2/10/2008.

PD - 11/2001
485 RD - 10/10/2006
Name check still pending

Standard review / Pending review / Additional review are all the name of the saME Back ground Check. They just use fancy words so that you feel important :)

I got a soft LUD (no message change) on 07/22/2007 for the NIW (India) I 140 that was approved on 09/2005. My I 485 is pending. I checked with TSC on August 2007 and my security/name check was pending.

My spouse NC was cleared in 2005.

I called today to TSC, the IO told that my NC is still pending and my I 485 is under standard review. What does this standard review mean?

Abhuda

Is your PD current. Are you EB2 EB3?
Do you know when your I140 was approved. I am just trying to build a pattern here.

I had an LUD on my approved I-140 a couple od days ago on 2/10/2008.

PD - 11/2001
485 RD - 10/10/2006
Name check still pending

Sam ,
Keep me posted. MY PD has been current for a long time too. Except my case is in the local office.
I had an LUD on the exact same day ( Sunday I wonder why). So let me know if you hear something.

I hope if it wasn't a regular inventory count or something. So far, I have not heard of LUD from a lot of people on this date.

Sam ,
Keep me posted. MY PD has been current for a long time too. Except my case is in the local office.
I had an LUD on the exact same day ( Sunday I wonder why). So let me know if you hear something.

I am keeping my fingers crossed as it was right after the memo. So if it was only the Back ground check which was holding the case maybe they are preparing to approve our cases.
Let us seea positive in all this. Atleast gives us some hope.

The only exception with me is that my finger prints have expired two months ago. Let me see if they do send a FP notice in near future.

I am keeping my fingers crossed as it was right after the memo. So if it was only the Back ground check which was holding the case maybe they are preparing to approve our cases.
Let us seea positive in all this. Atleast gives us some hope.

I am confused regarding the FP. I read somewhere that they now keeping the FP in digital format so they dont expire. Some say they still expire in 15 months. My 10 Fps are valid for another 1 1/2 month. But I would still need to go for BIO.
SO in a way it is good if you get the FP in the next 2-3 weeks means you are on your way.

Qoute from another thread on FP
QUOTE=koku1;1862240]I think they start storing FPs sometime aroun mid-2006, and now they simply re-run stored prints every 15 months instead of asking you to come for FP appointment each time.[/QUOTE]